With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna, Panel Info & Staff

Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna, Panel Info & Staff

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Title of the movie is confirmed.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Spring 2020 USA release.

Update- To clarify this, some reports from the panel mentioned a 'theatrical' release in the USA in Spring. To my knowledge this is a misunderstanding of the message at the end of the trailer. Unless I missed something, I don't believe there was any literal mention of a theatrical release (although a limited release ala Fathom seems likely.)

The Director is Tomohisa Taguchi, who worked on various Persona anime (most notable the Persona 3 films and Persona 4 the Golden Animation series), Twin Star Exorcists, and Kino's Journey - the Beautiful World-. It was also noted that he actually grew up as a Digimon fan.

The Writer is Akatsuki Yamatoya, who wrote for Digimon Adventure, Digimon Frontier, Digimon Savers, various parts of the Gintama franchise, Blue Dragon, Buso Renkin, Heroman, Soul Eater, To-Love-Ru, Zatch Bell, Shinkenger, and the list just goes on.

The Chief Animation Director is Seiji Tachikawa, who worked on Ace Attorney, Amagami SS, and Kino's Journey - the Beautiful World-.

They showed a subtitled trailer at the panel. Update- That has been made available.

Digivice is counting down.

It's mentioned as the 'Last Adventure of Taichi and Agumon.'

Saw all 8 animation design profile shots. All look great. Joe in medical scrubs. Koushiro and Mimis designs have been cleaned up a lot. Sora looks fantastic. Update- The animation designs are also available now.

More once I get home tomorrow.

Update, few more images.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

They changed the logo at the booth.

Update- Cleaned up the above.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow AguChamp On Twitter Add AguChamp on Discord Visit AguChamp's Youtube Channel Add AguChamp on Steam
    The Hype Train is definetly rolling.
    I hope Agu doesn't look that way the whole film though.
    Shrine to the Yellow Dino destined to save man of it's sins.

Title has 'Adventure' like it should and I am happy.

I'm not a huge fan of the "by Digimon fans for Digimon fans" line. It's so pedantic. But the final product looks great, and might truly mean the end of an era for Adventure, so that's certainly something to look forward to. Not too far off now...

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    "The last adventure of Taichi and Agumon."

That line alone reminds me of the bittersweetness I felt before Tri part 6 came out - and right until the moment this thing was announced!

Obviously it's impossible to judge the animation quality from these still shots alone, but I'm already liking the look and feel of this a lot. It's almost like looking at Tri but with a bigger animation budget - and I say that as someone who's very fond of Tri in general. Taichi also looks much better here than in his profile shot, even if he does - oddly - look younger than his Tri self. Also, did they abandon the chunky Agumon design or is that something we'll end up seeing later in the movie? Only time will tell I guess!

And maybe I'm just seeing things, but it looks like they designed the kanji for "kizuna" in a way that vaguely resembles a 4. Even now, Adventure's tradition of punny numbered titles continues in some odd fashion!

Shinkenger, eh? I havenít seen that Sentai myself but it seems popular. I definitely feel better about this writer than the tri one.

Ain't got no mojo... D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    So theres an actual trailer for it now?

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by D O R U g o r a m o n View Post
    So theres an actual trailer for it now?
    That's what Marc said, just not released to 'the general public'

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Director from the persona 3 movies and persona 4 anime? Now the anime is Digimon:Persona edition just like the games lol. (Not a bad thing)

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Kizuna means bonds in Japanese.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast