With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Re-Release V-Pet Images and New Info

Add Faust on Steam Add Faust on DeviantArt
    I've seen old classic style tamagotchi and gudetama tamagotchi in Target so I wouldn't be surprised to see them make their way over there too.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    I don't mind if it's a straight up reproduction of the '97 original or the Ver. 20th, but I hope these get a UK release.

Follow AKluthe On Twitter Add AKluthe on Facebook Add AKluthe on DeviantArt
    I suspect -- based on the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi -- these will be an accurate recreation of the original pet. They'll use the v20th's shells and hardware because they already exist and the original molds are gone. Plus the v20th stuff already got reused for the Digital Monster X's, so that means CR2032s instead of LR44s.

The only new feature I could see being included is the self contained battle system, so you could play the whole thing without two or more toys. But even then, the Tamagotchis went for complete accuracy over convenience, even though they had to be recreated from the ground up.

These are cheap enough that I can grab an extra one and do a custom repaint on them.

Ain't got no mojo... DigiCollect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Devkyu View Post
    These are cheap enough that I can grab an extra one and do a custom repaint on them.
    Any idea if it's possible to switch out the plastic cage around the screen or the button pieces between two of them?

Add Faust on Steam Add Faust on DeviantArt
    Theoretically, sure. You'd just have to be careful with the electrical components.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Theoretically, sure. You'd just have to be careful with the electrical components.
    Do you know if the cage piece just snaps out or it takes some finagling?

I come from the net DarkTamer Steph's Avatar
    Add DarkTamer Steph on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCollect View Post
    The old cage popped off super easy on the old ones, I haven't tried it on the v20 though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTamer Steph View Post
    The old cage popped off super easy on the old ones, I haven't tried it on the v20 though.
    Cool! If GameStop lets us choose our own colors after these release, I guess I won't be getting one, but two V-pets for the first time then. By the picture it looks like I have to aim for a yellow one and then one of any other color if i want multiple colored cage/button pieces to work with. Alright then.

Follow CrimsoniteX On Twitter Add CrimsoniteX on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTamer Steph View Post
    Itís the same with the 20th anniversary ones. Just make sure you separate the two pieces carefully so you donít rip off the speaker wire.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast