With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

Ain't got no mojo... DigiCollect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curio View Post
    Thanks. How do go back and forth between digimon when you have a second one?
    Use the C button (lowest of the 3 buttons). You can go from one to the other, and also set it scrolled directly between the 2. If between the 2, the animation when you feed them or clean up after them is super adorable!

is the first Digimon egg you get randomized or is it always Botamon?

Quote Originally Posted by SparkGold View Post
    is the first Digimon egg you get randomized or is it always Botamon?
    This ( https://humulos.com/digimon/dm20/english/ ) makes it look like it's Botamon.
    Last edited by DigiCollect; 07-31-2019 at 05:20 AM. Reason: fix detail on link

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthechuck3 View Post
    Question. I know the nap function only lasts 3 hours. Is there any other way to pause these devices? The old method on the original 90's devices still works right (leaving the time on set mode once their asleep)? Is there no better way to pause these? I really got spoiled on the Freezer function on the Pen20s, lol. Would it be advisable to maybe even put the device in reset mode at the time I might want to pause it each day and then just load the save when I want it to go again, or is the "save" too hit or miss?
    To be 100% honest with you, I've never tested this. There is no pause, that much is certain, but whether staying on time-set while they are asleep works like a pause, I'm not certain. I'll give it a try and let you know! I'm also not super clear on when saves occur, but it may be as frequent as every time the screen turns off. Either way, I don't think you need to go that extreme. You can always just set the clock to 3 hours before your Digimon's sleep time, put in a nap and then change the clock back when you have time that day. That will give you at least 10 hours of pause time.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCollect View Post
    I'm aiming for a Pinochimon. While presently at Gazimon from a version 5 egg, how do I move forward to the required Raremon? It's requirement "Other Conditions Not Met," is leaving me a little uncertain how to proceed.
    For those requirements, you want to look at the requirements for everything else, and see what's leftover. In your example, you have Gazimon. 0-2 care mistakes and any amount of training is covered by Dark Tyranomon and Devidramon, and since overfeed isn't listed as a requirement for them, it doesn't matter with 2 or fewer mistakes. 3+ care mistakes, 5+ trainings and 3+ overfeed are covered by Cyclomon and Tuskmon. So now we look at what's missing. 3+ care mistakes with 0-4 training isn't covered, and 3+ care mistakes with 0-2 overfeed isn't covered, so raising Gazimon like that will result in Raremon. Historically speaking, we list the requirement as "Other Conditions Not Met" because otherwise there are too many requirements to cleanly list for both Digimon, so instead you focus on what the other adult levels require and just make sure you don't meet any of those requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Antronthemighty View Post
    Okay this is gonna sound bad but does anyone know the quickest way to make a Digimon die..? I want to raise both at the same rate not staggered
    On this device the fastest way would be to get it sick (losing battles is the easiest way, but if you're anything like me, and considering how many times these Digimon poop your mon is probably sick right now from pooping too much) and then let it remain sick for 6 hours. This will kill it. Getting 20 sicknesses or 20 care mistakes will also do it, but that may take longer depending on how powerful your Digimon is.
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCollect View Post
    I'm aiming for a Pinochimon. While presently at Gazimon from a version 5 egg, how do I move forward to the required Raremon? It's requirement "Other Conditions Not Met," is leaving me a little uncertain how to proceed.
    For those requirements, you want to look at the requirements for everything else, and see what's leftover. In your example, you have Gazimon. 0-2 care mistakes and any amount of training is covered by Dark Tyranomon and Devidramon, and since overfeed isn't listed as a requirement for them, it doesn't matter with 2 or fewer mistakes. 3+ care mistakes, 5+ trainings and 3+ overfeed are covered by Cyclomon and Tuskmon. So now we look at what's missing. 3+ care mistakes with 0-4 training isn't covered, and 3+ care mistakes with 0-2 overfeed isn't covered, so raising Gazimon like that will result in Raremon. Historically speaking, we list the requirement as "Other Conditions Not Met" because otherwise there are too many requirements to cleanly list for both Digimon, so instead you focus on what the other adult levels require and just make sure you don't meet any of those requirements.
    Thank you! I knew it had to be a puzzle of the other digivolutions, but I just couldn't quite map it. How you laid it out and broke it down really made it all clear how to proceed on that one and like ones later! Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthechuck3 View Post
    Question. I know the nap function only lasts 3 hours. Is there any other way to pause these devices? The old method on the original 90's devices still works right (leaving the time on set mode once their asleep)? Is there no better way to pause these? I really got spoiled on the Freezer function on the Pen20s, lol. Would it be advisable to maybe even put the device in reset mode at the time I might want to pause it each day and then just load the save when I want it to go again, or is the "save" too hit or miss?
    To be 100% honest with you, I've never tested this. There is no pause, that much is certain, but whether staying on time-set while they are asleep works like a pause, I'm not certain. I'll give it a try and let you know! I'm also not super clear on when saves occur, but it may be as frequent as every time the screen turns off. Either way, I don't think you need to go that extreme. You can always just set the clock to 3 hours before your Digimon's sleep time, put in a nap and then change the clock back when you have time that day. That will give you at least 10 hours of pause time.
    Okay, thanks. Let me ask this then. So my biggest problem (as I mentioned) is that I have a new puppy. Luckily, I work a job that would allow me to bring them to work though. If I set the time to 3 hours before they sleep at 5PM (when I leave work), would I be able to set their time back to the beginning of their sleep cycle once I go to bed (around 9PM) and have them stay sleeping? Or is how long they sleep based on hours sleeping vs the clock time? Basically I'm looking to have 12 - 15 hours of pause time, lol.

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    You can keep changing the clock and have them asleep as long as you want, they will not wake up until 7:00 am hits.

EDIT: Can confirm, going to clock setting while asleep doesn't work, as the clock just sets itself after a minute.
    Last edited by humulos; 07-31-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

Add kensei on Discord Add kensei on Steam
    Only just found out about this yesterday and pre-ordered one on US Amazon as soon as I got back from work. Still hoping for a UK release, maybe in GAME or something, but at least it's possible to get hold of one!

I finally got mine today after preordering one at GameStop months ago! So excited to raise some Digimon again, I haven't played with a v-pet since my Pendulum Progress died a few years ago

So in case it matters to anyone, waking a digimon when it falls asleep adds one minute of time to sleep (as long as you woke it within that minute, of course). As an example, I hatched a Zubamon egg last night at 10.50pm, so when it reached in training at 11.00pm it fell asleep right away. Wanting Zubamon at 11.00am today I woke him a total of 8 times last night before finally allowing him to stay asleep at 1.00am. Expecting him to evolve at 11.00 I was confused at first when he evolved at 11.08am but then realized since I woke him 8 times those 8 instances of waking him count toward a full minute of sleep and as such do not count toward evolution time. Fun fact.
    Hello.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast