With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Re-Release V-Pet Images and New Info

Digimon Re-Release V-Pet Images and New Info

Our biggest update yet on these it seems....

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We've been getting information on a re-release of classic V-Pets for nearly 3 months, and while a number of details were sorted out recently thanks to a display at Toy Fair, we have a more solid store listing online now!

EBGames Canada put up a listing for the V-Pet so we have a bunch of new info.

The US price of these is $20, the Canadian price is $30.

The look at the packaging above is based on the original packaging we got for them in North America, the main difference is there is no cover flap with artwork. But it includes the original English logo and all the old visual brand styling from when the V-Pets first came out here.

The EB listing refers to them as "Digimon - Digital Monster Virtual Pet 20th Anniversary Edition". Previously they had been referred to as Digimon Original and Digimon Digivice in listings. It appears Bandai is taking advantage of the increased interest in the brand from the 20th Anniversary of Adventure for that branding (since the original V-Pets came out in the US in 1997, same as Japan.)

The look at the V-Pets themselves show them in the 4 colors we expected...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Brown, Gray, Blue, and Yellow.

Details from the EB listing: (EB lists the color as random, but that appears to be them having just one listing for them, they don't appear to be blindboxed in any fashion.)

Bandai Digimon is the unique Digital Monster from cyberspace. Accessed from Megalithic Mainframe, Digimon comes to you to be hatched, raised and trained for the ultimate monster match -- a cyber showdown between one Digimon and another. With the exclusive dock ín rock action, you link up your Digimon with your friendís Digimon -- only one will win! Who will reign victorious? It depends on how well you raised and trained your Digimon. Feed him well; train him thoroughly. For when the time comes for Digimon to return to the Megalithic Mainframe, his ultimate honor is to be the strongest!
    Controlling a virtual reality monster is an awesome responsibility. Your Digimon has journeyed far to be trained by you. Train your Digimon well, and you will be rewarded with a Digimon that is Ė the strongest! What kind of Digimon will you raise?

• The original virtual Monster you loved back in the Ď90s is back!
    • Feed him, provide medical attention, turn lights on/off, clean up after him, check his heath and train him then pit in against your friendís Digimon in a binary bout.
    • Digimon will alert you when heís hungry or requires more training.
    • Engage the exclusive dock Ďn rock feature and pit your Digimon in a binary bout against your friendís Digimon
    • The Digital Monster you train for action

The product description itself is largely details from the original North American release rather than more solid product details (no mention of how many Digimon may show up, if we get any of the quality of life improvements from the Japanese 20th products, etc.)

EB gives an expected release date of July 5th.

Gamestop in the US is still taking preorders for $20 each. The SKU if they have trouble finding it (if you go in to pre-order) is 191562. At the moment this is not listed at GameStop's website and you have to go into the store. When you give them the SKU they will likely say it's for 'Assorted Digivice', this is the correct item.

These are the first North American releases of a Digimon V-Pet in over a decade.

No doubt more information soon!

Previous news about these can be found here, here, and here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... SkytheGoggleHead's Avatar
    Follow SkytheGoggleHead On Twitter Add SkytheGoggleHead on Facebook Add SkytheGoggleHead on Discord Add SkytheGoggleHead on Steam
    Oh this is very exciting! I can't wait! I already preordered mine.

Follow AguChamp On Twitter Add AguChamp on Discord Visit AguChamp's Youtube Channel Add AguChamp on Steam
    I'm so ready for these! Time to run to my local gamestop!
    Shrine to the Yellow Dino destined to save man of it's sins.

Ain't got no mojo... DigiCollect's Avatar
    I have a question for those who have used these. As someone who has never played these before and has no experience with raising digimon in the videogames either, what's the learning curve look like? Do you think it's quick to pick up, or is it easy to accidentally kill them or something?

Follow crait On Twitter Add crait on Steam
    This is super exciting!! I am going to pre-order one as soon as I am well enough to get out of bed!

Anyone know where can I get this outside of North America? Premium Bandai doesn't have these

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCollect View Post
    I have a question for those who have used these. As someone who has never played these before and has no experience with raising digimon in the videogames either, what's the learning curve look like? Do you think it's quick to pick up, or is it easy to accidentally kill them or something?

They're not very hard to raise, they just need attention. If they're exactl the same as the OG ones, then really all you need to make sure you do is control how many mistakes and training sessions you do. Easy, but if you go in blind it's a lot of fun to experiment.

Ain't got no mojo... DigiCollect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by totentanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCollect View Post
    They're not very hard to raise, they just need attention. If they're exactl the same as the OG ones, then really all you need to make sure you do is control how many mistakes and training sessions you do. Easy, but if you go in blind it's a lot of fun to experiment.
    Well that's fantastic to hear. When these release I'll grab one and see how it goes then!

ERROR::DaiTigris.Location could not be found.
    Some part of me just smiles at the term "Binary Bout", it's nerdy and cool at the same time. Otherwise these are looking nice and I'm really digging the packaging. Even if they aren't quite up to par with the JP 20th's I wouldn't lie if I'd say I'm still tempted to pick a few up for my collection. On top of that buying two at most would still be less(USD) than what I paid for a single White X last fall.

Hell yeah, I was hoping these would be Digital Monster rereleases and not just like, light-up Digivice props or something. Good thing I preordered one already!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast