With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Chronicle Update- Chapter 9!

Digimon Chronicle Update- Chapter 9!

New Chapter!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

After a few days wait it's time for the next chapter of Digimon Chronicle X!

But first, for those who need a catch up...

Chapters 1 and 2 in English can be found here.
    Chapters 3 and 4 in English can be found here.
    Chapters 5 and 6 in English can be found here.
    Chapter 7 in English can be found here.
    Chapter 8 in English can be found here.

Here's a quicky translation for now. Translation of the new chapter will be updated shortly.

Chapter 9- Conspiracy

As the Seven Great Demon Lords gained X-evolution one after another, the evil Digimon who were waiting in the dark area began to move in unison to escape it. With that at hand, Lucemon: Falldown Mode smiled, as he was overlooked in that confusion.

The confusion in the Dark Area was a feast for Lucemon. And he took advantage of it, and believed this would be the path to achieve destruction of the entire digital world, an evil wish for sure. Lucemon felt it was necessary to expand this confusion by making sure all the Seven Great Demon Lords X-Evolved. In order to do so it gained X-Evolution for itself and began to plan it's next measure.

It added Beelzebumon X to the battles at hand, and planned for the awakening of Belphemon and Leviamon, the Seven Great Demon Lords who are still sleeping.
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the defeat of Examon at the entrance to the Dark Area thanks to Lilithmon X, it's increased the impetus to invade the old digital world. A dark gate appeared in front of Craniummon X and Sleimon X, who were late due to being near the center of the explosion.

The X-Evolved Leviamon X and Belphemon X, who had been awakened by Lucemon X's guiding hand struck out. These Demon Lords, who had found the Royal Knights, joined those there, and the Seven Great Demon Lords showed their overwhelming power.

Cranniumon X was forced to struggle against the might in front of him, and one after another evil Digimon were able to break through.
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

We already have seen these new X Great Demon Lords, but getting the plot behind it is fun, especially the imagery of the 2 often sleeping ones lashing out.

Chapter 10 is coming tomorrow!

More to come!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    Ah good, that demonic wings are still there on Lucemon X in full pic! I thought I was told SGDL doesn't work together in its special group but Lucemon X actually handed X Antibodies to Leviamon and Belphemon and woke them up just to ensure even more chaotic to spread.

Odd only Craniumon X was mentioned struggling but no mention of Sleipmon X? At least they could add more summaries....

But damn, Leviamon X got three tails. I thought it was some kind of octopus limbs but nope. Dat creepy split jaw! Leviamon X is sure amazing to look at.

So Belphemon X wears giant gauntlets for all limbs. Sadly I admit, I still like the normal one.

Leviamon X is definitely the kind of overkill design that the X antibody 'mons need. Belphemon X is practically a model of restraint, but I like the clean lines. Story is great, keep it coming.

I never cared about the original Leviamon ar all but think Leviamon X might be my favourite Digimon in years. It's the most monstrous/kaiju Digimon we've had in a long time. It's funny how Asmaria keeps adding new X antibody crystal colors too, DarkKnightmon had the same colors.
    Last edited by flintlock; 06-23-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Dunno how I forgot about these over the last week or so, but it was a fun catch up! My poor guy Examon just needs to get back up and go spiky to fix this. My guess is that the next part is just Omegamon showing up and smacking them around a bit, though.

Hm, even after getting a clearer picture I'm still not a fan of Belphemon X's design, it still feels lacking when compared to the original form. On the other hand Leviamon X made good use of the X form, the monstrous vibe it's giving off in the new design is a great evolution of its original form.

Loving the story so far, the escalation of the Demon Lords' threat has been fun to follow.

No big reveals about the design of Lucemon X, since all that was missing from previous images were just the wings. Itís a nice design overall, not too spiky but with lots of general detail.
    Also with all that white and gold he could almost pass as a God grade Appmon.

I love Leviamon XÖ Every single feature being exaggerated to the extreme while also having a nice sense of symmetry about it makes for an incredible design. Iím hoping that we get nice high res versions of those artworks at some point (and no, smudgy waifu2X upscales donít count)... maybe theyíll get put up on the Digimon twitter when the story ends?

Belphemon X is a bit of a weaker designÖ lots of presumably dangerous looking spikes that upon closer inspection reveal themselves to be mostly useless if not completely impractical. The midsection got the biggest overhaul but alas the Face-chest design is kind of an old hat by now, so itís not scoring big there either. It goes an extra step by having the lower jaw not actually connected to the upper one (at least thatís how it looks from the current angle) but the question remains of his abilities will take advantage of this designÖ Will he be able to turn his two halves 360 degrees? Could he spin his upper part like a helicopter to slice things up with his claws, or perhaps fly that way instead of using his wings?
    Or could he completely detach his legs and manage a solo pincer attack on opponents by flying around them and attacking them with his arm claws while his legs run around by themselves and kick them? At least that way his design could be made somewhat fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartz View Post
    Hm, even after getting a clearer picture I'm still not a fan of Belphemon X's design, it still feels lacking when compared to the original form. On the other hand Leviamon X made good use of the X form, the monstrous vibe it's giving off in the new design is a great evolution of its original form.

Loving the story so far, the escalation of the Demon Lords' threat has been fun to follow.
    Maybe because how underwhelming Belphemon X is compared to the other SGDL's X form. It's silhouette doesn't give that 'menacing' or 'enraged' feel compared to the original form. And I think it's design is much closer to Demon Super Ultimate from the V-1 Tamer manga. Maybe due to it's pose?

Add Grovyle48 on DeviantArt
    I can't say I'm a huge fan of the X-Antibody designs, but the fact that we're getting new Digimon designs at all I suppose is good.
    My Royal Knights stories:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7922349/...Shining-Armour
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10931005/1/Holy-War

Holy War Chapter 42 is posted.
    In it, the Royal Knights' war against the Seven Great Demon Lords is now in full swing.

My Story blog:
    http://adragoninshiningarmour.tumblr.com/

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    Love Lucemon's wings! His face being white and with that X makes him look like he has awful wrestler paint on, that's my only criticism.

Leviamon looks terrifying and cringe inducing (as he should be). Love the multiple tails. Imagine a digi of his size being able to fly, he looks like he just ate examon and dynasmon x for breakfast!

I prefer the original Belphemon design to this "upgrade". There's nothing noteworthy about it, wish the Claws emanated emerald green light like the og instead of the red. All in all it's fine just not as impressive as the rest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast