With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Figure-rise Standard WarGreymon & Omegamon Model Kit Prototypes Shown

Digimon Figure-rise Standard WarGreymon & Omegamon Model Kit Prototypes Shown

A neat weekend surprise...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

At Wonder Festival Shanghai 2019 (happening right now), Bandai Spirits and it's various subsidiaries were showing off a number of figures and models, and showed off something new and unannounced for Digimon fans!

Model kits! Joining the Figure-rise Standard model kit line is Digimon (seemingly with a new subline called Amplified, but not all the placards mention that name, so it might just be a marketing label), with the first two being based on 2 rather popular characters...

First up...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

WarGreymon! It looks like a CGI render in color in the first photo up above (it might be a photo of the model painted, but it's hard to see.)

The WarGreymon model kit upgrades his look to be a bit more mecha, and looks rather good. The shiel pieces on his back are see thru in the prototype, so it'll be interesting to see what that looks like with the final colors at release.

Plus we see one that is a bit... familiar...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Omegamon! The Omegamon prototype appears to 'mostly' be Digimon Reboot Omegamon, the only model kit that ever got released in the Digimon Reboot model line.

There are some differences on the new kit, but that they appear to be using elements from the Reboot line should give a 'bit' of hope to fans who were looking forward to Reboot Dukemon, Angemon, and Devimon when we saw them roughly a decade ago (the first of which we saw a prototype of years ago, while the latter two we only ever saw drawings of.)

No announced release period or price that we can see yet, but hopefully we get more info (and models announced) soon.

Thanks to Taghobby for the info.

Update- Some more images thanks to Dengeki Hobby.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

*my favorite Digimon, Sunmon through Gracenovamon, won't get any merchandise because Digimon won't use them*
    *Wargreymon gets nonstop figures*

why must I hurt, forum?

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    I'v always wanted Figure-rise Standard Digimon kits. I own a ton of Figure-rise Standard Dragon Ball kits.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Wow. The face on Omegamon is quite an improvement over Reboot. And WarGreymon looks really good too.

These look pretty stylish... I like the detail on WarGreymon's chestplate a lot and I'm really looking forward to seeing how they handle that translucent style of the brave shield in the final version and how it would look from the back...

Quote Originally Posted by omegalucas View Post
    Wow. The face on Omegamon is quite an improvement over Reboot. And WarGreymon looks really good too.
    I kind of disagree about Omegamon's face. The more rectangular shape of the helmet opening on the reboot figure was a far better fit for the overall rather angular style of the entire figure, while the current head just looks like a barely modified regular omegamon head on top of a redesigned body.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    I'm surprised that they aren't going for anime accuracy.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    For WarGreymon we already have the D-Arts, S.H. Figuarts, Digivolving Spirits, and the GEM figure going for Bandai art/anime accurate looks, so this feels like a refreshing change of pace if anything.

I don't know if I need to add yet another to my collection (excluding the GEM figure since I don't have the cash or space for such a thing) but this model kit looks so damn cool. The more mecha oriented look really appeals to me. And it looks like they've added some elements from his tri. design like the claws and the larger shoulder spikes.

Having only recently built the Reboot version of Omegamon, I'll skip this one as aside from a new head and waist sculpt (and some new parts to fill the gaps behind the WarGreymon horns!) this one looks to be virtually identical. That kit had some issues like the cape wings making it back heavy, so I hope they can at least fix those.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    Having only recently built the Reboot version of Omegamon, I'll skip this one as aside from a new head and waist sculpt (and some new parts to fill the gaps behind the WarGreymon horns!) this one looks to be virtually identical.
    Funnily enough they didn't fill WarGreymon's claws. Wonder if the toes will also be filled or not.

Tri's WarGreymon may got no love, but this is something that I can really get behind.

I'm glad they're expanding the line, it was always a shame that they just re-released Omegamon over and over. But I'm pretty meh on figure kits overall (mostly just bad at them). I could be tempted if they did that Devimon though, that concept art was always pretty legit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast