With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Digimon Last Evolution - Bonds" May Be the Title For the Digimon Adventure 20th Film

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    That's interesting. Now will they do 02 characters in this or are they getting their own movie? That would be something.
    I sure hope not. A movie about adventure would be enough to wrap up the adventure universe. Zero Two having been its own season is not as relevant as some people make it up to be. It's part of the same universe but a less marketable one so they are not really missing out on much. I mean if we got a surprise Xros Wars movie it wouldn't automatically guarantee a Young hunters movie just because that also happened.

I will say as much as I personally want to see the 02 kids again, I donít have high hope they will have any more than a cameo, if that. Iíll be fine as long as this movie doesnít do that RIDICULOUS teasing that Tri did with them. That was just throwing salt in the wound.

I come from the net
    I was just joking since everyone seems to want to see them. So why not if not later.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    That's interesting. Now will they do 02 characters in this or are they getting their own movie? That would be something.
    I sure hope not. A movie about adventure would be enough to wrap up the adventure universe. Zero Two having been its own season is not as relevant as some people make it up to be. It's part of the same universe but a less marketable one so they are not really missing out on much. I mean if we got a surprise Xros Wars movie it wouldn't automatically guarantee a Young hunters movie just because that also happened.
    To me, and I think I'm also talking for some many more fans, it's not just the fact that they don't appear per se, but the way it was handled in tri. They fought against Alphamon (for some reason Takeru & Hikari didn't) and they were defeated and kidnapped...okay I buy it. What's really hard to swallow is the strange and forced way the others act. One of your best friends, the ones that saved the Digital World along with you, are mysteriously missing and you don't even ask more than two vague questions to someone you have just met? Everything feels so strangely weird and unnatural for so many reasons we could quote. In the first film of 02, the original cast was put aside and they are far from being main characters, but in a more organic and credible way and you can enjoy the film either way without even noticing the 6 are missing from the action. I just hope even if they don't appear in the new film, the writers don't make this awkward move again.
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 05-24-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    To me, and I think I'm also talking for some many more fans, it's not just the fact that they don't appear per se, but the way it was handled in tri. They fought against Alphamon (for some reason Takeru & Hikari didn't) and they were defeated and kidnapped...okay I buy it. What's really hard to swallow is the strange and forced way the others act. One of your best friends, the ones that saved the Digital World along with you, are mysteriously missing and you don't even ask more than two vague questions to someone you have just met? Everything feels so strangely weird and unnatural for so many reasons we could quote. In the first film of 02, the original cast was put aside and they are far from being main characters, but in a more organic and credible way and you can enjoy the film either way without even noticing the 6 are missing from the action. I just hope even if they don't appear in the new film, the writers don't make this awkward move again.
    Yeah. 02 dissapearance was handle in a pretty weird way. Not to mention Adventure kids only notice 02 kids dissapear after Determination.

It should be easier to "ignore" 02 kids in the new film if they want. After all, they are around 19 and they can live apart (Daisuke can be living in USA at this point).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234