With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Survive Interview/Behind the Scenes Video with Producers, Character Designs

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I thought he meant he wanted it and that's why it's in.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I thought he meant he wanted it and that's why it's in.
    Me too, I saw no reason to interpret it otherwise. There was no "but".
    In general I liked their tone in the interview and have none of the issues pretty much everybody else does.
    They are being modest which is something that we have not been used to, but in my opinion that is a much more valuable quality than painting everything as amazing.
    For how little they shared, their tone afforded them to give us a lot of insight to their intentions, decisions, process and priorities. I loved every second of it.
    Last edited by Grimmon; 06-02-2019 at 05:35 AM.

I was under the impression that a lot of the odd phrasing in the interview was due to slightly awkward translations. Just the vibe I got, since I can’t understand Japanese well.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by GrungeCat View Post
    tl;dr - interview was a cluster and kind of a barrel of monkeys with their crazy statements, but i am still much excite.
    My interpretation of his statements is that the core combat gameplay is going to be classic, while the adventure/talk-ey sections are the places that will have the choices. I agree with Grimmon. I really appreciated how candid and open they were in this interview. I'm looking forward to getting this game.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Completely digital
    I can see the sincerity and ambition from Habumon throughout this interview, so I don't think it's just another marketing purposed interview. He clearly still care about what digimon could do more and take a challenge on another genre (despite, well, SRPG isn't something new to digimon). He has the digimon fans, who has been desperate enough of the oversaturrated treatment of the franchise in general nowadays, seeing a glimpse of hope for the better future of the franchise, including me.

I know it's not going to sell as well as CS or HM since more people just want another story games as they think the story series is the primary of the game division, not to mention that not everyone is into SRPG. I know the 2d animation feels quite clunky since it uses 2d vector animation, but at least Survive succeeded to give me something fresh from the digimon franchise, something I've been waiting for and looking forward to. I mean, they could've just done it in 3D once again with recycling the CS/HM digimon model (once AGAIN) but no, he knew well that it's been overused.

I understand that it seems they didn't do good enough to promote the game mechanic via the interview. But I just think that some of you were just overestimating that the interview would've given a deeper view of the game, but no, as the theme that this interview was a developer diary. So it's not going to explain anything deep about the mechanic, it's just all about what the developer think about making this game and what they want to approach. If you wish to see deeper introduction into the mechanic, just wait for V Jump scans on further months. A developer diary doesn't necessarily need to promote the game much, it's just something worth to see for digimon fans in general, knowing more about Habumon and the current circumstances of Bamco digimon console game's division.

He is not the mobile game division which only care for more cashgrab for pretty much nothing exciting about the game. He is not TOEI producers who only care about what the majority of people (not necessarily true fans) want for big money (I mean if Habumon cares more for cashgrab, he would've been making Cyber Sleuth 2, not HM, but a sequel, regardless of the good or bad execution it will be).

Sure, I know some of you will mention that ASR was done by Habumon. But, you know, human did mistake. So yeah, he learnt. But this time, only Habumon can be trusted for the better future of the franchise.

I come from the net
    Hope this "Survive" game got two endings; Happy ending and Despair ending comes with the unexplained price to pay for. I never could get over that ending from Hacker's Memory! But I find it hard to imagine how they will bring Cyber Sleuth series' famous grimdark cutscene moments to this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Hope this "Survive" game got two endings; Happy ending and Despair ending comes with the unexplained price to pay for. I never could get over that ending from Hacker's Memory! But I find it hard to imagine how they will bring Cyber Sleuth series' famous grimdark cutscene moments to this game...
    They said a while back the game with have three endings, and theyre considering a fourth ending. It's probably everyone dies ending, a few die ending, and no one die ending.

I come from the net
    Oh thanks for that. So three endings. True Ending, Normal Ending and Bad Ending? Cannot imagine what fourth ending will be.

Oh thanks for that. So three endings. True Ending, Normal Ending and Bad Ending? Cannot imagine what fourth ending will be.
    I imagine it’ll lean more towards a devil survivor set of endings than a binary people die/people don’t die/some people die kind of thing. I think who dies will be part of how you achieve certain endings (I.e obviously the “best” ending won’t be available if you kill the entire cast and are wandering around with a skulking skullgreymon) but I think your in-game choices will be more important than just deciding on character’s lives. As an aside though, is anyone else thinking Floramon and their partner are going to be our “introduction” to the death mechanic? Oftentimes games where choice can lead to character death have a character that dies early on to introduce the mechanics and stakes to the player, and given we don’t seem to have seen them later on in the game and they’re not part of the “main cast” that’s had its artwork placed all around, maybe they’re destined for the grave already

Quote Originally Posted by Togetak View Post
    I imagine it’ll lean more towards a devil survivor set of endings than a binary people die/people don’t die/some people die kind of thing. I think who dies will be part of how you achieve certain endings (I.e obviously the “best” ending won’t be available if you kill the entire cast and are wandering around with a skulking skullgreymon) but I think your in-game choices will be more important than just deciding on character’s lives. As an aside though, is anyone else thinking Floramon and their partner are going to be our “introduction” to the death mechanic? Oftentimes games where choice can lead to character death have a character that dies early on to introduce the mechanics and stakes to the player, and given we don’t seem to have seen them later on in the game and they’re not part of the “main cast” that’s had its artwork placed all around, maybe they’re destined for the grave already
    I'm expecting Falcomon and Minoru for that. All that talk of him being the jokester of the group and being the glue that keeps them together and stuff screams "okuwamon and meramon eat his face" to me.

and we know more about Saki/Floramon than glasses-kun lol (we know of five dudes, and the fifth dude we dont even know his partner)

someone for sure is getting hella killed in chapter 1 though lol. they all do it.
    Last edited by Muur; 06-05-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast