With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Chronicle X Update- Chapter 7, New Digimon, Another Teaser

Junior Commander
    So this time, the only one who actually wants a real defeat is me. Examon was defeated, still 11 RKs and one god to go. If RKs are gonna revive or X evolve after they are defeated, there would be nothing to be interested in. No casualties from the good guys makes the plot boring and repetitive. So Examon, be a good guy and go for good. You were a great RK who bravely rushed to the dark area and tried your best to stop the rampage. It's not your fault that one of the seven great lords was behind the final attack. So die please. RIP dear Examon, the brave. Don't kill Lilithmon X's hype for no reason. Thanks huge RK.
    Last edited by Libra; 06-20-2019 at 06:15 AM.

No Examon!

Hopefully he'll get an X form soon so he can get his payback, though I'm curious how they'll handle the design of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    So this time, the only one who actually wants a real defeat is me. Examon was defeated, still 11 RKs and one god to go. If RKs are gonna revive or X evolve after they are defeated, there would be nothing to be interested in. No casualties from the good guys makes the plot boring and repetitive.
    It doesn't really matter because the plot... isn't really a plot. It's not like any of the Royal Knights have character arcs or could be called characters in the context of this in the first place. It's not meant to be a polished narrative, just a general scenario of "shit is going down" to make people excited for the new V-Pet. It's likely that there won't even be much of a resolution besides some super final clash that your V-pet Digimon is implied to win.

Basically treating it as an actual narrative like a manga or anime is... just kind of expecting too much.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    It doesn't really matter because the plot... isn't really a plot. It's not like any of the Royal Knights have character arcs or could be called characters in the context of this in the first place. It's not meant to be a polished narrative, just a general scenario of "shit is going down" to make people excited for the new V-Pet. It's likely that there won't even be much of a resolution besides some super final clash that your V-pet Digimon is implied to win.

Basically treating it as an actual narrative like a manga or anime is... just kind of expecting too much.
    It's exacly as you said. My bad, it was such a good written story that I completely forgot it's true purpose. It's way more better than the whole Adventure Tri shit, they should make a full plot of it in the form of a manga or anime. Thanks for reminding me bro.

Junior Commander
    Love everything about Lilithmon X, except maybe the shoes, but they work to emulate the small legs of a butterfly

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    So if I'm understanding correctly, GranDracmon is killing Digimon and forcing them to undergo Death-X Evolution, then sends to the Dark Area - which Lilithmon then uses in her army to break free of said Dark Area, after which Lucemon plans to make the other 6 his minions, murder the Royal Knights, and then end the entire Digimon Mutliverse? (since it said it want to end all Digital Worlds). that's pretty crazy if so

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    So if I'm understanding correctly, GranDracmon is killing Digimon and forcing them to undergo Death-X Evolution, then sends to the Dark Area - which Lilithmon then uses in her army to break free of said Dark Area, after which Lucemon plans to make the other 6 his minions, murder the Royal Knights, and then end the entire Digimon Mutliverse? (since it said it want to end all Digital Worlds). that's pretty crazy if so
    There really isn't anything multiversal going on. That would imply that other parts of the franchise could be influenced by those events, which ...let's not kid ourselves, they won't.
    And of course.. Lucemon's blurb about wanting to end "all Digital Worlds" doesn't automatically signify anything multiversal in the overall franchise canon sense since in the current universe alone there are multiple Digital Worlds. So "all Digital Worlds" probably just means all Digital Worlds that have been established in that particular profile continuity/universe, which would be the Old Digital World, the New Digital World, Digital World Illiad, Witchenly, wherever Nanimon and Parrotmon come from etc.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    There really isn't anything multiversal going on. That would imply that other parts of the franchise could be influenced by those events, which ...let's not kid ourselves, they won't.
    And of course.. Lucemon's blurb about wanting to end "all Digital Worlds" doesn't automatically signify anything multiversal in the overall franchise canon sense since in the current universe alone there are multiple Digital Worlds. So "all Digital Worlds" probably just means all Digital Worlds that have been established in that particular profile continuity/universe, which would be the Old Digital World, the New Digital World, Digital World Illiad, Witchenly, wherever Nanimon and Parrotmon come from etc.
    Maybe, but it wouldn't be the first time this has been stated recently. Cyber Sleuth states that killing a Demon Lord makes the DLs in other universes stronger, and in Next Order, Alter-B wants to destroy all Digital Worlds so that he can merge them all together and rule it.

In both games, we have multiple alternate universes cross over, with Dawn/Dusk (sayo)+Cyber+ReDigitize (Rina+Mirei)+World 1 (Mameo)+Next Order+Adventure (meicoomon) all crossing over combined in both games, which likely means part of Alter-B's plan is to destroy those universes DWs+others. each are stated to be from other universes and the fact that killing a demon lord powers up all other demon lords in other universes is already multiversal stuff, so when aiba kills the 7 demon lords in cyber sleuth, all over demon lords get more powerful based on DSCS's lore. (and two sets of different universes SGDLs are killed in this quest thanks cyber sleuth lol)

So they wont actually be effected, but it does imply they would be if lucemon is actually successful with his plan.

I mean, we can't count cyber sleuth lore for all of the franchise I guess, but the way I'm seeing is that lucemon wants to take out the entire digimon multiverse here

but your point is an interesting one about stuff like Witchelny

I come from the net The Chaos Entity's Avatar
    Maybe, but it wouldn't be the first time this has been stated recently. Cyber Sleuth states that killing a Demon Lord makes the DLs in other universes stronger, and in Next Order, Alter-B wants to destroy all Digital Worlds so that he can merge them all together and rule it.

In both games, we have multiple alternate universes cross over, with Dawn/Dusk (sayo)+Cyber+ReDigitize (Rina+Mirei)+World 1 (Mameo)+Next Order+Adventure (meicoomon) all crossing over combined in both games, which likely means part of Alter-B's plan is to destroy those universes DWs+others. each are stated to be from other universes and the fact that killing a demon lord powers up all other demon lords in other universes is already multiversal stuff, so when aiba kills the 7 demon lords in cyber sleuth, all over demon lords get more powerful based on DSCS's lore. (and two sets of different universes SGDLs are killed in this quest thanks cyber sleuth lol)

So they wont actually be effected, but it does imply they would be if lucemon is actually successful with his plan.

I mean, we can't count cyber sleuth lore for all of the franchise I guess, but the way I'm seeing is that lucemon wants to take out the entire digimon multiverse here

but your point is an interesting one about stuff like Witchelny
    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World: Next 0rder are big-budget video games that were readily available not only throughout Japan,but across the world.
    Digimon Chronicle X is a marketing campaign for the Digital Monster X Virtual Pets, which are online-order only. They aren't even remotely comparable.

I think that's Theigno's point.
    This is just a note to say that I'm on the Autism Spectrum (Annoyingly, I was never told whether it was 'just' high-functioning autism, or Asperger's syndrome), so if I don't make sense, or am incoherent, please ask what it is I mean politely. Thank you~

Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    I mean, it doesnt matter whether or not Lucemon X Antibody plans to destroy the entire Digimon Omniverse or just a universe. Hes not going to succeed and the other universes wont be effected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast