With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digital Monster X Version 2 Announced, Pre-Orders and Details Next Week

!!!..I should've seen this coming...

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    Rather than actually being holier, it's most likely a case of a false appearance of appearing holy. It's a common concept: the prideful fallen angel takes on the appearance that best represents their peak. It caters to the Vanity side of Pride.
    Ahh I like it. I suppose that should make sense, Lucemon X's Silver "Holy Ring" or rather pseudo Holy ring better be fake Holy. I hope.

I haven't been too big on some of the recent X variants lately, except Lord Knightmon and Diablomon who are just excellent, but I really like how all the X-antibody Demon Lords look so far. I was so worried Lilithmon was gonna turn out like Sakuyamon or Belle Starrmon, but she actually looks great! I love the wings and the eyes on the furisode sleeves! It's always ironic to me though that the Lust Demon Goddess is still one of the most modestly dressed 'womons.

Also, it's safe pretty safe to assume that Examon and Gankoomon are going to get their own X forms sooner or later, right?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel View Post
    I haven't been too big on some of the recent X variants lately, except Lord Knightmon and Diablomon who are just excellent, but I really like how all the X-antibody Demon Lords look so far. I was so worried Lilithmon was gonna turn out like Sakuyamon or Belle Starrmon, but she actually looks great! I love the wings and the eyes on the furisode sleeves! It's always ironic to me though that the Lust Demon Goddess is still one of the most modestly dressed 'womons.

Also, it's safe pretty safe to assume that Examon and Gankoomon are going to get their own X forms sooner or later, right?
    I reckon Examon might get a "Death-X" form, since Lilithmon kicked his ass and he is probably stuck in the Dark Area now. Would be a good twist and interesting to bring it back after specficlaly mentioning death x in the story

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    To be fair like other Digimon from Frontier (specifically Shutumon and Calmaramon), Lucemon already have a Devilman vibe so X is just taking that vibe to the next level.
    Oh my god. Cannot unseen.

Lucemon Satan Mode's "Halo"? Honestly he is clearly dragon to me. But I think you are right. Fallen Angel Dragon it is. However "Larva" is something most insects are usually viewed as "Vile" in some spiritual fictions. I always wonder what's up with the insect form in Lucemon "Larva", what kind of that inspiration or what purpose for that appearance?

Junior Commander
    Larva doesn't mean insect. Larva is referring to an infant stage, perhaps the fetal stage. Lucemon Larva is some sort of angelic fetus, possibly symbolizing a newborn evil god or possibly demonizing Lucemon's origin as a pure child.

Think of it as something like Pitchmon, or for a closer example, NEO's fetal stage in Digimon Next. For a non-Digimon example, search up the angel named "Victim" from the anime/light novel, Overlord.

In Christian biblical legends, the "Dragon" is synonymous with Satan, the Devil.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 06-21-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Junior Commander
    OH YES!!! Iím so hyped! This is a mind blowing pleasant surprise!!! Sooo going to be picking up both, maybe even a second demon X one too. Wow Iím ecstatic! Lucemon X looks cool but DEMON X! My boy Demon finally gets some love and respect after all these years! About damn time!

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    Larva doesn't mean insect. Larva is referring to an infant stage, perhaps the fetal stage. Lucemon Larva is some sort of angelic fetus, possibly symbolizing a newborn evil god or possibly demonizing Lucemon's origin as a pure child.

Think of it as something like Pitchmon, or for a closer example, NEO's fetal stage in Digimon Next. For a non-Digimon example, search up the angel named "Victim" from the anime/light novel, Overlord.

In Christian biblical legends, the "Dragon" is synonymous with Satan, the Devil.
    Oh nice info. I know that "Victim". Hmm maybe one day Digimon twitter will tell us about Lucemon Larva for more information...

Ain't got no mojo...
    Dude super stoked I've been waiting for these!

Deleted posts that veered utterly off topic.

If you're going to make an argument and your argument is basically 'you should know this because Youtuber or blogger x talked about it' with no real discussion, rethink your post.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast