With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Favorite cartoon movies

Banned

Red face Favorite cartoon movies

What are your favorite cartoon movies (not series)? To me, these are among my favorites...

From Disney, I really liked these. They all have a special spot in my childhood memories:
    -Beauty and the Beast (1991)
    -Aladdin (1992)
    -The Lion King (1994)
    -Pocahontas (1995)
    -The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
    -Hercules (1997)
    -Mulan (1998)
    -Tarzan (1999)
    -The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
    -Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
    -Treasure Planet (2002)

Besides Disney cartoons, I also liked:
    -Ninja Scroll (1993)
    -Street Fighter II (1994)
    -Anastasia (1997)
    -The Prince of Egypt (1998)
    -Tekken (1998)
    -Akira (1998)
    -The Land Before Time (1988)
    -The Road to El Dorado (2000)
    Last edited by Jon Snow; 06-14-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I saw most of the once you posted. I would say my favourite is Mulan for sure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevlonf View Post
    I saw most of the once you posted. I would say my favourite is Mulan for sure.
    Mulan was a very good movie, yes. I like how many of the classic Disney movies gave us some childish imaginations regarding China, the Middle East, Greece, France, etc... As a child, I had a good vacation in Greece, but I was disappointed that it didn't look like it did in the Hercules movie, lol.

I would probably say that the Prince of Egypt is the best cartoon I have ever seen.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    All the ones you've listed are great.
    I especially think The Prince of Eygpt is an underrated one.
    Really great visuals and songs.
    And for Disney, I always had a soft spot for the original Rescuers.

After getting back into Digimon, I was introduced to the extended work of Mamoru Hosoda, and Summer Wars quickly became one of my favorites. Wolf Children is amazing too along with Boy and the Beast. I do like The Girl Who Leapt through time; works great emotionally and thematically, but the plot gets distractedly bonkers towards the end.

Don Bluth's back catalogue is mostly amazing, with The Land Before Time and The Secret of NIMH being favorites.

Lord and Miller: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, LEGO Movie, fricken Into the Spiderverse... I had such a damn spring in my step leaving the theater after seeing that one. They strike such an amazing balance between self-aware absurdity and genuine emotion.

The My Hero Academia Movie and YuGiOh Dark Dimension were both a blast, great celebrations of their Anime tie-ins.

And while not cartoons, but still animated movies, Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox and Isle of Dogs were delightfully dark and quicky films.
    Last edited by McGann; 06-13-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McGann View Post
    All the ones you've listed are great.
    I especially think The Prince of Eygpt is an underrated one.
    Really great visuals and songs.
    And for Disney, I always had a soft spot for the original Rescuers.

After getting back into Digimon, I was introduced to the extended work of Mamoru Hosoda, and Summer Wars quickly became one of my favorites. Wolf Children is amazing too along with Boy and the Beast. I do like The Girl Who Leapt through time; works great emotionally and thematically, but the plot gets distractedly bonkers towards the end.

Don Bluth's back catalogue is mostly amazing, with The Land Before Time and The Secret of NIMH being favorites.

Lord and Miller: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, LEGO Movie, fricken Into the Spiderverse... I had such a damn spring in my step leaving the theater after seeing that one. They strike such an amazing balance between self-aware absurdity and genuine emotion.

The My Hero Academia Movie and YuGiOh Dark Dimension were both a blast, great celebrations of their Anime tie-ins.

And while not cartoons, but still animated movies, Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox and Isle of Dogs were delightfully dark and quicky films.
    There are many of your recommendations which I have never seen before. But I have seen Summer Wars, also due to Digimon, and yeah, it was a very entertaining cartoon!
    Why the Prince of Egypt is so underrated is above my level of abstraction... Best cartoon movie of all time, IMO. I wanna try some of your recommendations when I get the time soon.

Various Disney movies, Transformers 1986 movie and the My Little Pony movie.