With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 51 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam

Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

After months and months of teasing and a whole lot of confusion, we FINALLY have a good idea of what the English Digital Monster pet releasing this year will be! Here's what we know so far:

The above information has been provided by several users, with a bulk of the initially known information coming from Tamapalace, which their site can be found here: https://tamapalace.tumblr.com/. Thanks to DarkTamer Steph for contacting them to get as many details as possible.

The last time we got an actual Digimon Vpet released in North America was the original Digital Monster, so it's been over 20 years since we've had an official release! Those of you who have held off on getting a Vpet because of annoying importing costs and price gouging, you can now just buy one! No word on other regions yet, but at 20 USD, this device will at least be much cheaper to import from the US than the original DM20 was from Japan.

Support this release, fellow Digidestined! If you do, we might be able to show Bandai that the rest of the world still likes Digimon pets!
    Last edited by humulos; 07-26-2019 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Updating with most current information
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th • Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th • Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

Ain't got no mojo... bludragon1220's Avatar
    Woooohooooo!!!! I can'twait until release for these guys. Sucks we don't get our own D-1, but that is good news for 0NL1NE since I won't have to worry about any "official" competition

I come from the net DarkTamer Steph's Avatar
    Add DarkTamer Steph on Facebook
    They report leaving the clock on "set" effectively pauses the device!

Edit: Just kidding, they didn't realize it wasn't the case.
    Last edited by DarkTamer Steph; 05-20-2019 at 07:41 PM.

I haven't bought a Digimon electronic since my D-Tector V1 in 2002, but I don't think I can pass this up. I hope it does well enough to encourage more releases at these super-reasonable prices.
    Procrastinator (n)-A person who

(Signature to be finished later)

Follow crait On Twitter Add crait on Steam
    Speaking of the D-Tector, can you send over your Digimon to it to get its info like you could on the D-3?

I wish there was a New Zealand option. That Australian one doesn't seem to offer shipping outside of Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by crait View Post
    Speaking of the D-Tector, can you send over your Digimon to it to get its info like you could on the D-3?
    Are you talking about sending the Digimon to the D-Terminal? If so, I think that only worked with the US Digivices. I'm not sure what the compatibility of the Japanese version is.

Also! The entire manual has been released by Tamapalace! You can view it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Up7...J3x0lhRQh/view

Interesting note: they refer to the device as a DigiVice several times, so that won't be confusing at all :-P
    Digitama Hatchery

No word I take it on if these will be able to communicate with any of the new Japanese devices?

I would be surprised if they didn't, personally. At the very least, the original battle codes should still work to communicate between devices, but whether the Japanese DM20 will work for actual 20th battles, we'll have to see.
    Digitama Hatchery

Follow crait On Twitter Add crait on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    Interesting note: they refer to the device as a DigiVice several times, so that won't be confusing at all :-P
    They also refer to multiple Digimon as "Digimons." Not sure this translation had a lot of love put into it... :-/

EDIT: They also sometimes call them "DigiMons."
    Last edited by crait; 05-23-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Page 1 of 51 123411 ... LastLast