With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Survive Interview/Behind the Scenes Video with Producers, Character Designs

Digimon Survive Interview/Behind the Scenes Video with Producers, Character Designs

Hey look, it isn't cancelled.

We knew, thanks to Producer Habu that not only would we get Digimon Survive updates soon, but that an interview with him would show up, which would also go over not only Survive, but his history with the brand.

While the interview was filmed for overseas (non-Japanese) usage, it's shown up in Japan first via Bandai Namco Entertainment. It showed up relatively quickly with subtitles for the rest of us though.

During the video Producer Habu goes over various Digimon games he was involved with (starting with when he first began to work on the brand), talks about bringing them outside of Japan in recent years, and we also a preview, along with some behind the scenes details for Digimon Survive. Habu also discusses in a few different ways bringing in more elements and thought to appealing to fans who grew up with the Digimon anime, as he has before, along with how conscious choices were made to make this game a throwback to older gametypes.

Assistant Producer Katsuaki Tsuzuki also shows up in the video to discuss some of the elements of Digimon Survive also.

We also get a number of Survive character design images...

Our first big batch of Survive stuff in quite awhile after an expected degree of silence after the game was announced early.

Also, if you look at the clips of the games development in the video, I do believe there are a few Digimon there that we weren't aware of making appearances...

More to come from Survive soon.

Update- Various elements that were higher up on the page before we had the video in English and much of it was rewritten-

Producer Habu has confirmed on Twitter that the Japanese release being first was due to time differences, but that versions in other regions could appear at any time.

This version doesn't have subtitles, but we expect an English friendly version to show up soon (and we've thrown it to a few translators who will look over it as they have time, if an English version isn't forthcoming quickly.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Follow Soul070 On Twitter Visit Soul070's Youtube Channel
    Can't wait for the translation! I hope we get a release date announcement soon. Maybe E3?

Add saifors on DeviantArt
    We get some ofscreen footage of the new build showing a heavily overhauled UI that's quite a bit more stylish, less cluttered and in the case of attacks shows much more info Game spped has also upped signioficanlt, characters moving their posuitions now goes much faster (either that or they added a speed up button) we also see some new Digimon like Wendigomon and MarineDevimon.
    In terms of mechanics shown with older build is a sort of assist/support that strengthens an attack when an ally is close by and attack range can come in multiple forms like a cros shape and there seems to be a separate range, likely for indicatingthe area of effect (something we have't seen since DS Digimon Story games)

Sweet! Can't wait to see the English version. Very happy Wendigomon is back!

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Huh, Palmon is on their team instead of Floramon now. I wonder if they replaced her or just aren't showing Floramon. We didn't see Saki either so hmm.

Falcomon evolved to MetalGreymon and Palmon to Garurumon? I guess anyone can become anyone.

I'm glad to see some more Survive stuff. Now to wait for the English version of this video.

As for the designs, I really like the third Aoi, I hope that becomes a DLC outfit or unlockable.

So Digimon Tamagotchi is not a toy.
    LCD Game.

Personally I’m excited to see MarineDevimon! I always thought that was the coolest Devimon variant. The interview was really nice too, Habu as usual really seems to “get” things.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Graizen View Post
    So Digimon Tamagotchi is not a toy.
    LCD Game.
    a digital toy gadget is simply a game, though...

anw, as always, my praise to the majestic Lord Habumon.

Habumon is my only hope for the goodness of digimon franchise.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    Personally I’m excited to see MarineDevimon! I always thought that was the coolest Devimon variant. The interview was really nice too, Habu as usual really seems to “get” things.
    to think he started not really knowing anything about the franchise based on what he was saying. he got the job, and then I guess just wanted to be really good at it

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    BandaiNamcoUK have posted the video - with subtitles

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/st...61551476445190

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast