With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: New MonMon Memo, Digimon X2 Preview Video, & Reference Book Updates!

I come from the net
    I dunno. It seemed X Antibody only make them stronger like rewritten their codes to be improved version update patches. If this X antibody fused their digicores, then it should mention the effects of X antibody to be forced jogress/fusion in the first place.

It's true SkullKnightmon's personality is all there but you have forgotten about DeadlyAxemon's personality that boosted DarkKnightmon's cruel cunning mind.
    SkullKnightmon's personality according to the official profile, is all about fighting to win absolutely in his pride yet his battle technique mentions he forgot his pride as he performed this so DarkKnightmon's personality is both of them, DeadlyAxemon's personality may be silent but its action is loud.

Added much better quality art for Impmon X in the news post.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Interestingly DarkKnightmon is Xros evolved of two Digimon ones yet this profile said it's a "single" digimon so weird. I'm sure Xros evolved ones tend to have multiple digimon speaking at once on their bodies right?
    That's a part I was struggling to think of how to write in English; to me the way it's written in Japanese feels like it's specifically referencing this, that DarkKnightmon is originally supposed to be a cross between two Digimon but the power it possesses as a single entity increased and it, as a single entity, reached Ultimate level? I'll think of a way to rewrite it (I don't really like how it's written now either).

Anyway, I realise the profiles of all the Demon Lords except Belphemon have already been translated by Ainz over at Wikimon so I won't be translating those.

Belphemon X-Antibody
    Ultimate/Demon Lord/Virus
    ■X抗体によるベルフェモンのデジコアへの影響
    破壊衝動が増しながら、さらに直感が鋭くなり破壊する対象を見極めて潰していく。敵軍の中で希望となるデジ モンをまず完膚なきまでに倒し、敵全体が持つ希望という心を破壊する。そうして戦意を失ったところを心行く まで叩き潰し、敵軍を壊滅まで追い込む。必殺技は怠惰の冠から力を漲らせ、真紅のエネルギー波を最大出力で 爪から放つ『セブンス・ペネトレート』。
    *The effect on Belphemon's Digicore due to the X-Antibody
    Its destructive impulses have intensified and instincts have sharpened; it will utterly and completely crush those it seeks to destroy. It will first aim for and brutally pulverise the Digimon acting as the beacon of hope for the opposing army, crushing the hopeful hearts of the entire enemy faction. It then continues pounding on the opposing army, which has lost its will to fight, until it is satisfied and has laid waste to the army. Its Special Move is causing its Crown of Sloth to overflow with power, and firing a crimson energy wave from its claws at maximum output (Seventh Penetrate).

Added the rest to the news post.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Junior Commander
    Belphemon X is really interesting, because it seems to specifically focus on a specific aspect of the sin of Sloth. Tristitia, AKA Melancholy or Despair, was originally another deadly sin, but it was grouped together with Sloth because despair (Melancholy) usually leads to apathy/indifference (Sloth). Belphemon X seems to emphasize the Melancholy-aspect of Sloth, by inducing despair and hopelessness in others.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    So basically, Impmon is just a massive chuuni.

Vanishment this world!

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmmon View Post
    [T]o me the way it's written in Japanese feels like it's specifically referencing this, that DarkKnightmon is originally supposed to be a cross between two Digimon but the power it possesses as a single entity increased and it, as a single entity, reached Ultimate level? I'll think of a way to rewrite it (I don't really like how it's written now either).
    I always found it interesting that Dark Knightmon seemed privileged among the numerous different ×roses between Skull Knightmon and Deadly Axemon, and additionally that it was formed in the anime by digi×rosing the already digi×rosed Skull Knightmon Big Axe Mode by itself. How can what is now a single digimon be digi×rosed again, without adding any components? My private head canon has long been that Dark Knightmon is a unique sort of meta-digi×ros that capitalises on the intimacy between Skull Knightmon and Deadly Axemon to allow them to fuse even more perfectly; this could be translated into levels as Skull Knightmon and Deadly Axemon being adults, the various digi×rosed mode changes being perfects, and Dark Knightmon himself being an ultimate. This has bonus effects in that avoids uncomfortable questions about his level once he starts absorbing ultimate-level digimon as in the manga, and it neatens out the evolutionary convergences between Skull Knightmon and other lines (Musō Knightmon, Grey Knightsmon, Shoutmon × 3 SD) if we designate them as super ultimates (which I think we should, following the logic that generally, each new digimon represents a new fusion and thus a new evolutionary level).

Of course there are problems with interpreting the language in this profile that way, since it specifically appears under the section enumerating the effects of the X-antibody, which would seem to imply that he only became an ultimate when exposed to the X-antibody. I’d say there’s no precedent for that, but then, Lucemon X is listed as an ultimate now. Then again, maybe we shouldn’t interpret that too literally: the first line of the profile could just be background. And perhaps Lucemon is only an ultimate now because he’s fundamentally replaced Satan Mode? Who knows.
    Last edited by Seymour Butz; 06-28-2019 at 05:07 AM.

I come from the net
    Oh it's that "lost" translation thingy again? I see. Oh well Take your time. Thanks for the translation.

Even lost the beast appearance, but Belphemon X's instinct and destructive rage boosted so hard to aim specifically to crush "hopes" before it strengthens to make them taste the true despair? Scary. Now that's what the generals do! Make the first move and show them the despair by removing the "hope"!

Yongyokyo's post about this sin being "Sloth" and "Despair" is very interesting. Information is amazing thing to learn.

Junior Commander
    Just make Seraphim on X or Shadow Seraphimon X too. Dude deserves some love.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345