With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon at Anime Expo 2019

Digimon at Anime Expo 2019

Short post since I'm sitting outside of a panel room, will expand after I get home.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Toei's booth has a nice display for the new films promotional material along with the old Taichi statue.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A bit more.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A nice big display tile next to other Toei brands.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The model kits on display at the Bandai booth, which is insane in size.

Update- Cleaned up post slightly.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Red shirt
    I'm so excited about this. I'm sure a formal dub announcement of the new movie is imminent, but it feels like there might be some more surprises.

Dare I dream for a redub of Adventure with the original cast?

Four Dark Lords. Hundreds of monsters. Five teens. One huge adventure.
    An anime-inspired web serial updated weekly.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by PCmon View Post
    I'm so excited about this. I'm sure a formal dub announcement of the new movie is imminent, but it feels like there might be some more surprises.

Dare I dream for a redub of Adventure with the original cast?
    Youre expecting way too much. Not sure a redub would even be profitable.

Ain't got no mojo...
    An announcement of a dub for the new film seems pretty likely, although I doubt there will be a release date or anything like that. A redub doesn't seem like it would be profitable, or even really necessary: The original dub holds up pretty well.

Ain't got no mojo... SoulCoreAttack99's Avatar
    Add SoulCoreAttack99 on Facebook
    It could happen if original fans like us could or would start a campaign from Kickstarter to raise more $100,000 or even more to convince Toei Animation themselves to release Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 02 digitally remastered on Blu-ray, DVD and/or download by any distributor to redub with an all-new English voice cast (both new and old voices if they are coming back to repirse their roles during the 90s and early 2000s) And no, I'm not expecting high hopes about it either, so it's just my opinion or wishful thinking. But who knows? Only time will tell, I guess.🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

P.S.: If there are licensing issues with the music from Koji Wada and others doing the opening, insert and ending songs with vocals, they can just remove them and leave the background music intact instead!
    Last edited by SoulCoreAttack99; 07-04-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I donít really see the point. If you arenít satisfied with the existing dub you can just watch the original.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    What's with the dub logo?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulCoreAttack99 View Post
    It could happen if original fans like us could or would start a campaign from Kickstarter to raise more $100,000 or even more to convince Toei Animation themselves to release Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 02 digitally remastered on Blu-ray, DVD and/or download by any distributor to redub with an all-new English voice cast (both new and old voices if they are coming back to repirse their roles during the 90s and early 2000s) And no, I'm not expecting high hopes about it either, so it's just my opinion or wishful thinking. But who knows? Only time will tell, I guess.狼狼狼狼狼

P.S.: If there are licensing issues with the music from Koji Wada and others doing the opening, insert and ending songs with vocals, they can just remove them and leave the background music intact instead!
    peoples nostalgia is for the old dub and voice actors it wouldn't work.

Plus youd need need more money than that. Arcsys once said dubbing a fighting game costs 250k and that's prob cheaper than a 50 episode anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    What's with the dub logo?
    Anime expo is in America why wouldn't they use dub? This is a Bandai US event. The people actually there will know the dub logo
    Last edited by Muur; 07-04-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Ain't got no mojo... SoulCoreAttack99's Avatar
    Add SoulCoreAttack99 on Facebook

Digimon English Re-dub Someday

I see what you mean there about what I said earlier on my comment... Like I said, it's just my matter of opinion my wishful thinking of whether or not a re-dub of Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 02 (Seasons of 1 & 2 as "Digimon: Digital Monsters") is possible. I also wanted to apologize about my nostalgia about the 90s and early 2000s of anime a while back there. And please, feel free my opinion or Idea was dumb or stupid.

Ain't got no mojo...
    It's worth keeping in mind that licensing costs alone (and you would have to re-license it) can be anywhere from 50000 to a million dollars, the industry standard for scriptwriters bottoms out at $50 per minute, and the industry standard for voice actors is 60-80 dollars per hour. Digimon licenses would trend more expensive than most -- the franchise has a gross revenue equivalent to Twilight and the DCEU, if you can believe that -- fifty-four episodes for a total of at least $54000 in scriptwriting costs in 01 and fifty episodes for a total of $50000 for 02 (and more for editing costs, because editors don't work for free), and Digimon Adventure has twenty-four main characters and even more major supporting characters, all of whom would require voice-acting. That's not even covering things like the cost of music licensing (a cost which the original dub sidestepped by using mostly music already commissioned for a failed project) or composition costs for new pieces of music.

To put that in perspective, the redub of Akira in 2001 cost approximately $1m. Akira is one twentieth the length of Digimon Adventure 01 and 02 put together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast