With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New MonMon Memo, Digimon X2 Preview Video, & Reference Book Updates!

Junior Commander
    Very few official profiles ever mention their power-levels in the first place. Not to mention, Lucemon X's profile clearly emphasized how Lucemon X surpasses the old Lucemon in every category (appearance, power, and intelligence), and how he achieved ultimate wisdom and power.

Lucemon X's profile doesn't even really mention Falldown Mode either. It mentions what is specifically relevant to Lucemon X, not FM or SM.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    Very few official profiles ever mention their power-levels in the first place. Not to mention, Lucemon X's profile clearly emphasized how Lucemon X surpasses the old Lucemon in every category (appearance, power, and intelligence), and how he achieved ultimate wisdom and power.

Lucemon X's profile doesn't even really mention Falldown Mode either. It mentions what is specifically relevant to Lucemon X, not FM or SM.
    yeah, but not mentioning satan mode in it is just banal. They not naming it Lucemon Falldown Mode (X Antibody) like how they did with Ophanimon is already a mistake, though.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    It's not a mistake that Lucemon X is an Ultimate-level Digimon. He is an Ultimate Digimon in the Digital Monster X2. DarkKnightmon X is a similar situation, where the X-evolution increased DarkKnightmon's level to Ultimate.

To be fair, all of Lucemon's evolutions are mode changes. Lucemon, Lucemon FM, and Lucemon SM are all still Lucemon. Lucemon X isn't exactly an outlier in the evolution line. Technically, Lucemon X would also be Lucemon SM's X-Antibody counterpart too.
    At least in DarkKnightmon X profile it's explained why it jumped into Ultimate level, but Lucemon X isn't explained at all. If Luce X would also be a part of Lucemon SM, they should've mentioned Satan Mode in the profile.

Also oh geez, the lineup of Digital Monster X2 is pretty messed up tbh
    I mean, they didn't explain why Jesmon X is a Vaccine type, for some reason. Or that Armor Digimon become Champion level when they X-Evolve.

I guess the X-Antibody can just change things now.

And some media has Satan Mode as Super Ultimate, so you could just go Falldown -> X - SatanMode.

Then again, Lucemon X is SU in the X2 anyway.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    It's not a mistake that Lucemon X is an Ultimate-level Digimon. He is an Ultimate Digimon in the Digital Monster X2. DarkKnightmon X is a similar situation, where the X-evolution increased DarkKnightmon's level to Ultimate.

To be fair, all of Lucemon's evolutions are mode changes. Lucemon, Lucemon FM, and Lucemon SM are all still Lucemon. Lucemon X isn't exactly an outlier in the evolution line. Technically, Lucemon X would also be Lucemon SM's X-Antibody counterpart too.
    At least in DarkKnightmon X profile it's explained why it jumped into Ultimate level, but Lucemon X isn't explained at all. If Luce X would also be a part of Lucemon SM, they should've mentioned Satan Mode in the profile.

Also oh geez, the lineup of Digital Monster X2 is pretty messed up tbh
    I mean, they didn't explain why Jesmon X is a Vaccine type, for some reason. Or that Armor Digimon become Champion level when they X-Evolve.

I guess the X-Antibody can just change things now.

And some media has Satan Mode as Super Ultimate, so you could just go Falldown -> X - SatanMode.

Then again, Lucemon X is SU in the X2 anyway.
    1. Jesmon not being explained as a Vaccine is my initial complaint against Bandai staffs' incompetency.
    2. Armor equals to adult level, it's clear in card game, except some special one like Magnamon. They should've also known that for hybrid levels.
    3. Ultimate and Super Ultimate were initially same level. Heck, Lucemon even leaping 2 stages into Falldown mode. I just need explanation why X Antibody can make Lucemon Falldown becoming an Ultimate level. If they can explain it like DarkKnightmon, why not Lucemon?

Junior Commander
    DarkKnightmon X doesn't even really explain anything. It just states that the X-Antibody increased his level to Ultimate. Meanwhile, Lucemon X's profile is several times more descriptive in how the X-Antibody increased Lucemon's power in all areas far beyond his original limits, surpassing even God himself.

I don't understand why you're so hung up on this.

As you've stated, Falldown Mode jumped two stages, yet his official profile mentions nothing about this or about him being Perfect-level. It just states that FM has power that surpasses Ultimate-level and rivals the power of God. You don't have any complaints about FM's profile? Do you draw the line at not explicitly stating a difference in level for yet another "mode change" that explicitly describes how Lucemon X is even stronger than FM and surpasses God instead of formerly rivaling God?

I love Numemon X... Making his teeth more carnivorous looking keeps the tone of having X Digimon be more ferocious than their non-X counterpart, but with the over-the-top X formed by his eye stalks (he's literally cross eyed now), the pink color and small familiars the design has enough weird and silly things to keep the goofy nature of his original design.
    I find it very interesting that Numemon's color changed completely, and it's also a color that hasn't been used for any of the previous Numemon recolors we've had through other subspecies as well as Digimon World 3... If that was indeed on purpose, this gives me a faint hope that they are still aware and keeping track of these recolors and maybe, just maybe they could be reused at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I hope they say those Numemons are baby Numemons called KoNumemon like with KoDokugumon and KoHagurumon, would be pretty neat
    The profile mentions them but they are simply called "small Numemon"

Impmon is a very interesting case, as nothing about his body seems to have structurally changed beyond the recolored eye and all the design alterations limit themselves to modifying/adding to his outfit. I also like how he has an X mark "naturally" formed in his design by the straps on his eyepatch. He's a bit too much of an generic edgelord for me though.

The official artwork depicts Impmon X having a red exposed eye, so it is unknown if the heterochromia was retained, or if both of his eyes are red now.
    If he's ever featured in a game the model might let us take a peak behind that eyepatch to find out...

Cherubimon X is one of my favourites out of the whole batch after Numemon X. I love how he is made to look more artificial and mechanical without completely changing into sci-fi robot territory and how closely his silhouette still reflects his original form, making it very different in its details but somewhat subtle overall. The sphere of dark energy part of his lower body transformed into reminds me of Lucemon SM's Gehenna... I hope that maybe a parallel might be drawn between the two officially at some point.

Ophanimon Falldown Mode X is nice to see especially since I believe it's the first time we got a X form of a mode change that's still recognized as a mode change (as both Lucemon and Belphemon lose their "Mode" classifications after X evolving), but design wise there's nothing actually exciting here. After all the normal Ophanimon FM was already a very detailed design with very elaborate armor... and her X-form just adds a bunch of spikes and calls it a day, and her scythe becoming apparently laser based when it could already be wreathed in flames doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Amandil7 View Post
    Lol I'm convinced they hate Patamon. We get Ophanimon FM and Cherubimon Vice but no Shadow Seraphimon.
    I don't think they particularly hate him, it's just that ShadowSeraphimon is a very obscure Digimon, while Ophanimon FM is not only newer but also gained more prominence through her appearance in tri. recently. She's also one of very few fitting Ultimates for LadyDevimon X whereas there are plenty of generic male type ultimate X Digimon.

I come from the net
    DarkKnightmon X gained a level because of X Antibody's effect. Lucemon X's level moved up because of X Antibody's effect although it lost "Mode".

Pretty cool for X Antibody's effects to affect "Level classification" outside of Digimon bodies/Battle techniques/Additional Weaponry/Adaptions

but I really do question on Ofanimon Falldown Mode X still kept "Falldown Mode" while Lucemon X lost it. Digimon Logic is just too strong.

Junior Commander
    It is important to note that Lucemon FM and Ophanimon FM are completely different circumstances. Ophanimon FM is a distinct variant to the regular Ophanimon. The two can technically be considered to be separate Digimon (like WarGreymon and BlackWarGreymon) and don't necessarily need to be tied together. A Digimon doesn't need to be able to evolve to Ophanimon in order to become Ophanimon FM, just like Tri's Tailmon.

Lucemon FM is not a subspecies to regular Lucemon. Lucemon FM is an evolution of Lucemon; the natural progression of Lucemon, not a variant/subspecies/counterpart. Likewise, Belphemon X doesn't have the Rage Mode tag. Most likely because RM and SM are the same Digimon, not separate subspecies/variants.

Completely digital
    DarkKnightmon X doesn't even really explain anything. It just states that the X-Antibody increased his level to Ultimate. Meanwhile, Lucemon X's profile is several times more descriptive in how the X-Antibody increased Lucemon's power in all areas far beyond his original limits, surpassing even God himself.

I don't understand why you're so hung up on this.

As you've stated, Falldown Mode jumped two stages, yet his official profile mentions nothing about this or about him being Perfect-level. It just states that FM has power that surpasses Ultimate-level and rivals the power of God. You don't have any complaints about FM's profile? Do you draw the line at not explicitly stating a difference in level for yet another "mode change" that explicitly describes how Lucemon X is even stronger than FM and surpasses God instead of formerly rivaling God?
    yes, but jumping two stages isn't anything wrong since there's thing called warp evolution. Gaining X Antibody doesn't increase digimon's stage, except if it's described in the profile regarding the effect of X Antibody possession. Why complaining about Lucemon FM profile if there are many digimon which surpassed the power of same stages, like Lucemon (child) that exceeding Perfect level power or AeroVdramon that can keep fight with even Ultimate level. You remember Arkadimon? It was the same as well. What's the problem with Mode Change if Imperialdramon Paladin Mode (yeah a mode change) is considered super ultimate than the ultimate only fighter mode? Remember Crimson Mode? Blast Mode?

But then I really think that if they want X Antibody being an evolution, they should've named the digimon possessing the X Antibody as a different name, i.e. DinoTigermon as an evolution from SaberLeomon with X Antibody possession or GigaSeadramon from MetalSeadramon.

It is important to note that Lucemon FM and Ophanimon FM are completely different circumstances. Ophanimon FM is a distinct variant to the regular Ophanimon. The two can technically be considered to be separate Digimon (like WarGreymon and BlackWarGreymon) and don't necessarily need to be tied together. A Digimon doesn't need to be able to evolve to Ophanimon in order to become Ophanimon FM, just like Tri's Tailmon.

