With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digital Monster X Version 2 Announced, Pre-Orders and Details Next Week

Digital Monster X Version 2 Announced, Pre-Orders and Details Next Week

To the surprise of no one...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Bandai has announced the Digital Monster X Version 2!

Pre-orders will begin June 26th, plus more details! For now we know they will be 3,850 yen each.

From the imagery we have, we can tell there will be a big focus on the Seven Great Demon Lords.

The Red appears to be themed on the new Demon X, who can be seen behind it in the promo image, while the Purple is themed on Lucemon Falldown Mode X (maybe no Falldown Mode in the name?)

While it isn't shown on the page, Bandai put up another image of the V-Pets without the various imagery around it.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The background image appears to be the spiral shot of the Dark Area shown from Digimon Chronicle X Part 6.

Much more to come soon!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Is it just me or does Daemon X look kinda like Daemon Super Ultimate? Lucemon on the other hand looks like Satan from Devilman, even more so than the original.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 06-19-2019 at 06:48 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    Freaking stoked! This likely means a Deep Saver will actually be raisable this time haha. Looking forward to seeing Leviamon X!!
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Demon X and Lucemon X look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Is it just me or does Daemon X look kinda like Daemon Supiter Ultimate?
    Considering Beelzebumon X looks a lot like Blast Mode, it's not surprising.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I'm a Maniac
    Out of curiosity Have the original X devices been tinkered with and found to have wave 2 already programmed in?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Makes me wonder what level Lucemon will be since Satan Mode exists. and also whether Daemon will be claimed to be SU level.

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    They have been, and there was no monster data programmed for a wave 2 release. This led me to believe that there wouldn't be a wave 2, but here we are.
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

Junior Commander
    Lucemon X definitely reminds me of some anime-style angel designs.

Demon X is just giving off a completely different vibe from the original.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Is it just me or does Daemon X look kinda like Daemon Super Ultimate?
    Considering Beelzebumon X looks a lot like Blast Mode, it's not surprising.
    Oh I'm not surprised that would want to give themselves a way to use the Super Ultimate form without the legal issues of V-Tamers, I'm more impressed by how well they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    Lucemon X definitely reminds me of some anime-style angel designs.
    To be fair like other Digimon from Frontier (specifically Shutumon and Calmaramon), Lucemon already has a Devilman vibe so X is just taking that vibe to the next level.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 06-21-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    They have been, and there was no monster data programmed for a wave 2 release. This led me to believe that there wouldn't be a wave 2, but here we are.
    I wouldn't really count this as a wave 2 to be honest.

The 'wave 2' devices have generally been identical with a minimal egg swap. The framing of this comes across more as a 'new' V-Pet, simply using the same framing as the prior one.

Oh I'm not surprised that would want to give themselves a way to use the Super Ultimate form without the legal issues of V-Tamers, I'm more impressed by how well they did it.
    There has never been any evidence there is any legal issue regarding Bandai, Toei, etc. using V-Tamer related content (frankly, we have plenty of proof there is none.) Fans just couldn't accept that a licensee had simply not got approval to do something from Bandai, and Bandai slapped them down. That some people continue to decide on their own that there is an issue doesn't change that there has never been evidence of any such thing (moreso when you consider just how often things designed for V-Tamer show up in the franchise, it's somewhat laughable.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast