With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Isuke View Post
    I'm considering skipping this set since i've already completed the full digimon album list in all the 20th Japanese device.
    Is there any version exclusive egg for this new Eng release that i might miss out on?
    While there hasn't been any confirmation one way or the other on what the exclusive eggs actually are, I personally doubt that any new Digimon will be added to the devices beyond those already on the Japanese versions. You can bet several people in the community will be debugging their devices on day one (myself included) to know for sure.
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Isuke View Post
    I'm considering skipping this set since i've already completed the full digimon album list in all the 20th Japanese device.
    Is there any version exclusive egg for this new Eng release that i might miss out on?
    While there hasn't been any confirmation one way or the other on what the exclusive eggs actually are, I personally doubt that any new Digimon will be added to the devices beyond those already on the Japanese versions. You can bet several people in the community will be debugging their devices on day one (myself included) to know for sure.
    From what I have been reading, all shell colors will be able to hatch all available Digimon. So there will not be any exclusive eggs\Mons.

While that's not impossible, there have been listings that have stated that the different versions have exclusive Digimon. At the moment, we really don't have a lot of conclusive information about this device, which is nuts considering it could be launching any day now (or August or who knows when, since we've seen a lot of different release dates given lol)
    Digitama Hatchery

Ain't got no mojo...
    Hi everyone, I literally just registered because I ordered two of these from Amazon yesterday. I haven't had a Digimon virtual pet since '97, so the fact that we're getting this super awesome one with even more monsters than before and the ability to battle NPC's, raise 2 Digimon etc is so exciting and staggering. Reading through the threads, I have a question. How can you tell which Digimon is which? Some of them, like Agumon or Betamon, are obvious, but some of these could be any number of characters. Is there another chart with their names, or is everyone here just such a Digimon lover that you can tell them at a glance? The instruction booklet certainly doesn't help! Thanks.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Loke View Post
    Hi everyone, I literally just registered because I ordered two of these from Amazon yesterday. I haven't had a Digimon virtual pet since '97, so the fact that we're getting this super awesome one with even more monsters than before and the ability to battle NPC's, raise 2 Digimon etc is so exciting and staggering. Reading through the threads, I have a question. How can you tell which Digimon is which? Some of them, like Agumon or Betamon, are obvious, but some of these could be any number of characters. Is there another chart with their names, or is everyone here just such a Digimon lover that you can tell them at a glance? The instruction booklet certainly doesn't help! Thanks.
    https://wikimon.net/Digital_Monster_Ver.20th

this "should" be the full list, and if you hover over each sprite itll say who the digimon is

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    https://wikimon.net/Digital_Monster_Ver.20th

this "should" be the full list, and if you hover over each sprite itll say who the digimon is
    Thanks so much for that! I knew it had to be something obvious. I've been clicking and reading around on here for the past day or so, and it looks like our 4 colors don't match up with any of the Japanese versions. I'm starting to think it's very likely that we won't get any of the exclusive eggs. There's no way we'd have one less color than Japan or get all 5 eggs obtainable in each device. I'm happy that even without though, there are still plenty of eggs and Digimon to obtain and raise!

Ain't got no mojo...
    Hey there, just signed up, been lurking without an account for ages. Not 100% sure this is the right thread but i figure it fits either here or the pendulum ver.20th thread.

Anyway, does anybody else think that the Pendulum ver.20th could get a western release after the regular v-pet ver.20th comes out? I mean I get that the original pendulum never really came out in the west so they wouldn't be able to bank on nostalgia anywhere near as much but this english release seems to me like a testing of the waters for the foreign market, like bandai is just checking if further releases would be profitable. The lack of fanfare and just information in general (and the poor/inconsistent translation on that pre-release manual we saw) feels like they're trying to get it done quick and cheap so if it doesn't pan out they won't lose too much.

If it does pan out though, stuff like the internal jumper on the pendulum 20th that changes the names to english makes it seem like they not only thought of bringing it over at some point in the design process, but that if the v-pet 20th sells well enough they could give it a western release inexpensively, and do it relatively soon after the v-pet 20th's launch.

What do you guys think? Too hopeful?
    Last edited by bobwoggle; 07-03-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobwoggle View Post
    Hey there, just signed up, been lurking without an account for ages. Not 100% sure this is the right thread but i figure it fits either here or the pendulum ver.20th thread.

Anyway, does anybody else think that the Pendulum ver.20th could get a western release after the regular v-pet ver.20th comes out? I mean I get that the original pendulum never really came out in the west so they wouldn't be able to bank on nostalgia anywhere near as much but this english release seems to me like a testing of the waters for the foreign market, like bandai is just checking if further releases would be profitable. The lack of fanfare and just information in general (and the poor/inconsistent translation on that pre-release manual we saw) feels like they're trying to get it done quick and cheap so if it doesn't pan out they won't lose too much.

If it does pan out though, stuff like the internal jumper on the pendulum 20th that changes the names to english makes it seem like they not only thought of bringing it over at some point in the design process, but that if the v-pet 20th sells well enough they could give it a western release inexpensively, and do it relatively soon after the v-pet 20th's launch.

What do you guys think? Too hopeful?
    Yeah they DEFINITELY had initially planned for a full English release. Possibly for the US, possibly for SEA, but you don't load in over 200 English names just for the heck of it.

The Digital Monster X kind of dashed my expectations for western releases at all, as it seems Bandai is perfectly happy to just let fans outside of Japan import. The fact that all the menus were in English is what really made me think that they would stick to Japan only for these releases, as it meets us halfway. The Pen20 was in English because the original Pendulums were, the DMX had no such prerequisite, and in fact I thought it would be Japanese just because it was playing up the fact that it was based on the original bricks.

All in all, I just say, don't get your hopes up. Digimon pets skipped American audiences for over 20 years, and since the original Digital Monsters came in on the wind of the Tamagotchi, it doesn't hold the kind of nostalgia dominance that Tamagotchi does. No one outside of hardcore Digimon fans even know what a Digimon Pendulum is, so it'd be an even harder sell that the DM20e. These English pets coming are very much a test, and hopefully we pass. To help it happen, keep shouting to all of your friends to buy them! If we drain the stocks, then MAYBE Bandai will want to open vpets back up over here in a bigger way.

IN OTHER NEWS

It looks like while we do have four colors of devices coming, they are only two versions. The Navy device has the Anime Agumon as an exclusive egg, while the Yellow device has Anime Gabumon. The Brown and Gray devices almost definitely have the same exclusives respectively. A twitter user I spoke with opened their devices up, and unlike the Japanese devices, these ones only had ONE JP connector, namely JP4. JP4 was the connector used to determine Brown or Gray on the Japanese release, so that lines up perfectly, and the user did verify those egg unlocks. This does mean, however, that we cannot activate Debug mode via soldering connections, nor can we version switch to the Alphamon, Zubamon or Omegamon colors. All other connections on the English Device were identical to those on the Japanese, so it's not a matter of the connections being renamed, they were simply removed. While I'd like to think they were paying attention to the fan community and wanted to prevent us from hacking, I feel it may be a matter of them just deciding those connections were not necessary, so they didn't bother to include them on the new boards that were made (the English boards are quite different from the Japanese ones in terms of structure).

Note that this doesn't mean we won't get a wave two, but I do personally think it makes it less likely since they would not be able to reuse the exact same boards.
    Digitama Hatchery

Ain't got no mojo...
    This whole situation reminds me of the Digimon World Redigitize/Cyber Sleuth debacle. I was part of a Facebook group that wrote letters, signed petitions, and otherwise begged Bandai Namco to localize these games for the 3DS. Eventually the company released a statement acknowledging our fandom, and announced the localization of...Digimon All-stars rumble, an unpolished, poorly developed and conceived 3d tournament fighter. This felt like a test, so I dutifully went and spent the $60 dollars in hopes of seeing a real Digimon rpg. Years later, now playing Cyber Sleuth on ps4 feels bittersweet. I had to wait years before I played it because I had to get a whole new console just to play a dated game.

Anyway, at least this time I'm actually excited to get one of these V-Pets. I know most of is are buying at least 2, so hopefully we get more Digimon stuff in the future. Humulos, are you saying that the new English V-pets all have Gabumon/Agumon as their exclusive egg? I have the red and the yellow coming.

Follow Hanbei On Twitter
    are you saying that the new English V-pets all have Gabumon/Agumon as their exclusive egg? I have the red and the yellow coming.
    Yep. That means you should end up with an Anime Agumon egg on your red and a Anime Gabumon egg on your yellow.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast