With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Digimon Last Evolution - Bonds" May Be the Title For the Digimon Adventure 20th Film

"Digimon Last Evolution - Bonds" May Be the Title For the Digimon Adventure 20th Film

This one seems likely, especially based on the source...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In comments to TVNinos about anime they'd be marketing at the recent LAScreenings, Daniel Castaneda, Director of Licensing for Toei Animation in Latin America discussed a number of upcoming titles that are being worked on and should be available in 2020.

Most interesting for us is the name "Digimon Last Evolution - Kizuna".

With kizuna translating to bonds, and it being said by the producers a few times (including in the recent V-Jump interview) at how important the concept of bonds will be in the 20th Anniversary Adventure film, it feels like there is a pretty good chance the title is either "Digimon Last Evolution - Bonds" or "Digimon Adventure- Last Evolution - Bonds".

Thanks to our friends at Digisoul for the heads up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

This is a positive sign for the title of the project.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Inb4 "Finally, the LAST Adventure anime EVER! Now they'll stop pandering to nostalgia and give me my Tamers/Frontier sequel!"

Jokes aside, this to me suggests a tone of bittersweetness in the film even though - like tri. before it - it's essentially leading into The Epilogue. But I've also been getting that same bittersweet vibe from the poster.

Ain't got no mojo... DragonicEmperor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Inb4 "Finally, the LAST Adventure anime EVER! Now they'll stop pandering to nostalgia and give me my Tamers/Frontier sequel!"
    That feel when you realise there's still 02 between you and a Tamers and Frontier sequel.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonicEmperor View Post
    That feel when you realise there's still 02 between you and a Tamers and Frontier sequel.
    whats 02? Never heard of it.

Anyway I too am curious about this potential title.

Follow G-SANtos On Twitter
    Jokes aside, this to me suggests a tone of bittersweetness in the film even though - like tri. before it - it's essentially leading into The Epilogue.
    I'm not completely sure this time. Hiroyuki Kakudō left the project because, according to him, it contradicted the past series.
    Maybe this time they decided to ignore the epilogue. Like, tri. said it was going to lead into the epilogue, but did a very poor job of explaining everyone's career choices. Yamato was just like "well, maybe I'll go to space or something".

Did they say this movie is going to connect to the epilogue in any interview? I haven't had time to read them recently.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

I'm not too worried about the human side of things bar everyone's choice of degrees, but I'm quite worried about the Digimon side of things which was different in balance between Adventure and Tri., especially if this is a singular entry and has anywhere less than 2 hours in length. Doubt they will give the project 3+ hours and even then, what will be their priority is still worrisome.

Title-wise, so long as they add 'Adventure' into the title, it should be fine.

Iím starting to wonder if this movie, even more than just being Adventure-centric, will be mostly Taichi centric. I really doubt they can make a coherent plot if they focus on EVERYONE, and we havenít seen much of everyone else so perhaps they are more background this time.

Ain't got no mojo... KoreeluStromboli's Avatar
    Follow KoreeluStromboli On Twitter Visit KoreeluStromboli's Youtube Channel Add KoreeluStromboli on DeviantArt
    Digimon Last Evolution sounds similar to the name of another Digimon film, Digital Monster X-Evolution. Maybe the bonds that the Chosen Children have with their Partner Digimon will allow them to Matrix Evolve (Digimon Tamers) into new Digimon beyond their Ultimate forms, the titular "Last Evolution".

In the past, I imagined a Digimon Adventure 20th film trailer ending with Taichi and Agumon in the progress of Matrix Evolution before
    the trailer cuts to black.

It's worth mentioning that during the beginning of Digimon Adventure tri.: Reunion, in Taichi's room, there is a textbook titled One Vision, which is also the title of the Matrix Evolution song from Digimon Tamers.

Ain't got no mojo... DragonicEmperor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoreeluStromboli View Post
    Digimon Last Evolution sounds similar to the name of another Digimon film, Digital Monster X-Evolution. Maybe the bonds that the Chosen Children have with their Partner Digimon will allow them to Matrix Evolve (Digimon Tamers) into new Digimon beyond their Ultimate forms, the titular "Last Evolution".

In the past, I imagined a Digimon Adventure 20th film trailer ending with Taichi and Agumon in the progress of Matrix Evolution before
    the trailer cuts to black.

It's worth mentioning that during the beginning of Digimon Adventure tri.: Reunion, in Taichi's room, there is a textbook titled One Vision, which is also the title of the Matrix Evolution song from Digimon Tamers.
    "We got you, fam. We got this new Omegamon Form raring and ready to go!"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast