With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digimon Links is Shutting Down at the End of July

Even if the game isnít objectively good they could have got a bit more out of it just by adding the models that are still left over from HM and Next 0rder...
    My personal assumption was that with a few more updates adding a bunch of HM lines they would sustain it until around the end of the year and shut it down at that point.
    It just feels like a bit of a waste in general, especially if you consider left out stuff like them never doing anything with that Scumon Daiou model and that theyhad the Hybrid level in their Digimon Library since forever but now it will mostly likely end without any hybrid Digimon ever being implemented.

We'll see if rearise can replace it but while it looks like a better game in many aspects I'm not too sure that it will stick around for quite as long. That Linkz didnít have much of a story was very exploitable in terms of basic longevity since it had a simple gameplay loop they could just stuff whatever Digimon into.
    But how long can rearise even last? With the introduction of Herrismonís Ultimate itís clearly nearing the climax of its story in Japan after only about one year and as a game based around those specific characters how long can it go on when their arcs are finished and their evolines are complete? They might start a new arc or something like that but honestly it doesn't seem like the most extensible universe. And being heavier focused on the story means people will get annoyed more quickly if there's ever a drought of story content.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I am going to the bank first thing when they open and demand a refund i have wasted more then a thousand dollars in this game and now they wanna shut down ive paid enough to have this game for life its only 50$ for a game in stores to own ive spend 35 tines over that royally pissed off right now
    Perhaps a little research into how those kinds of games usually operate would have helped to put things into perspective. Unless it's something gigantic like hearthstone (and even that won't last forever) you're not getting anything "for life" with a phone game.
    Last edited by Theigno; 05-27-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I am going to the bank first thing when they open and demand a refund i have wasted more then a thousand dollars in this game and now they wanna shut down ive paid enough to have this game for life its only 50$ for a game in stores to own ive spend 35 tines over that royally pissed off right now
    kinda your fault. Mobile games always close after a few years.

I tried to get into it a few times (even rerolled an account the most recent time) but there was just too many barriers to progress, and the core gameplay wasn't that fun. I'm not against C2P/P2P in general if I'm having a good time (you're not paying for a final product, you're paying for an experience, which is a personal evaluation), but this one could never quite grab me. I loved the overall design and aesthetic, but that wasn't enough.

Still, I hope people enjoyed it, and it's still sad to see it go. Looking forward to ReArise, anyway.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Well we all saw this coming since ReArise was announced for an International launch. To be honest, I think Linkz has offered its best at this point and it's time to let it go. As much as I was a hard player from Heroes!, I must admit Linkz will always mean a step up when it comes to Digimon videogames for Smartphones, so its legacy wil be up for the fans as forever. Also, it was entertaining at some point and brought a new human character and two brand-new dragons to the family.

Not it's time to ReArise!

I come from the net
    Kind of sucks but let's hope they'll just add everything to ReArise.

tbh I only wound up using it as a 3D model viewer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12