With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: July V-Jump- 20th Film Interview & Hints, Erismon Ultimate Soon, Capsule Mascot

July V-Jump- 20th Film Interview & Hints, Erismon Ultimate Soon, Capsule Mascot

V-Jump time!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's just about time for the July issue of V-Jump to come out and we have everything early, and relatively clean (not always a guarantee with V-Jump images.)

To start with, no 'big' news. The 'something serious is happening' teaser may refer to a couple different things here, but if you are looking for some sort of major announcement, you will not find it.

First up, the beginning of the Digimon content in V-Jump this month goes over a bit of basic info about the upcoming 20th film, with the majority this month being an interview with Supervisor (& original Adventure producer) Hiromi Seki and Producer Yosuke Kinoshita.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

During the interview they discuss handling a series that's been loved for 20 years and what episodes they consider their favorite.

They further discuss the theme of 'bonds' for the film that has been mentioned before, and how they hope that after people watch it they'll get motivation to try harder tomorrow.

General phrasing suggests the film is purely Adventure-centric.

Everyone's friend Terriermon Joshu chimes in with a bit more Adventure 20th film info also: A new 'gadget' item will appear in the film and it reflects 'the times' of when the movie takes place. Both the gadget and how it's 'expressed' (shown?) will 'evolve'. (Perhaps a tease about Taichi's VR googles which were shown in early art but have vanished as of late?)

At the top of the first page they have a header called Digimon Road to Ultimate, which appears to be teasing the next thing...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

An Imperialdramon Fighter Mode event in ReArise! And alongside this event they'll finally reveal the Ultimate level for Erismon, who everyone has been waiting to see for a decent chunk of time. They tease him with a silhouette.

Update- A bit more of a visual of what 'may' be Erismon's Ultimate.

A teaser image from ReArise, and images extracted from the game showing slightly different versions of it that show a 'slightly' better look at the head/upper body of what might be Erismon's Ultimate. (Some spines don't line up where you'd expect from the silhouette, but it certainly appears to be similiar to the silhouetted Digimon, and differences like that may just be based on the model/pose/etc.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then after seeing renders last month, we get to see images of the 8th series of Capsule Mascot Collection figures!

This time the lineup is Tokomon, Kunemon, Leomon, and Shellmon. Like the prior sets, these are based on the original V-Pet artwork.

This will be the first set since series 1 that only had 4 figures.

On top of that, Terriermon Joshu returns with a bit of commentary about the Capsule Mascot Collection. He muses on how Leomon is from the Digimon V-pet 4.0, and can Piyomon and Palmon, also from the 4.0, be far behind?

Last up is the social media art corner. It shows off a previously existing image of Zubamon, Ryudamon, and Spadamon celebrating Tanabata, which is on July 7th. It also muses on the question- What do weapon and samurai Digimon wish for?

Big thanks to inakaparadais for the images, and to onkei for translating. Thanks to Chortos-2 for a couple of the ReArise images and to Muur for the heads up about them.

Update- Added another version of the promotional image for ReArise.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    My assumption is that it's an evil Mega in the vein of SkullGreymon and Megidramon, though that's just what I'm thinking and may not be anywhere close to the truth. Whatever the matter it sure took a long time for us to get it lol

weird we didn't get "big news", though maybe the herissmon mega is what they said was big news, or maybe there's more pages we've not seen?

also a shame Survive wasn't part of it, but I guess we'll get that when the time comes. no hackers switch announced on there either, so maybe it's wrong, or maybe it's later. whatever the matter, I'm hoping for some more pages.
    Last edited by Muur; 05-17-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    weird we didn't get "big news", though maybe the herissmon mega is what they said was big news, or maybe there's more pages we've not seen?
    The exact Japanese text as I recall was "Something serious is happening?!"

We all took that as a declaration of 'big news' (which wasn't incorrect), but large interview content or the announcement that Erismon's Ultimate is coming (which people have been waiting over a year for) could both be taken as something serious.

Although certainly them teasing it in that manner 'is' kind of manipulative if it wasn't a case of V-Jump being asked to wait.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Honestly I think Muur right about this just being a evil/corrupted Mega form of Erismon like Raguelmon and the other ones mention because to me even from the looks of the model it feels to demonic and such a drastic change compared to the rest of his line because from what it looks like he gains 4 extra eyes.
    Last edited by Katsu Hikaru; 05-18-2019 at 02:02 AM.

So, will the interview be translated in full at some point or is the gist of it all that should be expected to be available?

I wonder if there is more then the July 7th Tanabata then what they are saying. It is rare that they reuse an image like that.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

not gonna lie, I feel cheated and let down. I at the least wanted just any update on Digimon Survive but this entire issue is just "stay tuned!". At least one of those things to further wait for is the Erismon mega but I'd rather just have my first view of it be from Rearise itself when it's localized in English

Visit Zavier's Youtube Channel Add Zavier on DeviantArt Add Zavier on Google+
    Me: Oh cool, maybe there'll be some news about Survive in this-

News: You thought! XD

Me: PAIN, WITHOUT LOVE, PAIN, CAN'T GET ENOUGH
    Look, a signature.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    And the big news are...? This was all smoke and mirrors as hell...Survive, ReArise localization, HaMe on the Switch, next Digimon Story and we get what?A new engine and the potential confirmation that the 02 group will be erased again for that film...? Oh yes Erismon's mega because we haven't guessed that before with that silhouette, and not even a decent artwork...I'm truly disappointed to be honest.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    If you're expecting a major announcement from an extremely vague and nondescript 'something serious next issue', you're pretty much setting yourselves up for disappointment.

With that said, I'm not at all surprised that the 'serious' thing was related to Re:Arise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast