With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Story Lost Evolution is Sequel Direct to Digimon Story/World Dawn and Dusk

Ain't got no mojo...

Digimon Story Lost Evolution is Sequel Direct to Digimon Story/World Dawn and Dusk

Taking advantage of the emulator to take screenshot and copy those images to the phone to translate them with the Google translator.

During the Tournament for the Legendary Rank when they present Julia.

The Referee says:

「デジタルワールドに最も多くのテイマーがいたころ...
    "When there were the most tamers in the digital world ...

テイマーユニオンで さいだいのグループを ひきいたリーダー!
    The leader who pulled the group of the key in tamer union!

ジュリアたいちょう!
    Julia Taicho!

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Doesn't it share some of the same dungeons? that would be the main telling point.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Doesn't it share some of the same dungeons? that would be the main telling point.
    Some dungeons if they shared the same map as previous game. Especially those of the Motherboard Board. The most notorious is Register Jungle.

The reason for creating this thread is that many Digimon Wikia treat Digimon Story Lost Evolution as another universe when it is a direct sequel to the previous game.

According to the EnvyPlate translation in its gameplay, during Post-Credit Scene it is revealed by Patamon that the Digital World has accelerated time. A few minutes passed in the real world during Digimon Story Lost Evolution's History.
    Last edited by Legarad; 06-28-2019 at 07:22 AM.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    This is some interesting lore, I'm kinda surprised nobody has brought up this before. Which I don't get is, Lost Evolution is a sequel of Digimon World DS/Digimon Story, Digimon World Dawn & Dusk/Digimon Story: Sunburst & Moonlight, or both oh them (like in the same timeline Digimon Story -> Sunburst & Moonlight -> Lost Evolution in this order?). I mean 'Tamer Union' originally comes from Digimon Story, while Chief Julia is a Sunburst & Moonlight character. This also leads me to think what about Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue & Red, and potentially Cyber Sleuth & Hacker's Memory? If I recall correctly, some characters from previous games appear at some point in Super Xros Wars, while Sayo makes a cameo in Cyber Sleuth.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Sayo in Cyber Sleuth is from a different universe than the other characters, so it presumably isnít the same world as the early Story games. I believe that most of the crossover characters in Super Xros Wars were also brought in from another universe. The Next protagonists also appeared in one of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Sayo in Cyber Sleuth is from a different universe than the other characters, so it presumably isnít the same world as the early Story games. I believe that most of the crossover characters in Super Xros Wars were also brought in from another universe. The Next protagonists also appeared in one of the games.
    its DS -> Dawn or Dusk -> LE

new universe

Super xros wars

new universe

Cyber Slueth/Hackers Memory

and world data squad is probably part of the DS universe depending on how we wanna count the data squad cross overs.

the Dawn dusk tourney however states that the data squad and next dudes were summoned from another universe to fight you. They state this for kogure from world DS too however he's like 25 instead of his 80 year old self from world DS so I'd presume they summoned the young version from the past.
    Last edited by Muur; 06-28-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I wonder why does final boss of Dawn and Dusk ExoGrimmon mentions Chronomon when being defeated.Is he his descendant or something?

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by digicro View Post
    I wonder why does final boss of Dawn and Dusk ExoGrimmon mentions Chronomon when being defeated.Is he his descendant or something?
    It is the ChronoCore that was speaking. ChronoCore was originally a part of Chronomon Destroy Mode. It was lamenting because it missed Chronomon; that it wouldn't have been defeated if it had been together with Chronomon instead of Grimmon.

It does make you wonder if the Alphamon from the Gaia Origin is the same as the evil one from DS.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Digimon games in general are being treated as sort of parallel universes, usually connected by certain characters,mostly villians and occasionaly heroes like Sayo or Mameo-Digimon World protagonist. The only notable exemption is Hackers Memory which is in every way the same universe as first Cyber Sleuth game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast