With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Adventure 20th & Tower Records Cafe Collaboration in July! Menu & Exclusive Products!

Adventure 20th & Tower Records Cafe Collaboration in July! Menu & Exclusive Products!

Time for another collaboration event!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

After being announced months ago and further teased in the most recent V-Jump, it's finally time for the Digimon Adventure 20th Tower Records Collaboration!

To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Digimon Adventure Tower Records will do a special event that includes a cafe and exclusive products!

The keyart for the collaboration features the 8 partner Digimon in Tower Records themed band outfits playing musical instruments and looks quite cute.

Let's start with the cafe.

The cafe will be at Tower Records Cafe Omotesando. It's on the 2nd floor of the Imon Harajuku Building in Shibuya.

The cafe will run July 13th thru July 31st with 2 distinct periods.
    1st period- July 13th thru 21st
    2nd period- July 22nd thru July 31st

In store at the cafe there will be decorations including drawings of all 16 characters, and blank notes that fans can freely use to write messages, draw, etc. anything about Digimon.

As for the menu... (they don't detail the food, so I'm doing writeups based on what it appears to be, but I may be off. If they update with detailed food intro we will update.)

The food for both periods will be...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Agumon Meat Stew for 1,450 yen. A meat and veggie stew with the rice in a familiar friendly shape.

Gabumon Tongari Hamburger for 1,450 yen. A burger and fry combo where the burger has a few Gabumon friendly shapes in it.

Then we have sweets for the 1st period...

Tailmon's Holy Ring Bagel Sandwich is 1,200 yen. It's a bagel with what appears to be a sweet whipped cream and berries on it.

Palmon and Piyomon Cake Plate is 1,200 yen. You get two small cakes with this one. The palmon one appears to be soft, and likely matcha flavored, while the Piyomon one looks to be a fruit flavored cream built around crisp cookies and fruit, with shiny candies sprinkled on top.

Sweets for the 2nd period...

Patamon's Orange Parfait is 1,200 yen. An orange parfait with various sweets and a 20th Anniversary flag planted on top.

Tentomon and Gomamon Sweets Plate is 1,200 yen. The gomamon treat looks to be a cake (possibly sesame flavored) with a berry flavored sauce. The Tentomon treat is a scoop of ice cream with mint and chocolate placed for a great appearance.

Then we have drinks!

First for both periods...

A collaboration latte for 700 yen. A basic latte where you can choose either a 20th logo or Agumon design.

There will also be a collaboration soda drink for 800 yen. There is no photo of it at the moment, but it is described as melon soda, cherries, yellow peach, and a 20th anniversary flag. The intention looks to be to mix the colors of the 20th logo and the Towe Records colors.

Additional drinks for the 1st period, which are all 700 yen.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Taichi and Agumon Pineapple Juice- Manjo Juice and star shaped nata de coco.

Takeru and Patamon Mango Juice- Pineapple juice, kiwi pieces, and mint. (I suspect they mixed ups ome of the Taichi/Takeru stuff, will check later to see if they change anything.)

Koushiro and Tentomon Pomegranite Soda- Grenadine syrup, carbonated water, and mixed berries.

Jou and Gomamon Grape Calpis- Calpis, grape syrup, and an orance slice.

Additional drinks for the 2nd period, also all 700 yen.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Yamato and Gabumon Blue Ramune- Blue curacao, cider, and a lemon slice.

Hikari and Tailmon Grapefruit Juice- Grapefruit juice, pink grapefruit syrup, and mixed berries.

Mimi and Palmon Matcha Milk- Matcha Syrup, milk, whipped cream, and an edible flower.

Sora and Piyomon Strawberry Calpis- Strawberry syrup, calpis, whipped cream, and colored sugar.

Before we get to products, bonus items for those going to the cafe...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Character postcards. You get one per visit based on the period you visit in.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Postcard for 3 piece menu set. If you order a food, a sweet, and a drink from the Digimon 20th menu you get a bonus postcard. The one you get is based on which period you visit in.

Time for the products!

Collaboration goods will be available July 13th at the Tower Records Cafe Omotesando. Tower Records Shinjuku will also have the products, along with the Tower Records Online store. In fact, the items are already available at the online store to pre-order!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This clear file features the new art, along with the slogan for Tower Records- No Music, No Life. It costs 400 yen.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Acrylic keychains featuring the new art! These are 800 yen each.
    Agumon, Piyomon, Gabumon, Tentomon, Palmon, Gomamon, Patamon, Tailmon

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Pins! A lot of people like to collect pins, so I'm guessing these will be popular. These are 600 yen each.
    Agumon, Piyomon, Gabumon, Tentomon, Palmon, Gomamon, Patamon, Tailmon

And the last item...

An acrylic replica of a gold record featuring themeing based on the 20th Anniversary and Tower Records. the frame itself includes character lineart that is hard to see in the photo. The character pins can also click into it. It costs 4,500 yen. It measures roughly 8.2 x 11.7 inches.

Some nice looking stuff, and it'll be interesting to see if anything else pops up (it feels like very often the cafes hold stuff back to announce later.) A favorite of mine is how the drumsticks have been strapped to Tentomon.

Update- Replaced a good percentage of the images above with significantly better ones.

I 'think' Tower Records Japan ships overseas, but with specialty items you can't be sure until someone orders. Just in case, here are the standard intermediary instructions.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... KoreeluStromboli's Avatar
    Follow KoreeluStromboli On Twitter Visit KoreeluStromboli's Youtube Channel Add KoreeluStromboli on DeviantArt
    The food and drinks of the Digimon Adventure × Tower Records café look great.

I'm gonna have to check out this café's offerings since I'll be in "town" around the second period.

Tower Japan's official website has FAQ sections for overseas customers.

See http://faq.tower.jp/category/show/142 for English.

Another thing I've noticed is that there seems to be an intermediary that has a service for ordering from Tower Japan called Buyee.

I don't know if Buyee is officially connected with Tower Japan or not but I always notice a banner ad of their service when I check out tower.jp .
    Last edited by KoushiroIZZYIzumi; 06-22-2019 at 01:22 AM.

I come from the net
    Well this is just great. Cute, some nice food/drink, and it's kind of cool to see.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Damn, i'm trying to get a pre-order for the pins and the record. Nippon-Yasan said they can't, and From Japan can't seem to get it either