With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Digimon Last Evolution - Bonds" May Be the Title For the Digimon Adventure 20th Film

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Jokes aside, this to me suggests a tone of bittersweetness in the film even though - like tri. before it - it's essentially leading into The Epilogue.
    I'm not completely sure this time. Hiroyuki Kakudō left the project because, according to him, it contradicted the past series.
    Maybe this time they decided to ignore the epilogue. Like, tri. said it was going to lead into the epilogue, but did a very poor job of explaining everyone's career choices. Yamato was just like "well, maybe I'll go to space or something".

Did they say this movie is going to connect to the epilogue in any interview? I haven't had time to read them recently.
    Not this again, please. We don't what Kakudou meant and it's possible that we never will but it makes no sense to believe it was the epilogue being retconned because tri. is canon to the epilogue and built up a bit for it, regarding the professions, (I agree it was a somewhat bad buildup but, still, a buildup, nonetheless), and this new movie is canon to tri.
    Last edited by Ricardolindo; 05-21-2019 at 05:16 AM.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    It's only me or that title kinda suggests it may be more than 1 film?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardolindo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Jokes aside, this to me suggests a tone of bittersweetness in the film even though - like tri. before it - it's essentially leading into The Epilogue.
    I'm not completely sure this time. Hiroyuki Kakudō left the project because, according to him, it contradicted the past series.
    Maybe this time they decided to ignore the epilogue. Like, tri. said it was going to lead into the epilogue, but did a very poor job of explaining everyone's career choices. Yamato was just like "well, maybe I'll go to space or something".

Did they say this movie is going to connect to the epilogue in any interview? I haven't had time to read them recently.
    Not this again, please. We don't what Kakudou meant and it's possible that we never will but it makes no sense to believe it was the epilogue being retconned because tri. is canon to the epilogue and built up a bit for it, regarding the professions, (I agree it was a somewhat bad buildup but, still, a buildup, nonetheless), and this new movie is canon to tri.
    Kakudo resigned from the project because the 02 kids are going to be ignored again. Period.

He's really in love with his work on both Adventure & 02, so he has slightly suggested before that he was not perfectly ok with the 02 kids treatment during tri, in a very subtle way, even though he was involved in the music department for the latter project. To be honest, I totally understand his point of view as one of the original creators of Digimon Adventure.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Aren’t you just making that up? As far as I know we’ve never heard what exactly Kakudo’s problem was.

Hope we get some new images or even just pics of the digimon partners would make me happy ^^

Wonder if Meiko will return....02 kids too plz lol

Completely digital

Hiroyuki Kakudou feels this project contradict the past series. However, he also feels all the previous films (Digimon Adventure first movie, Our War Game, Hurricane Touchdown, Diabolomon Strikes Back, Tri, between others) contradict the past series.

So, the contradictions with the past series can be many things.

I think Tri never planned to explain all the Epilogue. They just explain the start of some things we will see in the Epilogue.
    Last edited by Kon; 05-22-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Kakudo resigned from the project because the 02 kids are going to be ignored again. Period.

He's really in love with his work on both Adventure & 02, so he has slightly suggested before that he was not perfectly ok with the 02 kids treatment during tri, in a very subtle way, even though he was involved in the music department for the latter project. To be honest, I totally understand his point of view as one of the original creators of Digimon Adventure.
    Kakudou never say anything about the treatment of 02 kids. You shouldn't treat your theory as a certainty

Regarding Kakudou feelings on Tri, Kakudou has said films doesn't fit with the past series. However, Kakudou has clarified that he means ALL the films (not only Tri) don't fit the past series, even the ones he was forced to include in the series (like Digimon Adventure first movie and Our War Game).
    Last edited by Kon; 05-22-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Maybe he just really wants those aliens and keeps being turned down

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Guys I'm not making up things, to be precise I adressed him a question to him via Twitter when we were like in the midway of tri. to ask him how does he felt about the absence of the 02 cast, and to express him how pissed of I was about the whole situation. He never replied me, but I got a like from him, so it's quite logical he won't charge in an open way against an official product considering what is on the stake, but you don't really have to be the most clever guy in the word to realize that Kakudou has expressed his affection for both the cast of Adventure & 02, although the latter is not that profitable marketing-wise, and as an artist and creator he may feel they are ruining the legacy of his creation, let alone its internal consistency.

Thanks for confirming for all of us that you in fact have no information and were making up everything based on effectively nothing.

Everything you've said is borderline just 'making shit up' based on him liking a random tweet.

He hated tri. so much he... signed up to work on the follow up to it and only left when he decided his story wouldn't be used.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Guys I'm not making up things, to be precise I adressed him a question to him via Twitter when we were like in the midway of tri. to ask him how does he felt about the absence of the 02 cast, and to express him how pissed of I was about the whole situation. He never replied me, but I got a like from him, so it's quite logical he won't charge in an open way against an official product considering what is on the stake, but you don't really have to be the most clever guy in the word to realize that Kakudou has expressed his affection for both the cast of Adventure & 02, although the latter is not that profitable marketing-wise, and as an artist and creator he may feel they are ruining the legacy of his creation, let alone its internal consistency.
    A "like" in a twitter?

There are many reasons why someone can put a "like" to your commentary that don't imply he hates the treatment of 02 kids in Tri.

Even if he has problems with the treatment of 02 kids in Tri (which we don't know), we wouldn't know if that's the problem with the new project.

You shouldn't treat this as a confirmation.
    Last edited by Kon; 05-22-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast