With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Digimon Survive Interview/Behind the Scenes Video with Producers, Character Designs

  1. #11
    Updated the embed and rewrote much of the article.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  2. #12
    I'm going digital Vaioumon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    562
    Hmm, so nothing really new, but a neat little interview nonetheless.

  3. #13
    I come from the net flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,470
    The music is so amazing and really sets the tone, I'm happy we heard more of it. Does anyone remember who the composer is?

    Yeah Habu really seems to understand Digimon. Everything they talked about makes me think this game's story, atmosphere and characters are going to be really special and heartwarming to me. And I love older jrpgs sothat sounds hopeful too. We only have seen a few Digimon so far and we already have some great choices I've wanted tpo see for awhile!

    All the stuff about how those petitions worked and overseas fans was nice to hear as an English fan too.

  4. #14
    Red shirt SparkGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Everett, Washington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    71
    they just drop the concept of Digimon being the same yokai and monsters humans encountered in ancient mythology on us in the video. The fact he mentions it also probably means this will be explored in this game. Now I'm even more curious on the story!

  5. #15
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,556
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    The music is so amazing and really sets the tone, I'm happy we heard more of it. Does anyone remember who the composer is?
    .
    Tomoki Miyoshi, you can check out I Am Setstuna if you wanna hear some more stuff he did. and some other stuff here: http://tomokimiyoshi.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by SparkGold View Post
    they just drop the concept of Digimon being the same yokai and monsters humans encountered in ancient mythology on us in the video. The fact he mentions it also probably means this will be explored in this game. Now I'm even more curious on the story!
    they actually slightly brought it up in cyber sleuth, nokia says something about how humans made digimon and agumon and gabumon laugh at her and say digimon have always been there and part of the plot is actually that EDEN's creation allowed digimon to show up/humans to get digimon

  6. #16
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,368
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    And of course the idea was first brought up all the way back in Adventure 02.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

  7. #17
    Red shirt SparkGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Everett, Washington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    they actually slightly brought it up in cyber sleuth, nokia says something about how humans made digimon and agumon and gabumon laugh at her and say digimon have always been there and part of the plot is actually that EDEN's creation allowed digimon to show up/humans to get digimon
    oh, I totally forgot/didn't read into that. I think I just assumed with the later that the Digital World was started by the internet and Eden came a few decades later

  8. #18
    I come from the net flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,470
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkGold View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    they actually slightly brought it up in cyber sleuth, nokia says something about how humans made digimon and agumon and gabumon laugh at her and say digimon have always been there and part of the plot is actually that EDEN's creation allowed digimon to show up/humans to get digimon
    oh, I totally forgot/didn't read into that. I think I just assumed with the later that the Digital World was started by the internet and Eden came a few decades later
    I could ne wrong but I thought that's what they meant too, but the Eaters were implies to be here forever and appeared to people in the past as UFOs and bigfoot and other paranormal things.


    Where did they talk about it in 02? I completely forgot about it.

  9. #19
    Completely digital Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    907
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    It was a little before the international Digidestined were introduced while Yolei was in Kyoto where she met Sora’s dad and Joe’s brother, they theorized that Digimon were tsukumogami.

    What makes this unusual though is that while Digimon in Tamers are stated to have descended from the virtual pet the Monster Makers created, it's possible that said pet fused with the entities to become the first Digimon.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 05-31-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

  10. #20
    I'm going digital Vaioumon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    562
    The concept as a whole, while definitely neat, doesn't really flow with the franchise in my opinion. It becomes waaaaaaaaay too "don't think about it" when you consider things like the continents being named after common computer terms, "mon" being at the end of every name because that's how programs are named, the fact they refer to themselves as "digital monsters", etc. The franchise's details are just built too much with a human frame of reference for me to believe that the digital world existed independently of the human world, barring some timey-wimey gobbledygook explaination. The building blocks of their dimension could have always been around, sure, but they would have clearly drawn from the human world.
    Last edited by Vaioumon; 05-31-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •