With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    I can confirm the above, battling on the device counts for anything a connection battle would count for, they are all treated equally.
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th ē Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th ē Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    No Meico, Corona & Luna #NoBuy. Sorry, not sorry. The best part when I dove into the Japanese one was getting to raise GraceNovamon. I would snatch instead the DMX Ver. 2 which I thought I'd spare for anytime in the near future.

Ain't got no mojo...
    So I played Tamagotchi when I was a kid. ALWAYS wanted a Digimon v-pet but if I recall correctly they were too expensive or my parents just thought they were stupid and wouldn't buy me one. Anyhow, I'm getting one of each color from Gamestop on Monda and I am so stoked.

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    No Meico, Corona & Luna #NoBuy. Sorry, not sorry. The best part when I dove into the Japanese one was getting to raise GraceNovamon. I would snatch instead the DMX Ver. 2 which I thought I'd spare for anytime in the near future.
    Yeah if you already have the Japanese versions, there's literally no logical reason to get these, especially if you aren't in one of the territories actually selling them. I'm only buying a bunch because I want to show support for more releases in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by QPCloudy View Post
    So I played Tamagotchi when I was a kid. ALWAYS wanted a Digimon v-pet but if I recall correctly they were too expensive or my parents just thought they were stupid and wouldn't buy me one. Anyhow, I'm getting one of each color from Gamestop on Monda and I am so stoked.
    One of each color?! You're really jumping back in! Hope you enjoy them, if you have questions about them, let us know!
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th ē Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th ē Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Yeah if you already have the Japanese versions, there's literally no logical reason to get these, especially if you aren't in one of the territories actually selling them. I'm only buying a bunch because I want to show support for more releases in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by QPCloudy View Post
    One of each color?! You're really jumping back in! Hope you enjoy them, if you have questions about them, let us know!
    Well, I am getting multiple so I can give one to my son and we can raise them together and battle. However, he is turning 8 and as a child his age is, he is not the most responsible. I completely expect him to eventually lose or break the one I give him. So, I want to make sure I still have backups before they are all sold out or have an astronomical price. I've noticed the Digimon hobby is considerably more expensive than Tamagotchi.

Ain't got no mojo... TheRedRanger's Avatar
    You're not wrong QP! It's certainly a pricier hobby than tamagotchi. But (imho) so much more with it hehe.

I hope he enjoys it! That's the dream - battling against a parent. :-) You might have to start him on the old anime too... ;-)

You know it's a shame we can organise a local tournament or something to push awareness of these. Sales always seem to increase when there's organised competition involved...

UPDATE: Just did a quick check at some of the stores in my local area. I can confirm the local JB Hifi, EB Games (the Australian version of Gamestop) and ZING! have all sold out of their preordered stock. Big W may or may not have some left... good sign. Hopefully Bandai notices Australia love them!
    Last edited by TheRedRanger; 07-12-2019 at 10:44 PM.

Yeah, it's heartening to see us pick it all up again so willingly, and hopefully it speaks some volume to Bandai that the franchise still has a place over here even after they basically totally gave up on it.

The lack of D1 again is a bit of a shame because an online tournament would definitely spark some additional excitement.

I'm tempted to see if I can get my hands on a D-Com for the online project for a bit of fun in lieu.

An aside:
    Anyone know the status of release for these over in the US?
    Got some friends over there that are getting kinda impatient with Australia's launch being over a week ago now, and I can't find a solid launch date beyond what Amazon says.

My two have been plotting along well so far. Iíve managed to reach the Digimon I was aiming for so far. One thing I completely spaced on was what the evolution of the Agumon on the Brown device was. I didnít want two MetalGreymon, so I set out to get MGMon on my Yellow and Mamemon on the Brown. I looked at the guide Humulos made so I knew what I needed to do; the problem was I let my fiancť pick which adult to go for. We got so caught up in the conversation, and I was so chuffed she was taking an interest in the whole thing, that when she said she wanted Devimon I just went with it. It didnít dawn on me what I was doing until it was too late to make care mistakes and overfeed for a Meramon.

Anyway. Right now the yellow has Greymon and Devidramon and the brown has MetalGreymon and Monochromon. If my calculations are correct Greymon will evolve in exactly 6 hours and 53 minutes from this post.
    Hello.

I am so happy with my digi's! pre-ordered 2 (Australia) and got the exact colors i wanted! (couldn't select myself)

Currently raising a Greymon / DarkTyrannomon on my blue device and Numemon / Raremon on yellow,
    excited to have a Monzaemon / Ex-Tyrannomon!

big thankyou to this forum and humulos for all the amazing info, you've made reliving my childhood much easier

edit: himulos to humulos, sorry!
    Last edited by Tiramisu; 07-13-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Oh man! I wanted to record Greymon evolving! I set my alarm for a few minutes before, but I forgot to change the day. I was right about the exact minute he evolved though, because he woke me up! Iím spitting chips that I didnít use all of his DP before he evolved again! Oh well.
    Hello.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast