With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Original v-pet hunger escalation?

Ain't got no mojo...

Original v-pet hunger escalation?

I'm raising an Andromon on the original (Japanese) V-Pet version 3 right now. At 24, its stomach would hit empty every 30 minutes. At 25, that reduced to 15. Today it turned 26 and it's beeping every 12 minutes. Anyone have experience with these and already know what happens next? Is there a minimum length or will it just continue to reduce until it is constantly beeping?

This is a bit pointless, but I'm curious and don't know if I will be able to keep it alive at this rate long enough to find out. Couldn't find any info about this online, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by fancytimes; 06-24-2019 at 03:09 PM. Reason: data correction

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    I've never paid attention to this personally, but I look forward to seeing what you find out! For real though, how on earth are you THAT on top of it!?!
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

Ain't got no mojo...
    I posted too soon apparently, day 27 stayed at the previous day's 12 minute alert cycle. Based on how fast its metabolism accelerated only to grind to a halt, I'm guessing this is the lowest it will go.

Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    For real though, how on earth are you THAT on top of it!?!
    A crippling attachment to inanimate objects. I'm not proud.

ERROR::DaiTigris.Location could not be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by fancytimes View Post
    I posted too soon apparently, day 27 stayed at the previous day's 12 minute alert cycle. Based on how fast its metabolism accelerated only to grind to a halt, I'm guessing this is the lowest it will go.

Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    For real though, how on earth are you THAT on top of it!?!
    A crippling attachment to inanimate objects. I'm not proud.
    Hey we all know that feeling, kudos to keeping them alive. Otherwise this is pretty cool and I hope to hear if you find out more about this mechanic.

I come from the net
    IIRC it does stop at 3 minutes per heart, so would be 12 minutes for 4 hearts. I guess you're not overfeeding? - though I forgot what happens if you do.

Also, was it perfectly regular at 30 minutes? I thought it still had some random variation around there.

It dies after 5 care mistakes. Not sure whether it can also die without care mistakes.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by BladeSabre View Post
    Also, was it perfectly regular at 30 minutes? I thought it still had some random variation around there.
    You're right, but I forgot what exactly it was. I just remember it being a few minutes off of 30, but I didn't stop to count the minutes exactly until things started getting really hectic.

I'll update if anything unusual happens.