With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: July V-Jump- 20th Film Interview & Hints, Erismon Ultimate Soon, Capsule Mascot

Pretty sure the major thing is the interview, considering the layout of the pages. Visually, Road to Ultimate feels like it covers the entire corner in V-Jump and the way things are arranged, the interview is the focal point. The game/merchandises are just bottom smaller corner features. As for Survive, expectations kind of come from the before/by early Summer tweet which June would be the latest.

Added another version of the ReArise promotional image.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... KoreeluStromboli's Avatar
    Follow KoreeluStromboli On Twitter Visit KoreeluStromboli's Youtube Channel Add KoreeluStromboli on DeviantArt
    So 'bonds' is a theme for Movie Version Digimon Adventure (Working Title). Going by this artwork, Taichi and Agumon will become closer and at one point, the former will place his trust in the latter.

My guess is that the new 'gadget' in Movie Version Digimon Adventure (Working Title) will be based on smartphones.

Erismon's Ultimate form looks demonic.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Smart phones, and even VR, weren't really big in 2010. the first iphone came in 2007, but they weren't really widespread for a long time, especially in Japan who stuck to flip phones for ages (persona 4, set in 2012, all characters still have flip phones). I feel like the digimon characters are going to have out of place tech for 2010

Visit Zavier's Youtube Channel Add Zavier on DeviantArt
    Last edited by Zavier; 05-19-2019 at 01:07 AM.
    Look, a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavier View Post
    Well, to be honest, we've been getting blue balled about news on Survive for like what, about half a year? In the game department, the franchise doesn't really have anything going for it right now. Hacker's Memory lacked postgame content, so people were done with that quickly. Now what?
    I mean, not really. The game was announced early so it could glom onto anime press.

You aren't entitled to nonstop news once something is announced, and frankly, it was clear early on they didn't have much to show (at times V-Jump was simply repeating things that had shown up elsewhere, etc.) If they had continued showing things, then we'd just be getting complaints about how they aren't showing anything of consequence, or repeating things, etc. (which was happening when we were getting updates 'anyways'.) Better for them not to show anything, then to show so little over and over again that it begins to feel bland.

Aren't you supposed to keep your fans/consumers satisfied with something until the release of whatever project you're working on? I mean, Sega has Team Sonic Racing, and its comics. Gamefreak and Nintendo have Pokémon Sword/Shield, in which the fanbase makes its own things to stay busy. And what do we have? Some news on a completely forgettable game and yet another nostalgia pandering movie. That can get kind of frustrating to a lot of people. Not trying to argue or anything. This is just my thoughts and feelings.
    That you don't like other stuff coming out or being shown doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that plenty of people don't like it, it just means you don't like it.

Also, Survive has been openly talked about as a game related to the Adventure anniversary, so it may not be what you are really looking for anyways if your complaint is purely that 'nostalgia is bad'.

To say nothing of the idea that your examples were Sonic and Pokemon, things continually not only accused of nostalgia pandering, but where it clearly sells.

I mean, not many people were complaining about Sonic Mania. And people clearly want more of it. (Even your two Sonic examples were a followup to a game from 7 years ago, along with a comic where to make sure fans were happy, had the same writer that the previous companies Sonic comic did for a decade.)

No one involved with any sort of franchise fandom is 'really' bothered by nostalgia. They're bothered it isn't the specific thing they find nostalgic or special or familiar (or whatever the specific thing they want from it is.) And that's ok

The companies are making what people have wanted. They didn't announce more Adventure for basically a dozen years after 02 ended. That tri. ended and they were already working on 'more' says pretty solidly where the success, money, and audience is.

But then it isn't like more Adventure has been the only thing to show up since tri. was announced. There has been plenty of other things, it just goes back to if it was specifically stuff any given person wanted.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Visit Zavier's Youtube Channel Add Zavier on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavier View Post
    Well, to be honest, we've been getting blue balled about news on Survive for like what, about half a year? In the game department, the franchise doesn't really have anything going for it right now. Hacker's Memory lacked postgame content, so people were done with that quickly. Now what?
    I mean, not really. The game was announced early so it could glom onto anime press.

You aren't entitled to nonstop news once something is announced, and frankly, it was clear early on they didn't have much to show (at times V-Jump was simply repeating things that had shown up elsewhere, etc.) If they had continued showing things, then we'd just be getting complaints about how they aren't showing anything of consequence, or repeating things, etc. (which was happening when we were getting updates 'anyways'.) Better for them not to show anything, then to show so little over and over again that it begins to feel bland.

Aren't you supposed to keep your fans/consumers satisfied with something until the release of whatever project you're working on? I mean, Sega has Team Sonic Racing, and its comics. Gamefreak and Nintendo have Pokémon Sword/Shield, in which the fanbase makes its own things to stay busy. And what do we have? Some news on a completely forgettable game and yet another nostalgia pandering movie. That can get kind of frustrating to a lot of people. Not trying to argue or anything. This is just my thoughts and feelings.
    That you don't like other stuff coming out or being shown doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that plenty of people don't like it, it just means you don't like it.

Also, Survive has been openly talked about as a game related to the Adventure anniversary, so it may not be what you are really looking for anyways if your complaint is purely that 'nostalgia is bad'.

To say nothing of the idea that your examples were Sonic and Pokemon, things continually not only accused of nostalgia pandering, but where it clearly sells.

I mean, not many people were complaining about Sonic Mania. And people clearly want more of it. (Even your two Sonic examples were a followup to a game from 7 years ago, along with a comic where to make sure fans were happy, had the same writer that the previous companies Sonic comic did for a decade.)

No one involved with any sort of franchise fandom is 'really' bothered by nostalgia. They're bothered it isn't the specific thing they find nostalgic or special or familiar (or whatever the specific thing they want from it is.) And that's ok

The companies are making what people have wanted. They didn't announce more Adventure for basically a dozen years after 02 ended. That tri. ended and they were already working on 'more' says pretty solidly where the success, money, and audience is.

But then it isn't like more Adventure has been the only thing to show up since tri. was announced. There has been plenty of other things, it just goes back to if it was specifically stuff any given person wanted.
    Well, clearly I'm wrong for saying anything. So I'll just delete what I said before I bring any harm to myself.
    Look, a signature.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    What I find interesting is you saying "Pokemon fans make their own things to create interest". What exactly do you mean by this, fan art? youtube videos about random trivia? I see plenty of stuff like that on my timeline for Digimon

I do agree they announced the game too early, way too early, but since they said they redid a bunch of stuff - they probably thought it'd be out earlier than it actually will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    but since they said they redid a bunch of stuff - they probably thought it'd be out earlier than it actually will be.
    Despite a number of people passing that around, they never said anything was redone to my knowledge.

They said changes were made to systems in the game to improve it.

At no point was it said things were 'redone', or any statement of quantity.

The game was initially shown off in a very early state (which is likely why promotional bits in places seemed like they were repeating, as they likely only had so much in a showable state.) The changes made to elements of the game may very well have been the standard improvements and polish (and simply getting the game closer to release) you'd expect to happen as a game continues development.

If I fully understand the text, I find it interesting that they had a plan not to make Taichi and others to play the main roles but then decided to go to that direction because target audience would best sympathise with a story where Taichi grows from a student to working adult.

それこそ太一たちが主役ではない物語の案もありましたが、学生から社会人になる一歩手前の太一の物語が、こ の映画を届けたい人たちが一番共感できると考え、方向性を固めていきました。
    日本語できなければ、それをやめよう。

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast