With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Links is Shutting Down at the End of July

Digimon Links is Shutting Down at the End of July

Some people won't like this...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

While not a huge surprise with the tease that an international release of Digimon ReArise is coming soon, moreso with recent content in Links seemed to be it going full circle, we have a formal announcement that Digimon Links is shutting down.

The in game notice gives the shutdown time as being July 30th, 2019 at 4:00 UTC, which lines up with July 29th at 9:00pm Pacific time.

Links will run properly until that time, with the exception that they are disabling DigiStone purchases.

Digimon Links full international launch was on October 4th, 2017, running concurrently (with different servers) as the game it was based on from Japan, Digimon Linkz, so it will be shutting down a bit before it's 2nd anniversary.

Japanese players have almost concurrently started to report the same message showing up their version of the game.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

As mentioned above though, with Digimon ReArise coming soon, it's not a huge shock (in fact, we discussed it winding down on the most recent podcast.) And of course ReArise has been running for quite awhile in Japan at this point, so it shutting down there isn't that much of a surprise either.

A formal rollout for Digimon ReArise outside of Japan hasn't yet been announced, but with a closing date for Links set, an announcement soon seems likely.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Yeah I saw that coming tbh. Guess it had a good run.

At least they went out with a bang, made a new dragon. They'll prob both be added to ReArise.
    Last edited by Muur; 05-27-2019 at 12:49 AM.

Follow KiriGuy On Twitter
    Aw dang that sucks D:, But canít say I didnít see it coming.

I hope they give us access to old events before shutdown so we can get the event exclusive ultimates and megas we missed before

Follow ArkheStar On Twitter Add ArkheStar on Discord
    I'm pretty much dissapointed in Bandai, they could've given the player's more joy but what comes around, goes around....sadly (Will miss Links " : d)

Ain't got no mojo...
    I am going to the bank first thing when they open and demand a refund i have wasted more then a thousand dollars in this game and now they wanna shut down ive paid enough to have this game for life its only 50$ for a game in stores to own ive spend 35 tines over that royally pissed off right now

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I am going to the bank first thing when they open and demand a refund i have wasted more then a thousand dollars in this game and now they wanna shut down ive paid enough to have this game for life its only 50$ for a game in stores to own ive spend 35 tines over that royally pissed off right now
    With all due respect maybe there's a lesson to be learned here...

Ain't got no mojo... DragonicEmperor's Avatar
    Just when I finally decided to give this a try.

Guess I'll just wait till ReArise.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    There's a reason why a lot of people are F2P for these kind of games.

Follow Chortos-2 On Twitter Add Chortos-2 on Discord
    To clear it up: Japanís Digimon Linkz is also officially shutting down on the same date (30 July), but the time of day is not given. Some in-game events are listed as ending at 23:59 on that day, which is 15 hours after the global server shuts down.

It had a good run, Iím surprised it lasted as long as it did. I didnít really like this game but liked the Digimon they made for it a lot!

Ah, well, there it goes. Can't say I'm sad to see it go, but I'll always be grateful to it for my new dragons. Hopefully they can successfully migrate into the rest of the franchise soon. Here's to hoping ReArise is more geared towards...just being a decent game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast