With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Suzuko Mimori & Kazuchika Okada Marry

Suzuko Mimori & Kazuchika Okada Marry

Happy news is always good.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's been known for a decent amount of time that Suzuko Mimori (Sora in tri. and the upcoming Adventure film) and pro wrestler Kazuchika Okada (Rainmaker) were together, but they both recently announced that they have gotten married.

In her Line blog Mimori mentioned that she was still immature as a person, but that she wanted to be bright, fun, warm, and supportive with her family, as her mother was, and she plans to continue to work hard into the future and aim for taller heights and she thanks everyone for their upport.

Okada posted to his Twitter that he hoped they can bring a rain of happiness to their home and he hoped to continue thanking everyone in the future.

I'm not sure it's been stated 'exactly' how they met, but Okada is an insanely popular wrestler for New Japan Pro-Wrestling and is a huge anime and game fan (apparently he got interested in wrestling playing a wrestling video game when he was younger), and NJPW is owned by a few different companies that are involved in anime & other entertainment industry productions, along with with Okada cameoing in anime and games it's easy to see that they very well may have met at an anime or game event or at a production studio.

Always fun to be able to report happy news!

Thanks to onkei for the news and clarifying some details.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Touya On Twitter
    For the curious, these two likely met through Bushiroad, which owns a majority stake in NJPW. (And probably in their souls at this point.) Mimori voices a lot of characters in Bushiroad-owned media franchises, most notably Kourin in their young adult TCG anime Cardfight!! Vanguard and Umi in Love Live!. Bushiroad semi-frequently uses NJPW wrestlers to promote Vanguard in commercials and at live events, Okada being no exception. They also each had involvement both playing characters in and promoting the elementary-targeted TCG anime Future Card Buddyfight, with Okada playing himself

Crazy to think these two are tying the knot, I hope it's their happily-ever-after.

lol Interesting match ^^
    Love how the Rough looking wrestler loves his games/anime haha

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by AppliFang View Post
    lol Interesting match ^^
    Love how the Rough looking wrestler loves his games/anime haha
    A lot of wrestlers do, most of them are massive nerds. They wrestle 300+ times a year, and travel every day, so they gotta do something in that down time, and most seem to be big anime/gaming nerds

I never expected to see Okada, or any wrestler, mentioned here lol. congrats to them. Shame it wasn't Shinsuke since he's WWE lol

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    How many Digimon actors and actresses are married anyway?

His name is rainmaker and heís marrying a girl who plays a girl named after the sky that has a bird who can turn into a tribal bird person, thatís hilarious

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    How many Digimon actors and actresses are married anyway?
    I suspect quite a lot of them since they are in their 30s to 40s.

I know both Mimi's original & tri voice actresses are married. Mimi's original VA is married to the voice actor of Lordknightmon in Frontiers and X-evolution movie and current Mimi VA got married quite recently (a year or 2 I believe which also had a thread here too)

I come from the net
    Now he'll make money rain on both of them. As I said on Twitter. But thanks to it being aired on TV, I'm invested in NJPW. As you may seen on Twitter. But Okada is a big name there. One of his ring entrances involved dropping dollars with his face on it. Like, a bunch. But this is great.

Meanwhile, he, and many other NJPW wrestlers, were in Tiger Mask W. The title character is one in the line of the famous anime/wrestler's line. Sadly, few if any voiced themselves but it was really fun to see that. It's on Crunchyroll.

Also, if you think Okada's a big fan of stuff, see what famous wrestler Kenny Omega does. Not only is his finisher named after a game theme, but he did a commercial for an idol music game.

Junior Commander
    it's easy to see that they very well may have met at an anime or game event or at a production studio.
    Well, she played the heroine in Tiger Mask W, and that series had Okada as a character(though voiced by Masakazu Morita, unlike Makabe who voiced himself)
    And she even introduced real-life Tiger Mask at his events as Haruna (https://youtu.be/hoN7iXL2lQo?t=108 )

So yeah, it's likely they met in Tiger Mask-related events. I wonder if she'll ever end up making her debut as real-life Springer?

Also, everybody should watch Tiger Mask W.

I come from the net
    Agreed. Everyone should. And Makabe kind of had to voice himself. With how his voice is so noticeable. Oh wait, she played the girl MC? ...That explains a lot.