With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Estimating the Budget of a Digimon Live Action Movie

Estimating the Budget of a Digimon Live Action Movie

Hot off the heels of detective Pikachu in theaters, I wondered how the budget and cast for a live-Action Digimon feature would work compared to it? I could see Digimon having the ability to have more Digimon species than Detective Pikachu had Pokemon species, or on a smaller budget, due to some major factors;

* The “human in a costume” Digimon. There are loads of Digimon that would fit into this category, such as Venusmon, Ophanimon, etc. On the other hand, this means we’d likely need more actors to portray them. Plus true many others that are a bit more off and would work well with makeup like Ranamon and Lilimon. However, many humanoids would require motion capture.
    * Digimon designs overall being gritter than Pokemon, especially earlier on. They would likely require less time to adapt them to a real-world setting and texturing. However, many are a lot larger.

Thoughts?

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    I think it depends what kind of digimon movie e.g. for the "human in a costume" digimon would work best if they are making a Frontier based moive since humans can transform into digimon. But then again it is kinda has been done a couple of years ago when they made a live action digimon play based on Tri...

Ain't got no mojo...
    If they need to adapt, I'd say adapt the Cyber Sleuth universe.

I was thinking about it and certainly would have put digital scenes in there with the focus on transferring information in Digicore.

Pokémon was quite simple. The question is whether Digimon would work on a similar basis. The costumes could also be a movie about Seven... It would probably be the cheapest option.

The problem is that Frontier was not very popular as Adventure. And a lot of fans would like to see Adventure. So you have to find something that suits everyone.

Ain't got no mojo... rsccooperinc's Avatar
    Add rsccooperinc on DeviantArt
    I feel like Digimon would work as a live action film better than Pokemon does, but it's so unlikely

Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    I agree with rsccoopin. The only reason pokemon got a live action adaptation was due to its massive popularity. While a live action movie would suit Digimon pretty well, and CGI digimon look quite good if done right, the series isnt well know enough to warrant it.
    There also the possibility that we could get a sonic the hedgehog, or even worse, live action mario bros.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D O R U g o r a m o n View Post
    I agree with rsccoopin. The only reason pokemon got a live action adaptation was due to its massive popularity. While a live action movie would suit Digimon pretty well, and CGI digimon look quite good if done right, the series isnt well know enough to warrant it.
    There also the possibility that we could get a sonic the hedgehog, or even worse, live action mario bros.
    There has already been a live action Mario Bros. movie. It was horrible:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108255/

And a Sonic live action movie is on its way:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3794354/

Lets see, with us already have a CGI Digimon only movie, then it is good enough for me. Digimon X-Evolution is still one of my favorite movies.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time