With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Digital Monster X Version 2 Images, Info, and Pre-Order Details! Plus New Digimon!

This is a pretty intense lineup! I'll definitely be pre-ordering these!

Quote Originally Posted by Inpu View Post
    I mean, we do already have both MedievalDukemon and Dukemon X, as well as Gaioumon and BlackWarGreymon X. A MetalSeadramon X wouldn't be totally unprecedented.

As for GigaSeadramon, one of its cardass cards explicitly says it has the X-Antibody.
    Yeah, we know. Thats not the issue. Giga Seadramon has X-Antibody, but it never needed to have it on it's name. There is no normal Giga Seadramon to make a difference putting X-Antibody.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    Giga Seadramon X is almost definitely an oversight. I can tell you right now, Bandai is notorious for making mistakes on their official documentation (there were 4+ that I found in the Evolution requirements for the DMX they released), so this is likely just another mistake.
    I agree. Bandai tends to make this kind of mistakes. Just look at the Dα-547 card from GrandisKuwagamon. He's mispelled as "GrandisKuwagamon X-Antibody".

Going over some general thoughts about the future of these V-Pets... I wonder what "Conclusion" the story of Digimon Chronicle X will reach. I doubt we get many more chapters randomly released since generally the V-pet itself stands in for the big climax of the story.
    The difference this time around however is that normally the more or less implied "story" of the V-pet is you rising a monster that solves the crisis that was outlined in the scenario... but with this V-pet your Digimon kind of IS the crisis meaning that the successful completion of your quest as presented by the V-pet, raising some evil dark area type monster, is in itself not a conclusion but rather a challange/cliffhanger in a traditional Digimon narrative. I mean what will happen once you raise your Ultimate Evil Digimon? Bandai could just release a follow up story where the forces of good do a comeback against evil, and balance prevails and all that but it would somewhat go against the general escapist tamer theme of the V-pet to have some outside narrative simply go "and then your Digimon was eaten by Examon X and everything was good" or something along those lines.
    Another possibility might be them committing to having evil triumph for that story and have the X-antibody culminate in a "bad future" universe while coming profiles will simply be set in the "normal" state of the V-pet lore (just like it seems to already have happened with the original Pen-X scenario as no profiles after the Pendulum X reflected any of the New Digital World depopulation and Terminal shenanigans, nor seemed to take place in a chaotic ruined Old Digital World).
    The third and most ambitious possibility would be that they are planning a third and probably final Digital Monster X V-pet with a story concerned with mopping up the mess created by the events of the wave 2 devices. That would be nice but the problem is that I'm not sure they have enough X Digimon to fill another V-pet. They can create new ones but the 18 we got this time are already an amazing amount when we're considering that this time around we're not in the same situation as we were in 2002/2003 when they were actually pushing X-Digimon to be that big new step and the future of the franchise. That never truly happened and even with all the exposure they are getting now, X-Digimon are still more of a side-attraction and you have to really ask yourselves how much more effort they are willing to spend on more designs for this scenario, so I'm not entirely convinced that a wave 3 is going to happen.
    ...But I kind of hope it does, not just to get more X-Digimon lore but also because it would mean that they would definitely have enough art for a nice X-Digimon centered artbook (I'm not sure if that is quite the case yet with just the first two V-pets).
    I guess there could also be a "normal" and not completely X Digimon Themed V-pet to complete the story but that would be somewhat jarring.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Virus MetalGreymon X-Antibody! Now I have to get one of these. Well played, Bandai.

The horn on his sprite looks a little different, so I wonder if his artwork will end up being more than a simple palette swap.

I come from the net
    Numemon X's appearance is so completely different from his normal form made me suspect... Maybe he bathed so much in poop shower to get that colorful skin? Because this pink color might match to the ironic Digital poop. But... What about that X red orb??

I tried to figure out on why Cherubimon X's appearance looked different. He looks kinda... Puppet-ish because of its legs' "joints" and fingers felt so... Less "flesh".

There is a shared trait among the "Fallen" Archangels, Cherubimon and Ofanimon Falldown Mode X's golden line along with black lines, I doubt it's musical involved? Seraphimon never gets any love :/

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Going over some general thoughts about the future of these V-Pets... I wonder what "Conclusion" the story of Digimon Chronicle X will reach. I doubt we get many more chapters randomly released since generally the V-pet itself stands in for the big climax of the story.
    These would be the perfect climax for a Version 3 to me. Let's get back to the unfinished storyline of the Digivice Ver.15th:
    Yggdrasil gathered the Royal Knights in order to manage the world, and it seems that its will will eventually lead the Royal Knights to cross Servers to the Digital World: Iliad Server and meet the Olympos XII face-to-face.
    Now that the Dark Area may engulf both the Old & New Digital World, I can see a massive migration to the DW: Iliad, so as much as the Olympus XII tend to mantain a neutral position after Homeros' punishment, I'm pretty sure they will have something to say.

Red shirt
    I realized that Cherubimon Evil and Numemon were on that X-Antibody voting... Now I'm curious if Chuumon X and Wizardmon X will see fruition... Or not, I don't know..

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by DPTronazel View Post
    I realized that Cherubimon Evil and Numemon were on that X-Antibody voting... Now I'm curious if Chuumon X and Wizardmon X will see fruition... Or not, I don't know..
    the interesting thing is that those two and a few of the demon lords were the only ones on that list, meaning that most of these X forms have probably been planned for quite a while. So I guess Crusadermon and Minervamon might not have ended up with X forms after all

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    Minervamon probably wouldn't have, but I can't believe they weren't already planning to do all the rest of the Royal Knights.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast