With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Re-Release V-Pet Images and New Info

Well Iím super disappointed, i just wanted a digimon adventure digivice prop,
    im canceling my 3 preorders, sure Iíve never played with the original digimon v pet, but considering the age and style nowadays I wouldnít have any fun looking at a few black and white pixels beeping

Add DL22003 on Discord Add DL22003 on Steam Add DL22003 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagatem View Post
    Well Iím super disappointed, i just wanted a digimon adventure digivice prop,
    im canceling my 3 preorders, sure Iíve never played with the original digimon v pet, but considering the age and style nowadays I wouldnít have any fun looking at a few black and white pixels beeping
    For a 80s kid like me, there's a certain beauty in the 16x16 pixel arts, even when sometimes they don't really look like the Digimons they're supposed to represent.

As for the devices themselves, if they go for the v-pet 20th contents I wonder how they're going to distribute the exclusive eggs or if they're going to shove them all into every device.

Follow crait On Twitter Add crait on Steam
    I hope that they include the new content, but I am curious, is there a place where I can see a list of all the little updates that the JP versions got?

EDIT: I found some info, here: https://wikimon.net/Digital_Monster_Ver.20th

Digital Monster Ver.20th (デジタルモンスター ver.20th Dejitaru Monsutā ver.20th) is a remake of the original Digital Monster Virtual Pet for the 20th Anniversary of the Digimon franchise but with plenty of new features. It contains all of the Ver.1 to Ver.5 from the first generation Digimon Virtual Pet line inside it. It has a roster of more than 115 Digimon and simple functions, behaving like a battling Tamagotchi. It now evolves through 6 stages after hatching from the DigiTama, beginning with the Baby I stage and ending in the Ultimate stage, but some could Ultimate can also combine. Players can now raise two Digimon at once and participate in an in-game single or tag battle. Each color contain one exclusive egg which is unobtainable on different color.
    Last edited by crait; 04-18-2019 at 09:36 AM.

@ DL22003
    Donít get me wrong itís cool, seeing as i grew up on the original run of digimon on fox kids, but I really wanted some collectable props for adventure, since i have davisís d3 and d terminal and takatoís gold d arc, would have been nice to get a tai or matt digivice or a tk d3, Iíll probably still get the yellow one but cancel my order for the other 2

Ugh wish there was more information. I still have my US Ver 1 Greymon version from 1996, and don't want to spend 20 bucks on these unless they're Digital Monster Ver 20ths.

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    This is so exciting! Finally I don't have to pay an exorbitant amount to import a pet, I can just buy one off the shelf! Definitely picking a few up, hoping that it will be both Version 1 AND 2 as options. Gonna grab one for my nephew too.

Note that this PROBABLY isn't the Ver.20th release, but rather a reproduction of the original Digital Monster with a new battery type, just like the Tamagotchi that released last year.
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th ē Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th ē Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

I hope it covers more than just Version 1. I'm not sure what versions actually got released in the US back in the day though.

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Add Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    I hope it covers more than just Version 1. I'm not sure what versions actually got released in the US back in the day though.
    It was only version 1. My guess is that they'll do something of the same thing they did with the 20th re-release of the Tamagotchi and stick with the same version they released in the US. Same mechanics and everything.

It's just as possible, though, that they take the Japanese 20ths and just lock some features to make it more like the original release.

Even so....might still try to convince my wife to let me buy it....

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    It was only version 1. My guess is that they'll do something of the same thing they did with the 20th re-release of the Tamagotchi and stick with the same version they released in the US. Same mechanics and everything.

It's just as possible, though, that they take the Japanese 20ths and just lock some features to make it more like the original release.

Even so....might still try to convince my wife to let me buy it....
    Ver 2 also had a very limited release in US, saw one in stores myself.

Holy cow! A domestic Digimon product that I actually want? These past few years I've just been importing Japanese blu-ray boxes and artbooks and paying middleman delivery services, and I've just gotten so darn tired of all the extra steps. The thought of simply walking into a store and buying something for the price of a new movie on DVD... what a concept.

You better believe I'm picking this up. I've got my Version 20th (that I've yet to open), and it would be cool if these were compatible. But even if they're not, and they're just the original 90s versions reprinted, I'm still cool with that.

Despite never owning a 90s V-Pet, seeing that Bandai "Digimon" logo just overwhelms me with nostalgia.
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast