With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would be the plot for a Pokemon/Digimon crossover?

Ain't got no mojo...

What would be the plot for a Pokemon/Digimon crossover?

Let's say Nintendo and Bandai for whatever reason decided to make a crossover between Pokemon and Digimon. Be it a video game, anime, or whatever. What do you think the story for it would be?

And how would the characters of both series play off of each other? Just to make things easier, it would between Ash and his friends, Tai and the DigiDestined, and other major characters from the Pokemon anime and Digimon Adventure universe respectively.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I think that would be hard due to power levels. Digimon is leagues above and so if the baddie is a Pokemon it's no threat to Digimon whilst if its a Digimon the Pokemon characters won't be helpful. I guess you could buff Pokemon but then they become able to destroy universes which isn't a power the Pokemon universe has ever really been able to be shown to do.

Best thing really would just be a fighting game or something. So basically, smash bros lol.

The franchises are kinda too different for this IMO.

Banned
    Well... I don't think these two franchises would work well as a crossover. But, if I were to give my shot at how it could at least somewhat work, I would do like this:

The Pokémon world would be the real world. It would have some cyber organization, which uses Porygons to explore mysterious unknown parts of the virtual world (which turns out to extend beyond the internet known to mankind). The Porygons arrive in the Digital world. This makes some very powerful Digimon aware of the real (Pokémon) world and it affects the Porygons with some virus before sending them back there. The virus materializes in the Pokémon world and allows the evil Digimon to influence some humans to build a portal to the digital world.

An army of evil Digimon would invade the real/Pokémon world and, due to the difference in powerlevels, the Digimon would quickly take over that world. A team of elite Pokémon trainers would use the portal to enter the digital world with their Pokémon partners, in order to find some way to stop the Digimon invasion. Since the Digimon world isn't exactly flooded by Ultimates and mainly is occupied by Child and Adult Digimon, some fair Pokémon-vs-Digimon battles could occur along the way.

I imagine the ending to involve some kind of cooperation between Arceus and Yggdrasil to set things back in order, but of course, some stupid plot device would make that a difficult task.

I would probably involve Mewtwo in the story to be some weapon developed by humans to counter the Digimon invasion. He would be much more powerful than the Mewtwo we know and he would give the human world a shot at victory, but not enough to be the defining factor.

I would never involve the iconic characters like Ash and Taichi in this project. In order for it to work at all, it would have to be all new characters, separate from the Digimon/Pokémon anime canons.
    Last edited by Jon Snow; 06-11-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Team Rocket and Dark Gennai in cahoot enacting a plot by using a new legendary Pokemon and a new Digimon to conquer their respective world. ASh and friends takes care of Team Rocket while the Chosen Children handles Dark Gennai. Both Pokemon and the Digimon had the power to manipulate dimension, combines when they're nearly defeated, threatening the two world to be fused forever. Together Ash and the CC defeat the PokeDigimon, restoring the two universe as before.

IMHO... I choose Kurata. It would turn out that Kurata would fall into the Pokemon world. Where would he try to destroy the local world because we hate the monsters. For him, Pokemon would only be slaves. And we know he would find good pawns from different organizations for his plan. Of course, Kurata would also work on a plan to get to the Digital World and destroy it definitively. Porygon could work well.

Who to choose from the Digimon World? I don't think Adventure would work. Masaru? Well, poor Pokemon would beat them there. Maybe I would choose a completely new character. And someone who would be a Tamer. The chosen child cannot fully understand the Tamer.

I wouldn't even put both worlds in opposition. But we can throw something like a friendly battle there. Maybe Ash could try the fight against Digimon... That is why Tamer would be better in this respect as well. Chosen children do not know friendly battles. Ash is a character who may or may not be there. But again, he is most known as a hero and one who fights for friendship. I'm not sure if an entirely new character for Pokémon fans would work.

Certainly I wouldn't cast Pokemon or Digimon as a villain. It wouldn't work. I think it should focus on showing what one can do alongside Digimon / Pokemon. The power of friendship, determination.

Only then will you satisfy both groups. If Pokemon is kicking Digimon's ass, Digimon fans will be upset and vice versa. Although satisfying Digimon fans is generally difficult, given the preferences of the popularity of the characters.
    Last edited by Chisana Minamoto; 06-11-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    A Digimon/Pokemon Crossover wouldnt work too well because of the massive power gap between the two franchises. A Digimon antagonist would render the pokemon protagonist completely useless(unless said antagonist is calumon, who really cant attack). On the other hand, if a pokemon were the antagonist, it would get destroyed in the first five minutes.

Only way the Pokemon/Digimon crossover is when Death Battle does another match. The first match show that Pokemon is way overmatched by a Digimon.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

I think a crossover would be simpler if there were more of a cameo situation than trying to combine settings, but fans of one or the other would probably be disappointed.

I came up with two silly examples. They turned out much more detailed than I anticipated.

Pokemon version:
    Ash and co. run into Kari, who is being chased by Archnemon and Mummymon in human form. The two villains are new hires at Team Rocket. To steal pokeballs, Archnemon uses her KoDokugumon and threads while Mummymon uses bandages and zombies. However they send random Pokemon to battle instead of attacking anyone themselves. Ash drives them away and Kari takes him and his friends back to Tai who explains that the villains used BlackWarGreymon to get to the Pokemon dimension. Ash and co. agree to help stop the villains, while Jesse and James join them in the background because they are extremely jealous. Meowth comically falls in love with Tailmon and she scratches him in the face. Ash and Tai challenge the villains while their friends stand around and comment. As the protagonists are about to win, BlackWarGreymon interrupts. Mewtwo shows up from far away just in time to stop him. The two battle for a few seconds until Ash convinces them to put aside their differences. Bewear comes in to beat up Archnemon and Mummymon when they try to flee. Jesse, James, and Meowth try to sneak off with the stolen Pokeballs, but Agumon and Pikachu blast them off. The protagonists laugh, xylophone plays, and the camera pans to a sunset.

Digimon version:
    During a battle, a popular Pokemon trainer is suddenly corrupted, forms a mask and cape, and laughs maniacally. Meanwhile, Tai and the other chosen children are going about their daily lives until they are sucked into a portal. They and Ash's group are brought together somewhere by an entity called DigiPokey, which isn't explained any further. Masked man arrives to steal the Griseous Orb. Pikachu and Greymon, along with the other (un-evolved) Digimon and a few other Pokemon are sent out, but they are overwhelmed by things like noiverns and Devidramon. Tai is angry so Ash gives him a pep talk and then they go after the villain. They find the masked man was being used by a Digimon to summon Giratina as a way to escape from another dimension. Vamdemon again! He fuses with Giratina into NeoVamdemon Darkness Mode. All of the chosen children's Digimon evolve to mega and Ash, Misty, and Brock mega evolve Charizard, Gyarados, and Steelix. Each of those gets to attack exactly once before being smacked away and devolved. Pikachu and Agumon fuse into Omegamon Gigavolt Mode, which has gold armor, rosy cheeks, and pikachu parts for arms. The villain is defeated in one slash and Tai and Ash clap hands. In the background, Matt sulks and Gabumon tries to cheer him up. The protagonists wave to each other sadly as they return to their respective dimensions.
    Last edited by Exodd; 06-11-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana Minamoto View Post
    IMHO... I choose Kurata. It would turn out that Kurata would fall into the Pokemon world. Where would he try to destroy the local world because we hate the monsters. For him, Pokemon would only be slaves. And we know he would find good pawns from different organizations for his plan. Of course, Kurata would also work on a plan to get to the Digital World and destroy it definitively. Porygon could work well. Who to choose from the Digimon World? I don't think Adventure would work. Masaru? Well, poor Pokemon would beat them there. Maybe I would choose a completely new character. And someone who would be a Tamer. The chosen child cannot fully understand the Tamer. I wouldn't even put both worlds in opposition. But we can throw something like a friendly battle there. Maybe Ash could try the fight against Digimon... That is why Tamer would be better in this respect as well. Chosen children do not know friendly battles. Ash is a character who may or may not be there. But again, he is most known as a hero and one who fights for friendship. I'm not sure if an entirely new character for Pokémon fans would work.Certainly I wouldn't cast Pokemon or Digimon as a villain. It wouldn't work. I think it should focus on showing what one can do alongside Digimon / Pokemon. The power of friendship, determination.Only then will you satisfy both groups. If Pokemon is kicking Digimon's ass, Digimon fans will be upset and vice versa. Although satisfying Digimon fans is generally difficult, given the preferences of the popularity of the characters.
    Kurata and Ghetsis could make an alliance, too.

Quote Originally Posted by miru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisana Minamoto View Post
    IMHO... I choose Kurata. It would turn out that Kurata would fall into the Pokemon world. Where would he try to destroy the local world because we hate the monsters. For him, Pokemon would only be slaves. And we know he would find good pawns from different organizations for his plan. Of course, Kurata would also work on a plan to get to the Digital World and destroy it definitively. Porygon could work well. Who to choose from the Digimon World? I don't think Adventure would work. Masaru? Well, poor Pokemon would beat them there. Maybe I would choose a completely new character. And someone who would be a Tamer. The chosen child cannot fully understand the Tamer. I wouldn't even put both worlds in opposition. But we can throw something like a friendly battle there. Maybe Ash could try the fight against Digimon... That is why Tamer would be better in this respect as well. Chosen children do not know friendly battles. Ash is a character who may or may not be there. But again, he is most known as a hero and one who fights for friendship. I'm not sure if an entirely new character for Pokémon fans would work.Certainly I wouldn't cast Pokemon or Digimon as a villain. It wouldn't work. I think it should focus on showing what one can do alongside Digimon / Pokemon. The power of friendship, determination.Only then will you satisfy both groups. If Pokemon is kicking Digimon's ass, Digimon fans will be upset and vice versa. Although satisfying Digimon fans is generally difficult, given the preferences of the popularity of the characters.
    Kurata and Ghetsis could make an alliance, too.
    We can potentially give an opponent anybody. It's just about how big a bad guy you want. It's about people. One thing is certain, you must avoid building up Digimon and Pokémon against each other. So I think the two of them could put together a device that could instantly destroy both worlds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast