With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overview & Introduction to Figure-rise Standard WarGreymon Amplified model kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Overview & Introduction to Figure-rise Standard WarGreymon Amplified model kit

Yet another update on this!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A week ago we didn't even know they were working on new Digimon model kits, and we already have detailed release information for both WarGreymon and Omegamon!

With everyone excited for them Bandai has gone ahead and published even more information, introducing and giving an overview to the first model kit in the line, WarGreymon Amplified.

They thank everyone for the excited response everyone has had to it so far.

They figured you might have some questions....
    Why are the new designs arranged versions for Figure-rise Standard?
    What is Amplified?

Or in short, what is Figure-rise Standard Amplified?

They'll focus on Figure-rise Standard WarGreymon Amplified to show off what they believe is the charm of these new models.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They want the word amplification kept in mind for the new Figure-rise Standard series, Figure-rise Standard Amplified.

They plan to amplify the charm of the characters in plastic model form, while also keeping in mind the original spirit of the design, along with the unique elements of each character.

They hope to show off a great vision of the characters as plastic models.

This is not only the first one for Digimon Adventure, but the first of this new series that will feature various amplified characters.

For Figure-rise Standard WarGreymon Amplified, they asked for the cooperation and help of Kenji Watanabe and As'Maria, both longtime Digimon designers.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In addition, to amplify the ability to have fun with WarGreymon as a plastic model, they've added 3mm peg holes to allow the kit to have extensibility. (Add-on pieces for Gundams and many other model kits use this as a standard size, so you can get parts to customize WarGreymon as you wish.)

To add to playability even more, they've added various product gimmicks/features...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

For example, the Brave Shield can deploy in a few different ways...

Including WarGreymon holding it in front of his body.

The Dramon Killer claws can even move to allow you to pose them as you wish.

Plastic models are known for their ability to be extended/customized, and you can do unique and interesting things to them such as these...

There are various other things they want to share... but details on those will come later...

Both WarGreymon and Omegamon model kits are currently on display at International Tokyo Toy Show 2019, which is now open to the public, through the end of the weekend.

Figure-rise Standard WarGreymon Amplified and Omegamon Amplified are both scheduled for release this October for 4,320 yen.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Itís absolutely awesome that these are designed with customization in mind. Iím loving the various ways theyíve showcased the shield and blades here. I look forward to seeing the ways buyers will customize their figures.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Can't wait for the pre-orders to go up. When they do, I will literally be there to pre-order him and Omnimon. I hope Bandai Spirits does more kits in the future. I would love to see them do every single Royal Knight, every single Digimon partner from every single anime incarnation, etc.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I wonder about how the white lines on the crest of Courage and the red parts of the shoulder spikes will work. Looking at the sprues pictured in the other news post, those specific armor plates don't seem to be comprised of multiple pieces (and thus would be molded in one color only)... Stickers maybe? If so, the crest of Courage looks like a pain to apply.
    Last edited by omegalucas; 06-15-2019 at 05:26 AM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    the red parts on the shoulders *could* be an actual piece, it would even be feasible to mold that color since its the same as some other parts (hair, leg armour...)
    crest is most definitlely stickers. the good thing about those being in a bit of a recess is you cant tell its stickers and theres little danger of the edges peeling off if something rubs against them.

they really nailed it with the transparent details. i wish the omegamon one had as much cool going on, but i figure that one is a bit more meant to be a slightly tweaked re-release of the reboot version to start this line off.
    i might get two and repaint one to blackwargraymon, but if they sell at all that recolor is probably going to be coming anyways.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrow View Post
    the red parts on the shoulders *could* be an actual piece, it would even be feasible to mold that color since its the same as some other parts (hair, leg armour...)
    I know it would be feasible to do, especially when they're moulding Omegamon's chest stripes in blue instead of using stickers like in Reboot, but one of the pictures from the WarGreymon topic had the piece visible in the sprue and it was just one piece (although the opposite shoulder part didn't have the spike... whether it was simply broken or not, I'm not sure)

About the armor parts, it wouldn't be the first time in Figure-rise that the actual molded plastic had a metallic shine (the Dragon Ball Super Saiyan Blue and Ultra Instinct figures had metallic blue and silver hair respectively).
    Last edited by omegalucas; 06-15-2019 at 09:35 AM.

I'm a Maniac
    I like to think that message from As'Maria says something along the lines of "X-Antibody complexity was only 20% of my full brain power."

Ain't got no mojo... perignonic's Avatar
    Follow perignonic On Twitter Add perignonic on Facebook Add perignonic on Steam
    OMG, this is a need.
    I'ma hint my friends

I come from the net
    That is super fancy stuff. Real nice work. Model kits are a lot of work but they do look nice.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Why does WarGreymon have a peg hole in his butt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast