With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary Exhibition at Yokohama Landmark Tower Announced!

Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary Exhibition at Yokohama Landmark Tower Announced!

Fun announcement time!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A new Digimon exhibition will be opening soon! This one, based on the initial announcement sounds somewhat like a followup to Digimon Adventure The Real World.

Opening July 13th at the Yokohama Landmark Tower will be 'Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary Exhibition in Sky Garden'. It will run through September 1st.

It will take place on the Sky Garden on the 69th floor of the tower, with 4 primary things.

At the entrance they will have photo spots with the eight Chosen Children

Beyond that they plan to have an exhibition corner with materials covering the 20 year history of the Digimon anime, including some that usually aren't displayed, such as products, early proposal documents, and materials used in the making of series, along with the successive series (02, Tamers, Frontier, Savers, Xros Wars, tri., and Applimonsters.)

The Sky Cafe restaurant on site will have an original menu for the collaboration.

Original products will also be made to be sold.

Admission to elements outside of the Sky Garden itself will be free, while things in the Sky Garden venue itself will have an entry fee:
    Adults (18 to 64)- 1,000 yen
    High School Students and Seniors 65 and over- 800 yen
    Elementary and Junior High Students- 500 yen
    Todders and those up to 4 years old- 200 yen

More details should show up soon. It'll be interesting to see a new collaboration menu, along with exclusive items!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Sounds so interesting! Too bad it ends in early September... Any chances they'd extend it? (Just wishful thinking)

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Would be nice to see the "early proposal documents" and development material. Wonder if we'll ever get to.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I cannot express how grateful I am that we are getting these tribute for all the Digimon anime series, even if it's for exhibition purposes, we are get to know about the original development of each one and that's amazing. Hope we can see a lot of pictures and stuff from the visitors in Japan, and also that they don't let the manga series be out of all this.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Hope we can see a lot of pictures and stuff from the visitors in Japan, and also that they don't let the manga series be out of all this.
    I don't see why it would include manga stuff. The whole thing seems to be Toei focused, and they gave us a list of the series we'll be hearing about.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Beyond that they plan to have an exhibition corner with materials covering the 20 year history of the Digimon anime, including some that usually aren't displayed, such as products, early proposal documents, and materials used in the making of series, along with the successive series (02, Tamers, Frontier, Savers, Xros Wars, tri., and Applimonsters.)
    Are they going to show something about X-Evolution too, or is it going to be ignore again?
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Hope we can see a lot of pictures and stuff from the visitors in Japan, and also that they don't let the manga series be out of all this.
    I don't see why it would include manga stuff. The whole thing seems to be Toei focused, and they gave us a list of the series we'll be hearing about.
    I know it's more a Bandai thing in this case, but just a little mention of the 5 main ones (V-Tamer 01, Chronicle/X, Next, Xros Wars & Appmon) would be lit!

There is a Magnadramon pin badge being sold at the event. Is anyone doing pickups? Because I NEED that pin badge.