With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on a season focusing on the X antibody or Olympos XII

Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar

What are your thoughts on a season focusing on the X antibody or Olympos XII

Does anyone else want a series that focuses on Digimon with X-antibody or the Olympos XII? Some of the XII have made appearances, but not the group as whole, and I think they would make an interesting plot device for a season, as either allies or antagonists. A series where people are partnered with X antibody Digimon seem cool to me too. Just want to know how others feel about this. (And how likely Toei is to actually implement said ideas, as we already got X-Evolution).

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I would prefer The Olympos, since I don't really like X forms, although since they said theyre likely going to make a game based on the Olympos, I prefer that over a season of either.

So I guess if I was offered X game or anime and O game or anime, I would choose X anime and O game.

I think the Korean detailed Digimo wouldn't be done justice. They're just so detailed.

Iím a sucker for the X-Antibody forms but like people have said their excess complexity would make animation hard. Maybe if it was a CGI show like X-Evolution it could work though.

Yeah, X-Evolution's CGI was surprisingly good for the time it was made. The X forms also look really good in 3d Games, its like they were designed with CGI in mind.

Ain't got no mojo... DragonicEmperor's Avatar
    I'd love it if the Olympos could finally get some proper love! I just hate that they get the shaft all the time while the Royal Knights get more and more.

While the Olympos have the more interesting designs by far.

I come from the net
    I think I have an idea working for just this sort of thing. I know I did one for the Banchos.

This would be a really good idea what with the new Digital Monster X pets coming out. I've always wanted to see more X-antibody mons than the X Evolution movie. Maybe tie-in the 4 page comic that was made for the pet, too or has that been done already (I honestly don't remember much of X Evo movie)?

For X-Antibodies, maybe as a video game, but I don't know if a series would really work. As people have pointed out, most X-Antibody Digimon don't lend themselves well to animation. The best I can realistically imagine is having new, less-complex designs that are natural X-Antibody carriers, though that might defeat the purpose of having them at all. Perhaps a comic if some brave artist was willing.

For the Olympos XII, I feel like you'd have to have them as the group, with their story, for there to be a meaning in finally having them all together. On top of that, it's actually more limiting than X-Antibodies, story-wise, as while you can make new X-Antibody Digimon (natural and mutated), the Olympos are already a complete group. I would, again, suggest a video game here, especially if they can finally go all out on a fully realized console game, instead of the Vita-sized ones.

I see what your saying, but I do think the Olympos XII would lend themselves better to anime, even if they arent the main focus of it. Im just tired of having only one or two Olympos appear and the group not being mentioned at all in the anime. The royal knights are a similar group, and theyve been done fairly well in both the anime and games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast