With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hacker's Memory Coming to Nintendo Switch?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    If this is accurate, could this be this month's big announcement?
    I hope not. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm super excited with this more than likely CS + HaMe bundle in the Switch and I'm sure it will mean a lot for the recognition of Digimon in the future, but by big announcement I expect something like a new anime series, more news on Survive or an official announcement from the Story title in progress, unless this new release brings some extras to the table.
    I mean, the Switch has still sold less than the Xbox One, and the PS4 has more than double the sales of the Switch it wont "mean that mean" or whatever, and most people who want it have already played it

Wouldn't be shocking if this WAS the announcement though

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I hope not. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm super excited with this more than likely CS + HaMe bundle in the Switch and I'm sure it will mean a lot for the recognition of Digimon in the future, but by big announcement I expect something like a new anime series, more news on Survive or an official announcement from the Story title in progress, unless this new release brings some extras to the table.
    I mean, the Switch has still sold less than the Xbox One, and the PS4 has more than double the sales of the Switch it wont "mean that mean" or whatever, and most people who want it have already played it

Wouldn't be shocking if this WAS the announcement though
    While true that the totals are still in the other console's favor, it shouldn't be ignored that the Switch has had a high rate of sale vs. them. It's only been out for two years and yet it's actually within distance of surpassing the Xbox One's lifetime sales despite the latter having a few years on it, and the PS4 has been second to it in some markets such as Japan. There's no denying that despite it's late start it's been a very popular system and it continues to grow its install base at a high pace.

Additionally, software sales have been very good for the system as a number of publishers have reported strong sales for their games. While there's no guarantee that Digimon would certainly get a huge amount of support, it would still be beneficial for it to at least attempt at getting at that market.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    I bought my PS Vita just for Cyber Sleuth and Next 0rder. But if it means supporting a Digimon release on a Nintendo system, then I'm double dipping.

A new anime series would be great. But honestly? That 'big announcement' teaser doesn't hint at anything beyond the 'big announcement' itself, so I've kept my own expectations low. Assuming this rumour turns out to be true, then I believe this will in fact be the 'big' news.

Thinking out loud here, but now I'm wondering about the timing of this release. Will it be out before, or after Survive? And if before, could this be Bamco's way of making up for a delayed release of Survive? Either way I hope they time it well so it doesn't get eaten alive by Sword & Shield.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    I bought my PS Vita just for Cyber Sleuth and Next 0rder. But if it means supporting a Digimon release on a Nintendo system, then I'm double dipping.

A new anime series would be great. But honestly? That 'big announcement' teaser doesn't hint at anything beyond the 'big announcement' itself, so I've kept my own expectations low. Assuming this rumour turns out to be true, then I believe this will in fact be the 'big' news.

Thinking out loud here, but now I'm wondering about the timing of this release. Will it be out before, or after Survive? And if before, could this be Bamco's way of making up for a delayed release of Survive? Either way I hope they time it well so it doesn't get eaten alive by Sword & Shield.
    that wouldn't "make it up" to PS, Xbox, and PC players though

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Obviously, no.

But I'm sure Bamco will be happy about a game making money while another is delayed.

They don't owe you or anyone else what you seem to think they do.

This example could apply to many games, but let's choose a simple one.

I like Pac-Man.

Any time a port of Pac-Man comes out on a system/platform I own, I look at what it is, how it differs (or is similiar) to versions I own, sometimes on the same platform, and decide if it's worth my money.

If it is, I buy it. If it isn't, I don't.

If I don't have the platform, then oh well.

Repeat with any number of other games, including but not limited to- Doom, Street Fighter 2, many Mario games, etc. (I happen to be partial to Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold, and some of the improved home ports of Alpha 3, but by and large modern stuff is based on the arcade versions, so I'm out of luck.)

Sometimes companies will do something nice if they can, if things line up, etc.

After years of being off 'shelves', a digital version of the game Blood came out a few years ago. It's the game, thrown into a basic compatibility layer. Same game someone would have bought in the 90s, but hey, no effort to get it to run, plus backed up on Steam. Everyone happily bought it, because realistically, a remaster wasn't really going to happen.

After some further conversations, etc. a remaster finally happened (Blood being relatively unique amongst a certain subset of classic FPS games that could support a remaster, but not getting one for a long time for reasons not worth getting into), came out recently, and everyone was happy.

By and large, the remaster is all QOL improvements. The game itself is effectively unchanged, the same as bought a few years ago, or in the 90s.

Anyone who owned it on Steam got a coupon. To rebuy the game they already owned.

And most people I know who enjoy Blood happily used that coupon and re-bought it. Because why not.

But it appears only Steam owners got the coupon. Those who bought it elsewhere did not (gog users might have, I've seen conflicting info.) It was a nice bonus, based on your chosen platform of course, if you got it. If you didn't, it happens.

(Of course there are also plenty of complaints, anywhere from the remaster itself, to not enough being changed, to much being changed, it not being free, etc.)

But that doesn't always happen, sometimes it's just looking at the differences and deciding if you wanna buy it again.

You bought Hacker's Memory on the PS4 and/or Vita. You got the game. You didn't buy the game with a promise that no other platform would 'ever' get it, or that it would stay sitting unchanged forever.

If a potential Switch version is better than the PS4 version that came out a year and a half ago, that's what it is.

Maybe it'll end up on other platforms, maybe it won't. That we've seen evidence of a Switch version doesn't say anything about where else it might end up. (Bandai has heavily done Steam versions of their games the last couple years, including ports of games a bit older for example.)

But they don't owe you to not do anything with the game under any circumstances.

Or to put it a bit shorter...
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Fingers crossed for the japanese crossover edition
    iíd really like to use all the new digimon such as Arkadimon with takumi

I would totally buy the game again for the switch if it was like the Japanese version. Finally actually use the digimon with an ability specifically tailored against the Royal Knights against the Royal Knights.

I come from the net
    You know way back when Sonic 4 EP 1, you know, the game Sega doesn't remember, I said that EP 2 should be on the Wii since I supported Sega for all these years. I deserve to play it even if it was terrible. But no, I didn't. That's crazy.

And what's the issue with the Switch? It's doing very well. Everything the Wii U wasn't. Parades don't need to be rained on.

...*ahem* I still would like this to be on the Switch. I'd like a lot of games to be on there. It can make good business sense. Look at the numbers. If there's money to be made, they'll probably do it.

I'm setting $60 aside in hopes this is a bundle. I've been waiting to play these games for years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123