With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Digimon in Linkz is Jazamon! Images of all his evolutions!

Yaaaaay! Can't wait to see the official arts next! And of course their jogress down the line. Will it be a massive black and white dragon? Will it lamely be another warrior-guy jogress that I'll still begrudgingly love?

I come from the net
    So that's who BlueEyesWhiteDramon is. Cool. These two would work well in a series. ...Though a lot of these they showed might. ...Hmmm...

To explain why the perfect form was translated as it was.

Jazarihimon/Jazarihhimon I'd say doesn't quite work as it doesn't seem to keep the intent of how to say it, or even how those letters end up fully translated.

Jaza
    Rich
    Mon

The Golux pointed out it being rich, I chose to stylize it as 'rik' since Digimon spellings often end up doing that, and to also make it a bit more clear how to say it, since it's more akin to the end of Zurich or Rick instead of something like Richie 'Rich'.

In fact, when translating it and searching to confirm, it was pulling up Zurich, along with various people named Rich. (It even is listed on Japanese Wikipedia as an alternate spelling for the city Lich.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Not gonna lie Jazamon's evo line is not really my cup of tea...but hey new beast Digimon is always welcome!! Especially the Perfect form which reminds me too much to Sparrowmon <3 In fact, these are the only Digimon in 2019 so far so...Wonder what the etymology of them could come from.

Completely digital
    Looks generic af, the adult form is so ugly. Also Metallicdramon, ugghh, that's pretty generic name just like Volcanicdramon. I think digimon like Volvomon and especially Jazamon weren't really planned properly from the designing process

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Not gonna lie Jazamon's evo line is not really my cup of tea...but hey new beast Digimon is always welcome!! Especially the Perfect form which reminds me too much to Sparrowmon <3 In fact, these are the only Digimon in 2019 so far so...Wonder what the etymology of them could come from.
    Actually, there's also Blucomon's mega which does have a name, we just haven't seen it in Japanese or English yet

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Looks generic af, the adult form is so ugly. Also Metallicdramon, ugghh, that's pretty generic name just like Volcanicdramon. I think digimon like Volvomon and especially Jazamon weren't really planned properly from the designing process
    most new digimon are the rookie becoming bigger forms of itself

look at hackmon and zubamon

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    This one seems to be more flying oriented at least compared to Vorvomon's line who largely stayed on the ground until Volcanicdramon.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    most new digimon are the rookie becoming bigger forms of itself

look at hackmon and zubamon

I don't mean the evo route, but the design itself. Pteranomon looks way more interesting than this. The adult is ugly af, looks like a deformed dragon jetplane

Metallicdramon is cool enough from how they designed the darkdramon-like wings but the face is... Eh... Generic. Also the name Metallicdramon seems cringeworthy enough as they can't be more consistent with the J naming as they did it with Vorvomon with V naming

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Anyone have a guess at the etymology? "Jazarihimon" does have a German look to it, but I don't know if the other forms are German too. It might mirror the names of Vobomon's forms, but those were such weird combinations of different words that it's hard to say.
    The English/Japanese 'j' sound is not present in German (only in loanwords), so I don't think the 'Jaza' part is specifically German.
    I'm guessing the 'j' part comes from 'jet' seeing how all the forms are jet plane influenced but honestly idk about the 'za' part (from what I know ざーざー and じゃあじゃあ are onomatopoeia for water rushing which doesn't make sense here I guess)

Quote Originally Posted by The Golux View Post
    yeah I would normally romanize that as "Jazarichmon" since japanese tends to use a final h-kana matching proceeding vowel for the german "ch" sound.
    Also just to point out, but 'ig' at the end of German words would also be pronounced the same way as 'ich' (e.g. könig = ケーニッヒ)
    '-rich' is a German suffix to express masculinity, and '-lich' is just an adjectival/adverbial suffix, both don't really make sense here I think..
    Still yeah, I'd personally spell them Jazardmon/Jazarichmon for now.

Is anyone else getting a Godzilla-MechaGodzilla vibe? Obviously there are a lot of robot dinosaurs but this is a full line that was made to counter the more kaiju original. I don't follow the story though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast