With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: English Digimon 20th Anniversary V-Pet Info, Images, and Updates

English Digimon 20th Anniversary V-Pet Info, Images, and Updates

Updates!

With info having drip-feeded for nearly half a year from vague to more solid, and with us having gotten some additional info and images from Bandai, a general catchup article seeded warranted for the upcoming English release of the Digimon 20th Anniversary V-Pet.

The new English V-Pets are equivalent to the Digital Monster Version 20th released a few years in Japan (with anything necessary in English.) The new V-Pets should have all the features the Japanese release did, minus the ability to output passwords to use in the D-1 Grand Prix online tournaments. They 'should' have the same Digimon also, but until more people get their hands on them to run through them, we aren't sure of that.

The US release of these will be $20 and be available from Gamestop, Amazon, and other retailers.

Pre-Orders in the US as of the time of this posting are only available so far IN STORE at Gamestop. You have to go to the store, and give them the SKU 191562. At that point you can pay the full price, or put down $5. They may refer to it as 'Digimon Digivice' and/or simply 'Digivice'. Various Bandai documentation is using these terms, and Bandai was using the name even in response to questions I sent them. This is the correct item. We expect it to be listed online at Gamestop and other stores soon. Pre-purchasing in store it isn't clear if you get a random color, or if you choose at time of pickup which you want.

Update- Easy US pre-orders at now available at Amazon.com (affiliate link.)

In Canada, EBGames Canada currently has them up for $30 each, chosen randomly.

In Australia, EBGames Australia 'had' them up yesterday for $38, but the page has since been taken down. It will likely go back up soon. GameTraders also has them up for $30. Update- JB Hi-Fi has added them for $34, with each color having it's own listing (Brown, Gray, Blue, Yellow.)

Information about other English speaking territories are not available at the time.

The release date has been different based on where you look, Bandai says they should begin to show up in early July for the US.

The 4 colors for the English release Bandai is calling Brick, Gray, Blue and Yellow.

The 5 Japanese colors were Brown, Gray, Omegamon (White), Alphamon (Black), and Zubamon (Gold.)

Our Brick is the same color as the Japanese Brown (the red one with brown on secondary elements. Some places are calling this 'Brown' in the English release also.) Gray is the same color as it was in Japan. Blue and Yellow are colors that were used in the original release, but not in the Japanese 20th release.

The EBGames Australia listing when it was up apparently specified an exclusive egg for each. The 5 Japanese 20th V-Pets each had an exclusive egg. When asked about the special eggs, how they may work, and if there might be a 5th release (possibly as a con exclusive) the response from Bandai was they are releasing 4 colors with no further clarification on anything related to special eggs.

A watermarked version of the manual to the new English V-Pet can be found here. It goes over various details and is largely what you would expect for an English version of the 20th V-Pet. If you plan to get one reading over it ahead of time will likely be helpful.

We have a thread for discussion of the new V-Pets, where you can also get help once they are out. The thread can be found here.

Thanks to Bandai for the images and info, and Tama-Palace for the manual and some prior info.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I have a several doubt in here, were Coronamon, Lunamon & Meicoomon available too in the early Japanese Ver.20th Version (Brown & Grey), or they were only exclusives in the second wave releases (Omegamon, Alphamon & Zubamon) because I cannot recall at the moment and to be honest this is paramount to me when deciding if buy online any of these or not. I recall in their Tumblr Q&A page there was stated that it will be more than 116 raisable pets (as they call it). I guess we can expect not to have any Jogresses though...not today Grace Novamon, not today.

Interestingly enough, the V-Pet manual is not only in English, but also in Spanish & French (yaay!).

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Add Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    I have a several doubt in here, were Coronamon, Lunamon & Meicoomon available too in the early Japanese Ver.20th Version (Brown & Grey), or they were only exclusives in the second wave releases (Omegamon, Alphamon & Zubamon) because I cannot recall at the moment and to be honest this is paramount to me when deciding if buy online any of these or not. I recall in their Tumblr Q&A page there was stated that it will be more than 116 raisable pets (as they call it). I guess we can expect not to have any Jogresses though...not today Grace Novamon, not today.

Interestingly enough, the V-Pet manual is not only in English, but also in Spanish & French (yaay!).
    Coronamon, Lunamon, and Meicoomon were exclusives for the 2nd wave pets. The special "anime-line" Agumon and Gabumon were the exclusives for the 1st wave pets.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Update to the news for those in Australia. JB Hi-Fi has added separate listings for each color V-Pet.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

"When asked about the special eggs, how they may work, and if there might be a 5th release (possibly as a con exclusive) the response from Bandai was they are releasing 4 colors with no further clarification on anything related to special eggs." Now, what are the chance that the exclusive egg is also randomize? Lol.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post

Coronamon, Lunamon, and Meicoomon were exclusives for the 2nd wave pets. The special "anime-line" Agumon and Gabumon were the exclusives for the 1st wave pets.

We should also add that while Agumon and Gabumon were available as wave 1 exclusives, they could be given as eggs when connecting the wave 1 with either the black, white or gold wave 2's.
    And that the wave 2's could give the wave 1's three exclusives themselves (Digimon I don't remember the names of). To be more specific it looks like the brown one can give Agumon and the grey one can give you Gabumon.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    If the colours are being sold randomly, I doubt people will be too happy if the exclusive egg they want is on a colour they didn't get. I'm guessing that we'll either get all five eggs on each one, or none of them.

Hoping for some news from Bandai UK >.>;

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanadianGeek View Post
    We should also add that while Agumon and Gabumon were available as wave 1 exclusives, they could be given as eggs when connecting the wave 1 with either the black, white or gold wave 2's.
    And that the wave 2's could give the wave 1's three exclusives themselves (Digimon I don't remember the names of). To be more specific it looks like the brown one can give Agumon and the grey one can give you Gabumon.

If you are referring to the Japanese Ver.20ths this information is false, the only egg gained by connecting Wave 1s and 2s is Dorumon while Meicoomon, Lunamon, Coronamon, Agumon (Anime), and Gabumon (Anime) were exclusive to their respective devices.

I am wondering if the new releases will have the Wave 1 versions of the Dracomon eggs or the Wave 2 versions that allow a branch evolution to Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon.

Ain't got no mojo...

Smile

If you are referring to the Japanese Ver.20ths this information is false, the only egg gained by connecting Wave 1s and 2s is Dorumon while Meicoomon, Lunamon, Coronamon, Agumon (Anime), and Gabumon (Anime) were exclusive to their respective devices.

I am wondering if the new releases will have the Wave 1 versions of the Dracomon eggs or the Wave 2 versions that allow a branch evolution to Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression after seeing this that you could get wave 1 Agumon as an egg in your wave 2 device. Sorry then.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/digimon/com...owth_guide_v2/
    Last edited by KhanadianGeek; 05-24-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Follow AKluthe On Twitter Add AKluthe on Facebook Add AKluthe on DeviantArt
    I'm surprised how out of touch Bandai America seems to be with their own brand in this manual. "DigiMon", "DigiMons", the way they sub in "Digivice" where it would normally say "Digital Monster" or "virtual pet" in the fan community...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast