With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Chronicle X- Chapters 5 and 6, Plus More!

Digimon Chronicle X- Chapters 5 and 6, Plus More!

It's been awhile since we got one of these...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

After a significant wait (with a number of teasers to hold us off), Bandai has finally updated Digimon Chronicle X!

Chapters 1 and 2 in English can be found here.
    Chapters 3 and 4 in English can be found here.

First, a translation of the comic page above...

Top right- Request for help! Request for help!
    Bottom right- This is the dark area!
    Top left- The battle royal has finally been finished...
    Bottom left- Let's hear what the winner thinks for the future of this world...

Before the new chapters, Bandai also tweeted that they opened a few new pages on the X-Evolution related subsite.

The pages don't have any real new information, but the pages being added at all are certainly a tease:
    An introduction page to the Royal Knights.
    An introduction page to the Seven Great Demon Lords.

Both simply give a short overview of the group, while also allowing you to read the reference book profiles for the various Digimon.

With the Seven Great Demon Lords getting recent story content explaining what they were doing during the timeframe of the Digital Monster X, it makes them getting a page even more relevant.

Onto the new chapters!

Update- Translations for Chapter 5 and 6 replaced with ones from onkei.

Chapter 5- GrandDracmon
    GrandDracmon plans to make all Digimon undergo Death X-evolution.

He appears in the old Digital World and makes all of the Digimon he defeats Death X-evolve before sending them to the Dark Area.
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

Through a battle royale system, where strong Digimon may be attacked consecutively without them becoming subordinate, the last Digimon that survives (the Digimon you raised in Black & White) becomes sealed in the Dark Area as a last act of defiance against GrandDracmon and his immortal body.

However, by creating the Dark Area and appearing in the old Digital World, GrandDracmon's actions have an affect on the boundary between the old Digital World and the Dark Area. Some of the Seven Demon Lords sensed this and saw this opening as a chance for achieving their own goals...

Chapter 6- Dark Area
    In the Digital World, there exists a netherworld area called "Dark Area," where Digimon who've reached the end of their life or are defeated in battle are sent to.

Unlike the surface area of the Digital World, where File Island and Folder Continent exist, the Dark Area exists in an altogether separate layer. It's for this reason that the X-Program, that was put into effect by the initiation of Project Arc, did not reach the Dark Area nor have any influence over it.

In the Dark Area, Anubimon, a Digimon who defends and supervises its land, judges the Digimon transferred there as good or evil. The data of bad Digimon is sealed in the Dark Area, while the data of good Digimon are restored as Digieggs.

However, among the evil Digimon who were sealed in the Dark Area, there exists a Digimon who uses the Dark Area as its base and is so powerful that not even Anubimon can lift a finger against it. The Seven Demon Lords also use the lowest layer (cocytus) of the Dark Area as their stronghold.
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

The battle royale to determine their future, a motion that was declared by Jesmon, regains peace and quiet for the old Digital World once its conclusion has been met.

However, that tranquility did not last for long. The Digimon who won the battle royale is just about to announce its victory, when an explosion goes off in the distance and a shockwave sweeps over the old Digital World.

Jesmon senses this abnormality and rushes to the center of the explosion, but what he sees there are the evil Digimon that were sealed in the Dark Area fighting a gruesome battle.
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

Some fun story content, and likely teases for more V-Pets.

They did leave one more surprise though. Chapter 7 is listed as coming tomorrow.

So... more to come...
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    wow!! Royal Knights X vs Seven Great Demon Lords....really looking forward to the rest of the story

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    This is going to be huge! Love how the Dark Area is being introduced in the X-Antibody verse through GrandDracumon & Anubimon! Not being affected by the X-Program leave us room for an amazing storyline. By the way what is the Cocytus Castle? 😮

The final showdown Royal Knights X VS Seven Great Demon Lords is getting close!!!

Updated the translations with ones from onkei!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    That's really interesting. Real fun to see it be a thing and the plot is good too.

I come from the net
    I thought it was Cerberumon Werewolf Mode when I first saw the new comic but I took a closer look at that comic panel and indeed it's Anubimon after reading below all the translation down noticed Anubimon picture had me confused... lol

But did Anubimon use telepathy to contract Jesmon? And the unknown monster... Shot the beam but it's hard to tell. Look like it's something riding on dragon-like monster to me.

I'm a Maniac
    Wouldn't it make more sense story wise for Grandracumon to be the one that gets sealed in the dark area? Are we sure this translation is correct?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    There’s never been any indication that GranDracmon is sealed in the Dark Area.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    However, among the evil Digimon who were sealed in the Dark Area, there exists a Digimon who uses the Dark Area as its base and is so powerful that not even Anubimon can lift a finger against it. The Seven Demon Lords also use the lowest layer (cocytus) of the Dark Area as their stronghold.
    Is it just me or the description of evil digimon residing within dark area does look confusing?

"There exists a digimon who uses the dark area as its base and is so powerful blah blah."

"The seven demon lords AlsO use the lowest layer as their stronghold."

Does it mean that Royal Kinghts are supposed to confront 8 evil entities from dark area in this final showdown? And who that powerful digimon might be? I'm really confused, any help and clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Presumably the evil Digimon in question is GranDracmon. It has a castle in the Dark Area, while the Seven Great Demon Lords use the Dark Area's lowest circle Cocytus as their base of operations.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast