With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future of Digimon Panel AX - Digimon Survive 2020

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Future of Digimon Panel AX - Digimon Survive 2020

Image Thumbnail (custom)

At the panel they confirmed Digimon Survive would be delayed from 2019 to 2020.

In addition they showed a relatively long animated intro for the game. It's fully animated and voiced, and was shown subtitled.

A few new characters were shown, including a brash appearing male student that some characters appeared bothered by, along with a young girl who went off wandering on her own.

During the Q&A Habu reconfirmed the game is 'not' in the digital world.

Various inspirations was taken from Digimon Adventure, but most so how the Digimon were affected by their partner's mental state. Your responses will change their evolution.

The second big inspiration came from Habu coming to Kakudou, and how the idea of them being spirits that predate the digital world was based on ideas of Adventure director Kakudou.

Update by Marc- Cleaned up and expanded above.

I think I might have a heart attack and die of not surprise!

Honestly, fine. I think it's going to be a really interesting game. Even if technologically it's weird to see it delayed (still no idea why they had to start over?) it'll be just fine.

Disappointing it's a longer wait but it's fine, they're taking the time they need for it. I'd be interested to know what was in the 5 minute video, i've heard it was a long introduction cinematic from the start of the game itself so I don't know if they'll upload it later.

Interesting that it's set in a completely separate world to the real and digital ones, I wonder if it's tying into the mythology stuff they've talked about, like the old post-apocalyptic world the digimon inhabited before becoming digital entities or something
    Last edited by Togetak; 07-06-2019 at 11:26 AM.

I'm OK with the release date if it means the quality is better in the end. But it's going to be a long wait.
    Last edited by flintlock; 07-06-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Dang, I really want to see the video they showed. I hope someone recorded it.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    Dang, I really want to see the video they showed. I hope someone recorded it.
    Photos/recording were forbidden. However Habu has mentioned on Twitter: https://twitter.com/habumon/status/1147569813641805824 that the Panel will be released at a later date.

Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    Good, gives me more time to save up for it. All the better that theyre porting cyber sleuth to the switch.
    Last edited by D O R U g o r a m o n; 07-06-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Follow Hanbei On Twitter
    That's a shame, but also very predictable. I felt it was really unlikely that it'd come out this year still.

Add Grovyle48 on DeviantArt
    I'm fine with 2020. I'd rather wait than the game be rushed out.
    My Royal Knights stories:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7922349/...Shining-Armour
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10931005/1/Holy-War

Holy War Chapter 42 is posted.
    In it, the Royal Knights' war against the Seven Great Demon Lords is now in full swing.

My Story blog:
    http://adragoninshiningarmour.tumblr.com/

I come from the net
    2020? OK. Switch? OK now I'll pay attention. Could be a long wait but that happens a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast