With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 388

Thread: Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

  1. #11
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,402
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by crait View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    Interesting note: they refer to the device as a DigiVice several times, so that won't be confusing at all :-P
    They also refer to multiple Digimon as "Digimons." Not sure this translation had a lot of love put into it... :-/
    So does Tri, Cyber Sleuth, Hacker's Memory, and Next Order.

  2. #12
    Ain't got no mojo... Jomolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthechuck3 View Post
    No word I take it on if these will be able to communicate with any of the new Japanese devices?
    From page 17 of the manual:

    "THE FOLLOWING DIGIVICES CAN CONNECT:
    -Digital Monster DigiVice (released in 1997)
    -DigiVice Ver.15th (released in 2015)
    -D-3 DigiVice Ver.15th (released in 2016)
    -Digital Monster Ver.20th DigiVice (released in 2017 in Japan,
    2019 in other markets)

    *Refer to each DigiVices manual for specific device instructions.
    *All DigiVices may not be compatible with each other.
    *Copied DigiMons are only compatible with the Ver. 20th DigiVice."

    Unfortunately no mention of the X, possibly because it was a Japan exclusive? (but so was the Ver.15th, so I dunno...)

  3. #13
    Ain't got no mojo... bludragon1220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    NY, USA
    Age
    18
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomolo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthechuck3 View Post
    No word I take it on if these will be able to communicate with any of the new Japanese devices?
    From page 17 of the manual:

    "THE FOLLOWING DIGIVICES CAN CONNECT:
    -Digital Monster DigiVice (released in 1997)
    -DigiVice Ver.15th (released in 2015)
    -D-3 DigiVice Ver.15th (released in 2016)
    -Digital Monster Ver.20th DigiVice (released in 2017 in Japan,
    2019 in other markets)

    *Refer to each DigiVices manual for specific device instructions.
    *All DigiVices may not be compatible with each other.
    *Copied DigiMons are only compatible with the Ver. 20th DigiVice."

    Unfortunately no mention of the X, possibly because it was a Japan exclusive? (but so was the Ver.15th, so I dunno...)
    The X has the original Digital Monster's battle system included under "OTHER", so it should be able to connect. Based on the fact that the Pendulum Ver.20th wasn't mentioned either Bandai likely just omitted devices that will hopefully be released here later. The Pendulum Ver.20th had english names, so we may be seeing that one fairly soon as well.

  4. #14
    I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,670
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    So TamaPalace confirmed we are getting more than 115 mons in this device. If we follow up by this chart, 70 original mons + 10 new Ultimate forms + 25 regular DigiEggs (Dracomon, Hackmon, Zubamon, DORUmon) = 105. We can also have the extra 4 mons from the Special Anime DigiEggs (Agumon, Gabumon) + 16 Special DigiEggs (Coronamon, Meicoomon, Lunamon) + 5 Jogress (Omegamon, Alter-S, Examon, RustTyranomon, GraceNovamon). The total amount would be 135 mons, so I wouldn't be shocked if they decide to include all of them!

  5. #15
    Junior Commander Gigamon23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Age
    29
    Posts
    396
    Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Add Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Didn't the original Japanese run include the unobtainable enemies in their character count, though? If I count correctly, all the Digimon you can obtain without connection requirements, as well as the enemy Digimon, add up to about 127.

    "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

  6. #16
    Ain't got no mojo... TBC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    10
    Question for those who've had the Japanese 20th, in the manual posted it says when your digimon dies naturally you get another egg. You can change the design of this egg correct? Also is the preset design of this egg random or is it always something like the original digimon's egg design?
    Let the world be harmonic once again
    Onto the sterling future.

  7. #17
    Junior Commander humulos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Battery Saving
    Posts
    348
    Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by TBC1 View Post
    Question for those who've had the Japanese 20th, in the manual posted it says when your digimon dies naturally you get another egg. You can change the design of this egg correct? Also is the preset design of this egg random or is it always something like the original digimon's egg design?
    You start off with a V1 egg, which hatches into Botamon. After you reach Child level, you will be able to pick from one of 5 eggs, V1-V5, aka the original Digital Monster eggs. Every time a Digimon dies, you will pick a new one of these. The designs for each version are consistent, no randomness involved. As you battle, connect and raise new Digimon, you will unlock additional eggs beyond the first 5, all of which follow straight line evolutions.
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?


  8. #18
    Ain't got no mojo... TBC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    You start off with a V1 egg, which hatches into Botamon. After you reach Child level, you will be able to pick from one of 5 eggs, V1-V5, aka the original Digital Monster eggs. Every time a Digimon dies, you will pick a new one of these. The designs for each version are consistent, no randomness involved. As you battle, connect and raise new Digimon, you will unlock additional eggs beyond the first 5, all of which follow straight line evolutions.
    Ok thank you. Just to make sure when your original V1 egg dies naturally the egg that is given before you change the version is always going to be say a V1, it won't for example sometimes be V2 or a special egg or a random egg version (You can still change the egg of course but will the initial egg given be consistently one version?) I'm wondering if I raise say the first egg to a natural death, don't change the design of the egg and continue to do so for 3 times, the eggs will always be the same as if I were to do the same thing with another 20th. It won't for example starting with the V1, end with V3 for one VPet and end with V5 for the other if I never change the initial egg version after a natural death.
    Let the world be harmonic once again
    Onto the sterling future.

  9. #19
    Ain't got no mojo... SparkGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Everett, Washington
    Age
    22
    Posts
    44
    I pre-ordered the English version coming out through Gamestop. Will I be able to get Coronamon on any of them? Does the color I own actually matter to my gameplay or only matter to other people?

  10. #20
    Junior Commander humulos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Battery Saving
    Posts
    348
    Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by TBC1 View Post
    Ok thank you. Just to make sure when your original V1 egg dies naturally the egg that is given before you change the version is always going to be say a V1, it won't for example sometimes be V2 or a special egg or a random egg version (You can still change the egg of course but will the initial egg given be consistently one version?) I'm wondering if I raise say the first egg to a natural death, don't change the design of the egg and continue to do so for 3 times, the eggs will always be the same as if I were to do the same thing with another 20th. It won't for example starting with the V1, end with V3 for one VPet and end with V5 for the other if I never change the initial egg version after a natural death.
    No matter what, when your Digimon dies, you choose a new egg at that point. Once you get to the egg selection screen, the egg that appears first will be the V1 egg, unless you just unlocked something else, in which case the new egg will appear instead. The egg designs themselves never change, and they look like this:


    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?


Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •