With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Digimon with two different levels?

Follow Laasko On Twitter

One Digimon with two different levels?

ITS THEORY TIME

I want to write my own fan fiction and so I searched for good Evolution lines and Partners for my seven Kids. But then I noticed something strange. According to different sources a few Digimon are on two different levels?
    Just like Whamon. Whamon is a Champion Digimon, but also a Perfect?
    But thatís not all. Piemon, Minotaurmon also has this faith.

Whatís your theory? Is there anything explained?
    Is it possible that levels donít have clear lines, like we used to know?
    Does any Ultimate/perfect Level digimon habe the possibility to be also a Perfect/champion?

Nah, they're rather exceptions that appeared here and there rather than a rule. Not to mention that some Digimons without a level (mostly from Xros Wars, or Hybrids and Armour) in some media got a level, and not always it was accurate (according to their power). And you forgot Rapidmon.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

I come from the net
    Whamon is Adult level because it lives in the File Island. Outside of File Island have harsher environments therefore Whamon adapted to Perfect level although it still have same appearance.

Minotaurmon's level is Perfect according to the japanese card of his. I think English version had its wrong level and that was why he was viewed as "Champion" level by digi-fans mostly.

Besides Levels, there are few certain Digimon ones with multiple Attributes.... Like Dobermon.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Minotaurmon has been both levels. Itís not just an English mistake.

A lot of older Ultimate Digimon have also been Perfect, since some of the older video games didnít go beyond that level. There are also other oddities in old games. Ebidramon, Shakomon, and Mechanorimon were all Perfect level in their debut on Sega Saturn. There are other examples as well.

Follow Laasko On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    And you forgot Rapidmon.
    Rapidmon is strange tho.. adult, armor AND perfect XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Besides Levels, there are few certain Digimon ones with multiple Attributes.... Like Dobermon.
    True.. could it be that Digimon have different stats according where they live?
    Like these birds Paridae, which are basically the same but there appearance is a bit different, to survive trough isolation and selection.

Like whamon needed to be stronger in the ocean
    And Dobermon needed to change the attribute?

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Yeah Minotarumon was of several Perfect level Digimon that had their level changed over time, specifically it became an Adult as shown in the Digimon Reference Book hence why fans acknowledge it as an Adult rather than a Perfect.

And by the by, the English card game did have the Perfect level Minotarumon card as well:
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 06-23-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Follow Laasko On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    A lot of older Ultimate Digimon have also been Perfect, since some of the older video games didnít go beyond that level.
    But the producer never gave a explanation why, or did I missed something? Itís definitely nice to know if the level is just some construction to measure strength (then Angemon should be perfect, since it is strong like a perfect lvl) or is it a level just like in POKťMON?

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    There are also other oddities in old games. Shakomon [was] Perfect level in [its] debut on Sega Saturn.
    Why would they made a Perfect lvl digimon to a Child?

I come from the net
    What. Minotarumon's level was shown as Adult in DIGIMON REFERENCE BOOK? I didn't know that. How interesting.

Dobermon's original Attribute is Virus. Its current Attribute is Vaccine that is actually mutation under unknown causes.

Digimon Reference books will tell you their whole lore. I wish Wikimon update a new section for this case; multiple Level/Attributes.

At few times I always kept mistaking few certain ones for assuming their Attributes haha... Like Xuanwumon, Tankmon, Junomon, etc....

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Most of them are from before Mega existed, leading to some Digimon being bumped up by one, and some being bumped down by one.

Then you have that PS1 card game that made everything Mega as an Ultimate instead. Even something like Omnimon.

Most are consitent with what level they are now a days, though there's still a few outliners now and then, such as GoldNumemon being a Champion in most appearances but sometimes he'll be a Mega.

and then you have the fact each branch of the franchise will randomly assign Xros/Hybird Digimon random levels.

Oh and the Korean games sure like to put multiple of the same Digimon and give them all four levels lol. EG, Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, and Mega Shoutmon who turn into each other lol

mostly though, it's early instalment weirdness, before everything was fully fleshed out.

Although technically, the Whamons are actually two different Digimon. Glad they've not done that more than once though lol. Wikimon has Minotaurmon with two different species, but the Ultimate one has been missing for like 15 years, so I just count it as starting Ultimate and dropping to Champion

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    @Laasko: Thereís no official explanation for things like Shakomon. Probably they just needed a Child-level Virus Digimon for Deep Savers and figured they could use Shakomon because it looked the part.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast