With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digi Memories

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Digi Memories

http://digistarlight.jkaizer.net/?id=diginext/memories

Ok we know they appear a lot in next and have great significance. However from recent spoilers in the episode discussion they may have more implications in Savers as well.

[size=16pt]SPOILER WARNING[/size]

I'm hoping they will have implications about the fact the group get their memories erased

I come from the net

Re: Digi Memories

Makes somehow sense. The Evos to MachGaogamon and Lilamon also both had to do with Memories.

Junior Commander

Rize didn't though, which may mean another method is required for Masuru

Follow gerjomarty On Twitter Add gerjomarty on Steam

But how can something like Digi-memories, which aren't really memories but just a name for a sort of item, link up with actual memories? It's too much of a leap to connect actual memories and digi-memories. How would they re-instate the memory of the Savers?

Perhaps they're locked away in DATS somewhere only to be used in extreme cases when memories from their MIB ballpoint pens need to be reversed. Or maybe we need another advanture in the Digital World to find them!

I'm going digital

Seems to be an interesting enough concept, but Digimemories seem to be more like the Crests than actual memories. Then again, you never know how the story will be written if the writers want it done......

As for the Digi-memories on your site Vande, if you haven't noticed, the Water memory is a dolphin, and the insect memory seems to be more like the top of a beetle's head than a cup..... Not trying to be rude, just pointing something out while I'm here.

I come from the net

Quote Originally Posted by gerjomarty
    But how can something like Digi-memories, which aren't really memories but just a name for a sort of item, link up with actual memories? It's too much of a leap to connect actual memories and digi-memories. How would they re-instate the memory of the Savers?

Perhaps they're locked away in DATS somewhere only to be used in extreme cases when memories from their MIB ballpoint pens need to be reversed. Or maybe we need another advanture in the Digital World to find them!
    Well, if you think about it, the data-oriented nature of Digimon and the Digital World as a whole would perhaps in some circumstances, give them the ability to compile, save, or even certain qualities such as memories in a similar fashion that someone might save a file on their computer.

As far as Digi Memories go it is possible that because each of the 8 objects represent different factions of the Digital World, these memories may well contain the full history of said faction leading from the very beginning until present. Each new evolution and achievement from the next Digimon could be automatically recorded and assimilated by the respective Memory. Imagine, data and information that spans the entire existence of the Digital World compiled into 8 objects. And because of the Digimon's ability to access and use data, the Memory could endow its user with untold quantities of power that would only grow stronger as time progresses. Who knows? These 8 Digi Memories might even be the theorized databank of Digimon Evolutionary forms that we have discussed about in the past. Keep in mind, this is just my theory though ^_^
    The Digital World has no shortage of heroes, but what of our own world?

I come from the net

Around the first things I thought of were Digimemories when I heard about that episode. That would an interesting twist.

Follow gerjomarty On Twitter Add gerjomarty on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Well, if you think about it, the data-oriented nature of Digimon and the Digital World as a whole would perhaps in some circumstances, give them the ability to compile, save, or even certain qualities such as memories in a similar fashion that someone might save a file on their computer.

As far as Digi Memories go it is possible that because each of the 8 objects represent different factions of the Digital World, these memories may well contain the full history of said faction leading from the very beginning until present. Each new evolution and achievement from the next Digimon could be automatically recorded and assimilated by the respective Memory. Imagine, data and information that spans the entire existence of the Digital World compiled into 8 objects. And because of the Digimon's ability to access and use data, the Memory could endow its user with untold quantities of power that would only grow stronger as time progresses. Who knows? These 8 Digi Memories might even be the theorized databank of Digimon Evolutionary forms that we have discussed about in the past. Keep in mind, this is just my theory though ^_^
    Yes! A theory! It certainly sounds just as, if not a little more plausible as the Akashic(sp?) records that may or may not hold all of the data on the history of the Digital World, which I suppose you could call a memory. Since they seem to relate to families/factions of Digimon it is entirely possible that the memories or stories of this entire faction is held in a digi-memory. However I do think this would only have happened in the ancient times, as how could they still be recording information on factions when seemingly none exist in the Digital Worlds of the series. That's not to say there isn't loads of power locked away in there though.

But how would these digi-memories reintroduce the Savers with their own personal, human memories? At most they may help them to remember about their digimon, but past this I don't think so, unless the DATS mindwipe pens were designed to lock away memories instead of erasing them (like in MIB) and the digi-memories act as a key towards the unlocking. I keep thinking back to that collectable card set that had the Savers digimon with their corresponding digi-memory in the corner - they're obviously planning something.

I come from the net

Unfortunately, I'm pacing myself on the episodes like nuts for the winter so I haven't seen all of them to date. However, they say memories are never really erased, just locked away. I personally don't know if that will hold true or not, but it is also plausible that the memories of humans might be recorded either in their Digimon partners, or from their having spent time in the Digital World.
    The Digital World has no shortage of heroes, but what of our own world?