Lucemon FM is not a subspecies to regular Lucemon. Lucemon FM is an evolution of Lucemon; the natural progression of Lucemon, not a variant/subspecies/counterpart. Likewise, Belphemon X doesn't have the Rage Mode tag. Most likely because RM and SM are the same Digimon, not separate subspecies/variants.
    eh, not really. Ophanimon FM is not a variant of Ophanimon, it's an evolution as well, a dark evolution, just like BlackSeraphimon or ShineGreymon Ruin Mode. Belphemon is another difference, but for Belphemon itself even the naming already included mode change from first "sleep mode vs rage mode" just like imperialdramon "dragon mode vs fighter mode", if one day they named Imperialdramon X based on fighter mode, I don't mind, since there's no Imperialdramon with no mode change name, as well as there's no Belphemon name without Mode Change. Cherubimon is different story since there's 2 variant "Virtue" and "Vice", the Vice one wasn't named Cherubimon Falldown Mode. The Wargrey vs BWargrey case you mentioned is more correspondent with Cherubimon case rather than Ophanimon.

digimon is really inconsistent with its lore, and they don't even try to make it more consistent, geez. I really hate the new Bandai's creative team for digimon
    Last edited by DATS24; 06-26-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Junior Commander
    Your reasonings have a lot of unfair double-standards and/or contradictions.

Even if there are other examples of Warp Evolution, Warp Evolution is not mentioned at all in Lucemon FM's profile. How is that any different from Lucemon X's situation with DarkKnightmon X? It has never been a stated fact that X-Antibody cannot change a Digimon's level; that is an fan-made assumption that just hasn't been disproven until now. Rather, it's been disproven already with Armor Digimon, and now with DarkKnightmon X and Lucemon X. Bandai has proven that they will change an X-Antibody Digimon's level to what is most appropriate to the circumstances.

This isn't about me complaining; this is about your complaints. This isn't even about the inequality of Lucemon's power in relation to its level, so I don't know why you're focusing on that. You are completely missing the point.
    This is about Lucemon's clear and explicit increase in strength from Lucemon > Lucemon FM > Lucemon X. Lucemon has power that surpasses Perfect-level. Lucemon FM has power that surpasses Ultimate-level and rivals God. Lucemon X has power that surpasses Lucemon FM and transcends God.
    There is a clearly defined progression, so what is wrong with a progressing level? Since you evidently have no issues with Lucemon>Lucemon FM when their profiles make no mentions of Lucemon's own level, just his power; why do you have an issue with Lucemon FM>Lucemon X when it does the same thing, doesn't mention his level but clearly mentions his increasing power and strength?

Why are you lecturing me about your own issue? I have absolutely no issues with "mode changes" increasing levels. You evidently do, as Lucemon X is basically a "mode change" to Lucemon FM, as Lucemon FM is to Lucemon. You are being contradictory by bringing up instances where Digimon with the same name, or Digimon that are modes of each other, have various different levels; yet you treat Lucemon X completely different. Lucemon's entire evolution line is about mode changes that increase levels. Why do you have an issue with Lucemon X alone?

You are clearly missing the point with Ophanimon FM too. Yes, Ophanimon FM is a variant of Ophanimon. If you want to be semantic about "dark evolutions," Cherubimon Vice can be a dark evolution of Cherubimon Virtue. After all, Virtue is the original state of Cherubimon, not Vice. Evidently, the Digimon X2 treats them the same, since they're both corrupted Celestial Digimon with new X-Antibodies and they both occupy the same spot in opposing colored versions. All X-Antibodies are technically evolutions too, X-evolutions specifically.
    Not all Ophanimons are capable of falling down. And even among the ones that do, not all of them become Ophanimon FM, as shown by Lilithmon. Neither of them are necessarily stronger than the other; neither of them are natural progressing evolutions of the other. It's just a matter of evil vs good, not Child vs Perfect. Ophanimon can be an independent existence from Ophanimon FM, like Rasielmon is to Raguelmon. It's not a guaranteed that a Digimon that can evolve to Ophanimon, has to evolve to Ophanimon FM too. Likewise, a Digimon can evolve straight to Ophanimon Falldown Mode without evolving to a non-fallen Ophanimon, as shown by Tri.

Expanding on your misused example of ShineGreymon Ruin Mode, it's not a situation of ShineGreymon and ShineGreymon Ruin Mode. It's a situation of ShineGreymon Burst Mode and ShineGreymon Ruin Mode. They are distinct counterparts to each other, not necessarily tied to each other. Yes, Ruin Mode can be a corruption of Burst Mode, and Burst Mode can be a purification of Ruin Mode. However, both can be independent modes that evolve straight from normal ShineGreymon, with no relation to the other mode. That's not the case with Belphemon. Regardless of whether a Digimon evolves to Rage Mode or Sleep Mode, it is always expected to have the other mode too. You can't have one without the other. Likewise, Lucemon doesn't have a non-Falldown Mode Perfect. A Perfect-level Lucemon will always be Lucemon FM.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 06-27-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast