With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strongest digimon tier list

Ain't got no mojo...
    That thread was a good read.

Any way if you think that some of the things I have stated is a straight line or misinformation, then please correct me, just don't leave it hanging there because I would like to know myself ya know.

I come from the net
    It's not just to "correct" you. In fact, we have so many "Strongest" topics here in the past. There are reasons of why the newest "Strongest" topics tend to get less posts/answers...

#1 Every time a new digimon(s) released in the news there'll always be another new topic with same repeatedly questions or revives old topics.
    #2 Who/which is the most strongest one ever in the most "opinion" wars of personal clashing conflict in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's fan communication style
    #3 People interpret differently on their personal viewpoints when the digimon official profile(s) released and translated even translation gets altered often to determinate how powerful they are
    #4 Don't listen to youtube comments or other forums to believe. It's only fan opinions or Power matters opinion like just us and our own opinions.
    #5 With the proof or without it, it doesn't solve this or clearly confirm it because, the future will say otherwise... As a new digimon(s) releases, it may change the raging tides easily.
    #6 as #1 above said, it may will have less and less new posts incoming...

I'm a Maniac
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    The only “real” tier list in Digimon has always only been what has been outlined by the level system itself, most adults can probably not take on most perfects but of course even that is treated in a very inconsistent manner.
    Can't forget the fact that not all Digimon, including Ultimates, rely purely on brute strength, but rather on the development of unique tactics and fighting styles. Parasimon and MarineAngemon seem like perfect examples of this.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I disagree that you can't tier things. Obviously some Digimon will always be weaker than others, etc. I guess you can argue the fact that stuff like Dawn has super OP baby forms, but in a general sense, Numemon would be at the bottom of a list, and something like Shoutmon X7F will be at the top. OP's list doesn't seem too far off. Not sure I'd put Victory and Zeed that high though, and I'd rank Merciful Mode way higher.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Just learned about xrossing and stuff, the more a digimon xrosses the more data they have thus the more powerful they are. X7 SM and zeedmellinium power seems to be heavily depended on it.

Just going back to the subject of gracenovamon, it seems to be as a standalone digimon, it has the most data out of most digimon out there, yeah I would put him where ragnalordmon sits.

I come from the net
    Before Xros. Millenniumon have so many unique things. He is the only one broke the Jogress rule: Chimeramon (Perfect) and Mugendramon (Ultimate) to jogress into Millenniumon. He got two forms that broke the digitama reborn when dead/killed/defeated rule: MoonMillenniumon and ZeedMillenniumon.

Moon form: Immune to most physical attacks, in order to defeat "MoonMillenniumon", Millenniumon must be first defeated, its true form even if by some chance Millenniumon is defeated, it is said that it will separate from its now-dead true form and be revived throughout time and space.

Zeed form: Reborned upon the corpse of its data, Millenniumon died in the battle, the Dark soul it possessed that was reborn into this Zeed.

But it appeared in Xros chapter, it didn't shown up performing any time/space abilities also... Using the victims to Xros by just directly into ZeedMillenniumon instead of Millenniumon. In other words, it was cheated to become that Zeed in my view...

Ragnalord, I think it's better to watch Digimon seasons (Excluded Xros seasons or will be the last ones to watch) and no need to judge or learn from the internet you surf randomly just searching for "powerful" Digimon based on the judgement....

Ain't got no mojo...
    A lot of Digimon Reference Book profiles are pretty hyperbolic sounding. Per GraceNovamon: "Grace Novamon itself has become a standalone galaxy." That...that doesn't really mean anything in normal words. You can infer stuff from that, but...either way most of it is just flavor and has little bearing on how that Digimon will be portrayed in any other context (looking at you, Xros Wars Fanglongmon).

If you want to create a "tier list" for those higher-level Digimon it's all/mostly going to be your head-canon. Doesn't mean there isn't going to be some justification for it, but there can be just as much justification against it, and it'll all end up being opinion-based anyway.

For Example: In V-Tamer UlforceVeedramon Future Mode was the end-all be-all for Digimon. But was that due to main-character-ness? I'd argue yes. I've always found Future Mode to be more analogous to Crimson Mode than the Greatest Super Ultimate Digimon of Ever. Both are Mode Changes of a Royal Knight who also gets an X-Evolved Form. And there's an in-universe item/condition that needs to be fulfilled in order to obtain that form.

But that's not important, because that's my own head-canon and attempt to integrate a form that appeared for a few panels into the larger Digimon mythos/lore/canon.

Figure out why you want to create the tier list. Are you writing a story? Then you can do anything you want, really, as long as you can justify it. Make it consistent with its own internal mythology. Otherwise it's all pretty vague in terms of power output, so your list won't really be equal to anyone else's. Chances are it'll be similar if everyone is working off the same profiles/logic, but who cares! Do your thing.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I created the list because I wanted to hear other people's opinion on there kind of list and how they look at each strong digimon.

Regarding xros, it seems like there is too much inconsistencies in that series to take it seriously.
    Last edited by Ragnalord; 07-05-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12