With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    You can't battle your Digimon against each other, but you CAN battle the 200 preprogrammed encounters included on the device itself. These battles count for evolution, and unless you want the version exclusive egg (which, the version exclusive egg is not THAT great, the best part of the device is the original 5 eggs, so no big loss if you can't get it), you can get the full experience with ONE device, you do NOT need a second one unless you really just want to battle another device. I recently got Omegamon Alter-S with no issues by raising my left and right Digimon together, and not once did they connect to another device.
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Yup. The built-in battles are an absolute godsend on this new version

Ah awesome. Never really liked Gabumon anyway.
    Do you guys by chance know the characters you get with the Gray, blue and brown Digimons by chance?

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowsocks View Post
    Ah awesome. Never really liked Gabumon anyway.
    Do you guys by chance know the characters you get with the Gray, blue and brown Digimons by chance?
    Grey is Gabumon again, Brown and Blue are Agumon. Another linear line based on his anime counterpart.

Another Australian jumping in here, got my devices a few days back!

Making a few observations for the curious beyond what is already known:
    Dorumon's egg does not appear to be unlockable in the english versions; I tried pairing my blue english device with the japanese wave 2 Zubamon one and no egg unlocked.
    In fact, the Zubamon device also didn't seem to be able to send Copymon to the english device, either. Both toys merely displayed "Retry" when attempting a connection. (The reverse worked perfectly, however, so I'm unsure if that's merely because the gold unit is in Debug mode.)
    Connecting the english device to the japanese wave 1 devices worked perfectly both ways, and I copied over my trusty Rust Tyrannomon from it, so that isn't an issue.

Connecting five devices is still the requirement for the anime eggs, so that's no different.

And no changes have taken place in regards to the time required for evolution, so time spent sleeping still doesn't count, unfortunately.

The difficulties that I had connecting the wave 2 japanese devices to the english devices (and the modifications to the underlying hardware that has removed the switches for versions and debug mode) gives me some fear that they don't intend to make the other eggs available at all, if they even still exist in the programming of the toy.

That said Bandai did two waves of releases with the english anniversary Tamagotchi toys, so perhaps I'm jumping too far ahead.

Anyway, hope that info is useful to those awaiting their devices!

Well that's a bummer. That would mean they had to outright block signals with Wave 2 identifiers in them, which is insane, and I can only imagine the reason for doing so being that they were too lazy to translate the remaining Digimon.
    Digitama Hatchery

Yeah, strikes me as a little odd they've gone to that length to avoid translating a few strings!

The units don't broadcast that they're in debug mode and act any differently in those cases, right?
    I can't claim to be an expert on how the actual communication takes place.
    If they don't, then yes they seem to have blocked the signals - if anyone else has received an english device and also possesses a japanese wave 2 toy and would like to try sending a Copymon to the english Ver.20th and reporting what happens, it would be wonderful to have a second confirmation.

Regardless of the cut corners (It is tragic we aren't getting our own D1 Grand Prix), I'm just glad a v-pet has been released outside of Japan for the first time in forever.
    They seem to have sold out of their first shipment here nigh on instantaneously, so hopefully that bodes well in encouraging Bandai to bring more over in future.

Nah, the signal does not say whether or not it's debugged, so it would just have to tell via version. When I get mine next week (hopefully?) I'll try as well, with both a wave 2 and wave 1 Japanese version (my wave 1s are debugged).
    Digitama Hatchery

Ah, then I am fairly certain they must have excluded compatibility with Wave 2 signals.

Nonetheless I'll be interested to see what results you get!

Ain't got no mojo...
    That's so crazy, considering there's literally no text needed to bring the eggs onto the device. I don't understand why they didn't just put the same exact software in the US colors. Oh well, at least I don't have to eat my heart out over not being able to unlock Dorumon without a $100 device. My OCD was driving me crazy, and now that I know it's just one unlockable egg, I feel a lot better.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast