With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Digimon X2 Profiles- Ogremon X Art and Info!

This guy is great. I love how they doubled down on the glowing parts of the X antibodies. All the original ones not done by Asmaria didnt have any.

Added the large art they put up of Kuwagamon X
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Those guys look scarier than their original forms.

I like how the design works as a good contrast to the original version; the original Ogremon artwork is basically the poster boy for the predominant style in the very early stages of the franchise, with its bulky and wrinkly thick veined grunge look while as Ogremon X (illustrated by Nakano Hayato by the looks of it) the design comes off as clearly more aggressive but also much more sleek and dynamic.

Much of his design consisting of black bandages could be a callback to the Adventure Ogremon spending most of the Dark Masters arc with a bandage on his arm and speaking of wounds, the design makes you wonder if he has those glowing “decals” just in those specifics spot or if he would glow from any wound that is inflicted on him.
    It’s a great design overall, even mostly “decorative” parts of the design like the chains around his necks look ready to be weaponized, being outfitted with weights reminiscent of the weights on more compact Kusarigama.
    His new axe looks pretty neat but the connection to electric guitars seems very weak design wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Can you see Ogremon X's fainting eyes that pierces the whole white eye color? What is it called?
    A cataract I would say, but if it comes with the visual impairment that such clouding would cause in regular biology remains to be seen. Normally, when a Digimon has single colored eyes (or even no eyes at all) the assumption would be that it can see just fine… but as we can still see a faint trace of “normal” eyes behind the clouding it might actually be possible that he’s meant to be blind.
    Literal blindness would fit the theme of a crazy and indiscriminate berserker as well as provide a nice trade-off to his offensive enhancements. Definitely looking forward to the full DRB profile for a confirmation on this.
    Last edited by Theigno; 07-01-2019 at 05:56 AM.

I come from the net
    Cataract okay! Does it have other nicknames for anime/manga/manga? Or simply it's "Berserker eyes" or blind eyes obviously?

Yeah he does look blind or simply designed with berserker eyes however he seemed like he can turn his eyes to look around in that picture... Menacing. Fugamon had that eyes at Tamers. But not with that new design of piercing eyes.

I tried to look at that new axe but I don't see any parts that resembles to guitar... It looked like it's really the hatchlet to me. WITH FADED BLOOD splats on it!
    Murder Hatchlet weapon!

Gobimon and Titamon you will better have scary designs like this with X antibody in the future!

Ain't got no mojo...
    This is a really great X-Antibody redesign that doesn't rely on excessive spikes, armor, and ornamentation. It's got some of course. This almost looks like the midway point between Ogremon and Titamon, but they really need a specifically-designed Ultimate/Perfect for that.

speaking of wounds, the design makes you wonder if he has those glowing “decals” just in those specifics spot or if he would glow from any wound that is inflicted on him.
    Impmon X looks like it was designed by the same person and it has something similar going on with the tip of his tail. It's as if the X antibody makes their insides entirely red, and wounds just expose it or sometimes it can be exposed on it's own. Like a texture over a wireframe model but the wireframe in a videogame but its just glowing red X antibody now.

It's really cool. It gives a sort of digital aesthetic, like the glowing lines in Tron on a kaiju esque monster or just cute monster.

Junior Commander
    I wonder if the Italy-colored hair is a coincidence

Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    Shrek likes pasta confirmed.
    I wonder if we will get gulfmon x to go along with mephistomon X?

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtao View Post
    I wonder if the Italy-colored hair is a coincidence
    His hair is just white with a streak of red. That's not green in his hair. It's just the shading.

Overall, Ogremon X gives off a rockstar or glam metal-aesthetic; with the hair-streak, the eye makeup, the facial/tongue piercings, and the chains and the spiked leather clothing. The connection to electric guitars is probably part of the theme too.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 07-01-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast