With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: What if there was a Digimon Adventure reboot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ain't got no mojo...

What if there was a Digimon Adventure reboot?

And what I mean by that is a loose retelling of the first Digimon Adventure series set in an alternate universe rather than a direct continuation like Tri. The best comparison for this idea would probably be Pokemon: I Choose You, which is basically the Indigo League of the Pokemon anime rebooted in a different continuity and has a story that deviates heavily from the original one.

In the case of a reboot of Adventure, it would star the same children with the same Digimon partners, but like with I Choose You, the story would play out quite differently. My preferred format for this would be a TV series rather than a movie.

What do you guys think of this idea? Could it work?

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Yep of course it could work since there are at least 2 different Taichis' already in Digimon multiverse...

In this reboot we will see all chosen children's mega form with especially Tailmon's mega being Ophanimon and Leomon survives XD

I mean, considering that we basically already have lots of those (the novels, the Manhua, the Adventure PSP game, the first half of Digimon Medley...) just not in Anime form, I guess it could work. But there's just very little sense in it as long as Toei is still actively appending to the current continuity and probably doesn't want to splinter its fanbase over multiple major ones.
    (Also it would waste time in which they could move on and do some more non Adventure things instead)

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    I mean, considering that we basically already have lots of those (the novels, the Manhua, the Adventure PSP game, the first half of Digimon Medley...) just not in Anime form, I guess it could work. But there's just very little sense in it as long as Toei is still actively appending to the current continuity and probably doesn't want to splinter its fanbase over multiple major ones.
    (Also it would waste time in which they could move on and do some more non Adventure things instead)
    Those examples you mentioned, aside from a few notable differences, are largely faithful to the original plot of the anime. If there were to be an Adventure reboot in the vein of I Choose You, there would be some dramatic changes to the story on a fundamental level. Like say for example instead of facing Apocalymon at the end, the DigiDestined face Daemon from 02.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I'm not really interested. Theyre already doing a bunch of adventure stuff anyway, and I'd rather them do sequels if they stick to that universe.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I'm not really interested. Theyre already doing a bunch of adventure stuff anyway, and I'd rather them do sequels if they stick to that universe.
    On the bright side, they could have more creative freedom and not risk messing up continuity like they did with Tri.
    Last edited by digibro217; 05-02-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by digibro217 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    On the bright side, they could have more creative freedom and not risk messing up continuity like they did with Tri.
    see, that's an opinion. I'm fine with Tri.

They didn't mess up continuity either since nothing about the 2022 ending was changed...

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Sounds a little like the Adventure manhua, where there’s no human world arc and VenomVamdemon’s the final boss.

I come from the net
    That would be something. ...Would Kari be there at the start? ...Would Meiko? heh heh ...Really though, that Kari thing might be a watch right there.

I honestly hope not, original adventure is still watchable and i'd rather have something new(and not related to adv, i'm tired of all the pandering)