With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna - Release Date and Trailer

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna - Release Date and Trailer

Lots of news coming in.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Fresh off the Future of Digimon Panel, today we have a release date for Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna, along with a clean look at the new poster art and key art featuring a look back at a classic scene from Adventure episode 1!

The movie will be released February 21st, 2020

We also have a trailer!

In addition, Toei US put up the English subtitled version of the trailer that was shown to the panel.

If the subtitled trailer is region locked for you, Toei also put that version on Youtube.

With a US release confirmed for Spring 2020, hopefully the wait will be short (or nonexistent) to the Japanese release.

Update from Marc- Adding in a bit I wrote for another thread- To clarify this, some reports from the panel mentioned a 'theatrical' release in the USA in Spring. To my knowledge this is a misunderstanding of the message at the end of the trailer. Unless I missed something, I don't believe there was any literal mention of a theatrical release (although a limited release ala Fathom seems likely.)

Update by Marc- Cleaned up the above.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    I don't know about the rest of you, but the animation style looks brilliant and that many feels are likely to be had. Interested in the smart-phone Digivice concent, makes me wonder what happened to the old Digivices after tri.

I've been a little bit out of the loop. Have they confirmed if this takes place within the same canon as the original or tri.? Or is this in its own canon by itself? Also, I heard that the original staff are back for this one. Weren't there already some of them working on tri.? Thanks in advance.

It's beautiful and I'm crying out of pure happiness. This is wonderful but the title is so sad! I can't wait to see what's going to happen.
    日本語できなければ、それをやめよう。

Oh no, this movie is going to make me cry isn’t it?

Hopefully, there will be an equality with screen time and evolution between the 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but the animation style looks brilliant and that many feels are likely to be had. Interested in the smart-phone Digivice concent, makes me wonder what happened to the old Digivices after tri.
    I am willing to bet they will at least be selling phone cases to make your phone look like Taichi's new Digivice.

Follow Gabufan On Twitter Add Gabufan on Facebook Add Gabufan on Discord Visit Gabufan's Youtube Channel Add Gabufan on Steam Add Gabufan on DeviantArt
    I'm simply curious what the main premise will be, from what I remember of the prior artwork it featured Matt in it and it makes me wonder if it'll be two plotlines/perspectives.

First impressions of the trailer... animation looks pretty good but I'm not actually calling anything anything great until see a Digimon fight in motion for more than a few frames.
    There were some interesting visuals throughout. What stood out to me was that they showed the normal round goggles lying around but in the other shot of Taichi's head from the side, he seems to be wearing his new square goggles. Combined with the contrast of old and new Digivices (the new smartphone thing could technically just be a csa-like contstruct that goes around the phone and not the phone itself btw) I feel like there will be some metaphorical element about how wearing different goggles signifies him changing as a person or something.
    Looks like the movie will have a fight against another Parrotmon involving bridges as an homage to the first movie... which is nice but I hope they don't spend too much time trying to recapture past scenarios (slightly wary about the Our War Game Style internet tubes for the same reason, but they might just be random credit visuals)
    There are 17 wedges of light coming out of the Digivice, which is kind of a weird number. Had it been 16 the connection could easily be made (especially with the intertwining gold visual representing a kind of bond) that there's one light for each chosen and a second one for their partner Digimon. 17 would still work out if the last one is Meiko while Meicoomon isn't represented to due already having bitten the dust.
    And then one of the lights extinguishes... It would be very exciting if some characters would get actually killed off and cause some proper drama, but would the writers have the balls it would take to do that? Unfortunately I'm doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Actar View Post
    Have they confirmed if this takes place within the same canon as the original or tri.? Or is this in its own canon by itself?
    Everything looks like it's a direct sequel so far. Rumors of it being a reboot or whatnot were speculation taken out of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Actar View Post
    Also, I heard that the original staff are back for this one. Weren't there already some of them working on tri.?
    The original producer Hiromi Seki is back, although how relevant this actually is remains to be seen. Kakudo was apparently involved at the beginning but then left the project because of some unspecified disagreement.
    The writer, Akatsuki Yamatoya has some experience writing for Digimon, but he wrote 3 episodes Adventure, but far more for Savers, and the latter is what makes me the most excited out of all the announcements we had for the project.
    Last edited by Theigno; 07-07-2019 at 01:33 AM.

that final scene gave me some heavy vibes that one of Agumon's stages is getting another evolution of some kind

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast